GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,284 comments
Yeah, I managed to get a lap time in the 2'07.000's, but Bathurst is not my thing, the downhill section is just too chaotic for me, plus the last obstacle before reaching the finish line can be a lap killer, it's right after the long straightway after the Falken walls. I'm just glad I picked up another win this morning.
A win? I’m not sure I would recognize a win.
I’ve had a busy summer and haven’t been spending the proper amount of time behind the wheel so my times have been suffering. Anybody who says this isn’t a skill doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

Congrats on your win.

My god, race B tonight feels like full British Touring Cars. It’s rough but fun!
British? Yeah, I did 3 races and did not finish in the top 5 in either one. Idk why but the drivers seemed aggressive in my first one, most of the drivers were D's, and there were 2 that had a C level. Lol, maybe we should call the Titans to help us out.

@Jflijohn I meant to say I got a win at Eiger, not Bathurst. Sorry for the confusion. The kart races are a great way for beginners to practice with MT. They are mostly stable and can handle the Eiger course.

Yeah, I did 3 races and did not finish in the top 5 in either one.
I did a couple races and the driving was tight but ok. Then on the third, I VERY lightly tap a car in front, which was nothing compared to what he’d already been in, and he goes off track (but really I think he could of held it) and he comes back on along side me on the inside of the corner and I’m quite ready to yield the position back to him, and he goes full nuclear on me.

What a P.o.S.

GT7 | Daily Race B 24-36 | I get taken out by a right P.o.S.

Edit. I’m done with daily B.

Next race was just a bad. I was having a good race with 3rd, me being in 4th for a couple lap and a half and I manage to pass him for 3rd. I was thinking how I would congratulate him for such a good race. Then at the bottom of the hill he just punts me off!!

When I get back on track the back markers just decide to take it out on me, whose idea to pass is to try to knock you off track. I actually got fed up and decided to revenge attack one of them and punch them into oblivion. I got a 4 second penalty for that and then after that I quit. Im not proud.

I’m done with this race.

Last edited:
I did a couple races and the driving was tight but ok. Then on the third, I VERY lightly tap a car in front, which was nothing compared to what he’d already been in, and he goes off track (but really I think he could of held it) and he comes back on along side me on the inside of the corner and I’m quite ready to yield the position back to him, and he goes full nuclear on me.

What a P.o.S.

Next race was just a bad. I was having a good race with 3rd, me being in 4th for a couple lap and a half and I manage to pass him for 3rd. I was thinking how I would congratulate him for such a good race. Then at the bottom of the hill he just punts me off!!

When I get back on track the back markers just decide to take it out on me, whose idea to pass is to try to knock you off track. I actually got fed up and decided to revenge attack one of them and punch them into oblivion. I got a 4 second penalty for that and then after that I quit. Im not proud.

I’m done with this race.

That’s the solitary problem with gt7, the ppl who just can’t let a faster car by, and they always ruin their own race in the process,

Such a shame

Don’t let them keep you down!

Nah I can't see that being true in my opinion. They have internal BoP testers (3 last time I spoke to anyone about it, 2 of which are super aliens)
That's a very narrow pool to gauge performance from.

They might as well just use Sophy to achieve the theoretical ultimate performance for each car.

I think that they look at the spread of performance across a range of driving abilities as part of the process. And if they don't then BoP is never going to work.

At the higher skill levels it becomes diminishing returns as the margins become quite narrow. But across the broader player spectrum things like the 911 is probably the better car than say the Genesis just for drivability. This somewhat counters whether the best car for everyone is the one that an alien can get the best time from.

That said it's all a bit of a black box with so much PD secret sauce mixed in.

What a P.o.S.

I’m done with this race.

Ah that is sad to see. Funny how some donkeys reply to small taps by taking you out. I mean if you wanted to take him out, the punt would have either been harder or you keep driving/ trying to turn him. A small tap and you going to the outside of the track to give him room to settle should be very obvious to him that it was an accident from your end.

Sorry mate, unlucky from your part 😞

That's a very narrow pool to gauge performance from.
But that is the pool that matters.
Performance in a competition needs to be as close as possible for those who participate for the top ranks.
If the result is some kind of "superior" car on the lower ranks because car a simply has more power (to make up for something that non-aliens cant make proper use of), we all have to swallow that.
Otherwise, if BoP would be made for the masses, then there would be a superior car in the hands of the aliens and suddenly there are only 1make exibitions.

But that is the pool that matters.
Performance in a competition needs to be as close as possible for those who participate for the top ranks.
If the result is some kind of "superior" car on the lower ranks because car a simply has more power (to make up for something that non-aliens cant make proper use of), we all have to swallow that.
Otherwise, if BoP would be made for the masses, then there would be a superior car in the hands of the aliens and suddenly there are only 1make exibitions.
That's a good point which really lends itself to "regular bop" and "competion bop" which would seem the pragmatic solution.

