GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,349 comments
I'm really tired of the entitlement some people feel. this happens in T1 at Fuji ALL THE TIME! There is an entire track, and people have mirrors, and we have radar. Where do drivers expect the other cars to go?

I'm in the Audi. I suppose I have a little bit of room where I could go onto the curb, but that's all. This dude in the Porsche assumes that he's racing a ghost replay or something and just dives to the apex as if I were not there. This was the second race where he did it and I get accused of dirty driving.

It isn't dirty to stay on your line. It's dirty to come off your line and cut across someone else's. I don't understand.

When I start from pole, I stay to the outside line because, again, where are the other cars supposed to go?

From a clean SR to SR A in a handful of races, all for assuming other people have the common sense to remember that there are others on track.

I just don't get it. (also, this is why "damage", as it exists in this game, doesn't mean anything)

3c9f47ac762f918f6e9c52d7f1b6850d_photo.webp

Last edited:
Same issue here, I am at a 1.33.24. I have watched Kylian's replay many times, he is literally with all 4 wheel of the tarmac in the second chicane, I don't get it. I keep getting penalties there for way less in qualifying.

I have watched Kylian's replay many times, he is literally with all 4 wheel of the tarmac in the second chicane, I don't get it. I keep getting penalties there for way less in qualifying.
The asphalt isn't the definition of track limits. While GT7's track limits might be... unclear a lot of the time, if you watch his replay very carefully (and slowly) you'll see that at least two of his tyres will be clearly in contact with something by which you could define a racing surface - lines, kerbs, run-off - and yours aren't.

If you post screenshots of his replay where you think you'd get a penalty if you followed his lines (which, of course, you wouldn't), it would help zero in on it.

The asphalt isn't the definition of track limits. While GT7's track limits might be... unclear a lot of the time, if you watch his replay very carefully (and slowly) you'll see that at least two of his tyres will be clearly in contact with something by which you could define a racing surface - lines, kerbs, run-off - and yours aren't.

If you post screenshots of his replay where you think you'd get a penalty if you followed his lines (which, of course, you wouldn't), it would help zero in on it.
I hope you did not think of me that I truly believe I get penalties where he doesn't... Come on, isn't it obvious that I am just frustrated hot lapping Monza where the track limits are so tricky? I am not going to record all my track limit penalties, I rather give it another go until I am in the top 1000.

I hope you did not think of me that I truly believe I get penalties where he doesn't... Come on, isn't it obvious that I am just frustrated hot lapping Monza where the track limits are so tricky? I am not going to record all my track limit penalties, I rather give it another go until I am in the top 1000.
I mean... you posted about your confusion why a top player isn't getting penalties where you are so naturally, as this is basically a place where we all help each other out, I was hoping that we could all help you out with your confusion.
I don't get it. I keep getting penalties there for way less in qualifying.
Come on, isn't it obvious that I am just frustrated hot lapping Monza where the track limits are so tricky?
Nope.

Same issue here, I am at a 1.33.24. I have watched Kylian's replay many times, he is literally with all 4 wheel of the tarmac in the second chicane, I don't get it. I keep getting penalties there for way less in qualifying.
If you notice in Kylians replay he turns slightly right before turning into the first corner. This gives him better rotation and he's more turned into the curb/Apex. If you take a more shallow line the game will give you a penalty. It's super tight but that's the difference.

I really hate the way Fuji was built. There's so many awkward corners, deltas and turns to navigate. I've been switching back and forth between the Porsche RSR and the Huracan since they are both tied for the meta car and most of my friends are using them, so I have to join the club. I'm stuck at 1'42.390 atm. If I can string a lap together in the 1'40.000's or 1'41.000's I'm gonna post it here so you guys can take a look. I normally do not use MT here as Sector 3 is a b***h to pass and I'm not joking.

Sorry for swearing, but durn. Frustration and anger will cause you to do that.

Oh, I need someone to review this #2 race I had at Deep Forest. I was on Lap 3 fixing to brake at the sharp left turn and someone hit the back of me, but yet I received the penalty, that's not fair. And then at the end I had to move over so no one would hit me and I barely brushed the wall and got a small penalty. That AD driver is nuts. I wish I had stayed back from him.

Last edited:
I really hate the way Fuji was built. There's so many awkward corners, deltas and turns to navigate. I've been switching back and forth between the Porsche RSR and the Huracan since they are both tied for the meta car and most of my friends are using them, so I have to join the club. I'm stuck at 1'42.390 atm. If I can string a lap together in the 1'40.000's or 1'41.000's I'm gonna post it here so you guys can take a look. I normally do not use MT here as Sector 3 is a b***h to pass and I'm not joking.

Sorry for swearing, but durn. Frustration and anger will cause you to do that.

Oh, I need someone to review this #2 race I had at Deep Forest. I was on Lap 3 fixing to brake at the sharp left turn and someone hit the back of me, but yet I received the penalty, that's not fair. And then at the end I had to move over so no one would hit me and I barely brushed the wall and got a small penalty. That AD driver is nuts. I wish I had stayed back from him.

You started to stop way to early, effectively brake checking the guy behind you so hard that when he cut the apex on the hairpin you were assessed a penalty for forcing another driver off the track.

Hi Chris, you were very unlucky there. I think your opponent knew exactly what he was doing by driving off the track after hitting you in the rear. I think he played the system so that the game thought you knocked him off instead of putting the blame on him for not reacting to your braking.

The other penalty, although annoying, was inconsequential because you did well enough to keep 9th by staying at least a second ahead of that nuisance driver.

Keep going!

Hi Chris, you were very unlucky there. I think your opponent knew exactly what he was doing by driving off the track after hitting you in the rear. I think he played the system so that the game thought you knocked him off instead of putting the blame on him for not reacting to your braking.

The other penalty, although annoying, was inconsequential because you did well enough to keep 9th by staying at least a second ahead of that nuisance driver.

Keep going!
Well I should have just stayed back on Lap 5 and just let him go on, I'll know next time to just stay away and just come in last. I hope I don't see that guy anymore in my future races.

Last edited:
I'm really tired of the entitlement some people feel. this happens in T1 at Fuji ALL THE TIME! There is an entire track, and people have mirrors, and we have