Last edited:
That's a good point which really lends itself to "regular bop" and "competion bop" which would seem the pragmatic solution.
Propably, in sport mode it could be solved by driver rating technically speaking.
Yet which of the profiles would then be applied to the offline races? It wouldnt matter much, as the competition is all AI, though in case someone wants to quickly test something in a closed space?
Still applying BoP according to driver rating? Then it would require every player to score a few online races.
Blanket apply high skill BoP? I already struggle with some cars cornering behavior (and especially the Gr.3 Vantage is not actually a Gr.5 car in my hands ...)
Blanket apply low skill BoP? Maybe, but then the solution would be "pick car x for track x" instead of learning the tarmac and the cockpit :)

I fully believe that the lack of a functioning penalty system is what leads to revenge type situations like this. If there was a system that consistently penalised drivers for punting other people (even accidentally), drivers would feel less of a need to "take matters into their own hands", and get revenge by ramming the guy they had an incident with.

I don't know if this has been brought up before but it seems that there's a glitch or bug in these standing starts for Daily Race A.

Never did anything apart from revving my kart and then once the race starts it seemed like my kart was stuck for a moment like I had the brakes on.

I don't know if this has been brought up before but it seems that there's a glitch or bug in these standing starts for Daily Race A.

Never did anything apart from revving my kart and then once the race starts it seemed like my kart was stuck for a moment like I had the brakes on.

Were you actually using your handbrake? If you weren't and was just reving then you'll get a start penalty that will delay your take off. You need to use handbrake and release it when the lights turn green.

Some quality racing today

I was thinking perhaps my woes were drunk Labor Day revelers on Monday night and then thought perhaps Tuesday was better. Then I saw the video! Yeah, not better...

Last edited:
Were you actually using your handbrake? If you weren't and was just reving then you'll get a start penalty that will delay your take off. You need to use handbrake and release it when the lights turn green.
I was only using the brake on those standing starts and never I had experienced that in any of the Daily Race A sessions I did until now with the kart suddenly stalling at the start.

I begin to wonder how those aliens are breaking time under 1'10.000 in those go-karts. I'm even using MT mostly and still I can't get to their level. It's much easier to get around Eiger in these little things.

Last edited:
I begin to wonder how those aliens are breaking time under 1'10.000 in those go-karts. I'm even using MT mostly and still I can't get to their level. It's much easier to get around Eiger in these little things.
I think it's down to both the hairpins and the corner by the pits, there seems to be a certain line you have to take there to stop you losing speed because once you do you're compromised until you get to the top.

So two weird things with the new B and C races.

Last night, on daily race C, I had my first race on my upgraded DR rating. Started 11th, M6 Endurance, RM tires, pitted at the end of lap 4 to switch to RS tires, and I ended up winning the race, with the clean race bonus. DR went "up", SR already maxed. When I went to look the bar had BARELY moved if at all on my DR. I'm so confused, it was just a nearly perfect race for me and easily one of my all time best.

This morning, on both attempts at daily race B, I had a race with a bunch of real quality folks. In both races started low in the pack, improved 4-6 places in both races to end in 6 or 8th place, both races clean race bonus (as I never even bumped anyone else, despite getting punted multiple times). I LOST DR in both races?

I'm so confused. Anyone got any pointers on how the DR system actually works, because this seems in direct contradiction to what I've researched on the internet and seems like I did everything right except finishing in the top 5. They were all fun races at least =)

So two weird things with the new B and C races.

Last night, on daily race C, I had my first race on my upgraded DR rating. Started 11th, M6 Endurance, RM tires, pitted at the end of lap 4 to switch to RS tires, and I ended up winning the race, with the clean race bonus. DR went "up", SR already maxed. When I went to look the bar had BARELY moved if at all on my DR. I'm so confused, it was just a nearly perfect race for me and easily one of my all time best.

This morning, on both attempts at daily race B, I had a race with a bunch of real quality folks. In both races started low in the pack, improved 4-6 places in both races to end in 6 or 8th place, both races clean race bonus (as I never even bumped anyone else, despite getting punted multiple times). I LOST DR in both races?

I'm so confused. Anyone got any pointers on how the DR system actually works, because this seems in direct contradiction to what I've researched on the internet and seems like I did everything right except finishing in the top 5. They were all fun races at least =)
Hi man, welcome to the GT club. The DR/SR is calculated on how many drivers you beat. If you finish better than 7 your DR goes up, if you finish in 8-16th then you DR/SR goes down. If you get penalties in Races B/C, that also affects you DR and SR. Yeah, it gets harder the higher rank you go, that's why I'm staying at a D for now. Did I explain it good enough? Sturk0167 told me you get 80 DR points for each driver you beat in a race.

Last edited:
I'm one of those peeps who are in the 1:09 territory right now (1:09.8 at the moment) and from what I'm able to accomplish, it's all about getting that last hairpin done with enough speed and what the user mentioned about the corner by the pits, there what I did is I make sure get into a straight as much as possible so I can get some speed.

Last edited:
Hi man, welcome to the GT club. The DR/SR is calculated on how many drivers you beat. If you finish better than 7 your DR goes up, if you finish in 8-16th then you DR/SR goes down. If you get penalties in Races B/C, that also affects you DR and SR. Yeah, it gets harder the higher rank you go, that's why I'm staying at a D for now. Did I explain it good enough? Sturk0167 told me you get 80 DR points for each driver you beat in a race.
Thanks Chris30, and yeah this helps a lot! But, in the first Daily Race B, I started (I didn't save the replay) I think I started 11th, and finished 6th, clean race, DR went down? How could this be possible? that should be 400 points improvement, right? In the second, I think I started 13-14th and finished 8th. Do you know how much you go down in points if you finish 8-16, or is it an increasing amount the worse you finish? Like did the face that I gained 400-480 DR points get overshadowed by the 8th place finish?

Do you know if you get fewer points for people that are rage quitting during the race causing you to gain a place?

Also, on that Daily race C that I won, 11 places increased and I swear the bar didn't even move. Is the "DR C" bar like 1000 points wide, and the "DR B" bar 10000 points wide (I'm making these numbers up, lol).

If this info is out there already I apologize, I feel like I must be searching for the wrong terms, lol.

Just lol. Current time: 1:26:036

1725379040888.jpeg
1725379048209.jpeg

Was up 0.4s twice in 2 laps but car handles differently in the same corner next laps lol

Last edited:
Thanks Chris30, and yeah this helps a lot! But, in the first Daily Race B, I started (I didn't save the replay) I think I started 11th, and finished 6th, clean race, DR went down? How could this be possible? that should be 400 points improvement, right? In the second, I think I started 13-14th and finished 8th. Do you know how much you go down in points if you finish 8-16, or is it an increasing amount the worse you finish? Like did the face that I gained 400-480 DR points get overshadowed by the 8th place finish?

Do you know if you get fewer points for people that are rage quitting during the race causing you to gain a place?

Also, on that Daily race C that I won, 11 places increased and I swear the bar didn't even move. Is the "DR C" bar like 1000 points wide, and the "DR B" bar 10000 points wide (I'm making these numbers up, lol).

If this info is out there already I apologize, I feel like I must be searching for the wrong terms, lol.
It's much worse if you quit races because it automatically places you last, then your DR gets really tanked.

It's much worse if you quit races because it automatically places you last, then your DR gets really tanked.
I figured, but I meant for the people that were quitting (not me). Do I still count as "beating" those people if they quit mid race and I go up a place for them removing themselves from the race, or does GT just count those as 0 points.

I’m done with this race.
I concur

I find GR4 racing, especially when it's Race B, is just too occupied by the bumper car group. I don't know why they are so drawn to gr4. Also, I believe that fewer people partake in Gr4 races (when it's race B at least) so the matchmaking is awful. I was in a room with a mix of A+ to C drivers...that can't be right.

So ya, I'm out of this race for the remainder of the week.

That's not how it works, mate. Like, at all. Finishing position does not effect SR; penalties, contacts, and off track excursions do not effect DR.

Taken from a different thread conversation so some may be out of context (I've snipped some out), but the methodology is here. Originally posted by @Famine :

DR is solely determined by your race finishing positions: a straightforward exchange of points between you, the people you beat and people who beat you scaled according to the relative difference in points between you.

For every car you finish in front of you gain: 80 - ((Player DR - Rival DR))/500)DR

For every car you finish behind, you lose: 80 + ((Player DR - Rival DR))/500)DR

As you can see, unless the difference is in excess of 39,500pt, you'll lose at least one point.

In a race where everyone has identical DR, this is the change in points after the race:
1: +1200
2: +1040
3: +880
4: +720
5: +560
6: +400
7: +240
8: +80
9: -80
10: -240
11: -400
12: -560
13: -720
14: -880
15: -1040
16: -1200
I've seen races where the player finished P2 and lost DR (was a stream with Digit, so very high DR players and should one lose to a high A/low A+ then the math works itself out accordingly and DR is lost).

Thank you Talon for fully clarifying that, I didn't explain it well enough. SR will go down if you do bad things in a race, like ramming others, cutting corners, and hitting the wall hard multiple times. I try to behave in each race to keep my SR even.

Last edited:
That's not how it works, mate. Like, at all. Finishing position does not effect SR; penalties, contacts, and off track excursions do not effect DR.

Taken from a different thread conversation so some may be out of context (I've snipped some out), but the methodology is here. Originally posted by @Famine :

I've seen races where the player finished P2 and lost DR (was a stream with Digit, so very high DR players and should one lose to a high A/low A+ then the math works itself out accordingly and DR is lost).
Wow, so thank you for the clarification. I guess that would explain a lot of it then. It is what it is, so I'll just work on improving as much as I can! I really want to work up to A/A+ one day.

All to often this is my issue. Last night in Race B there was two A+ drivers, me being one of them, 3 or 4 A and the rest B. Second place and lost DR. Most of the top split guys hang out in C and a top 5 finish usually provides a net positive DR gain. Or you bin it downhill on the mountain and watch a whole nights worth of DR go down the drain. cough

Last edited:
Back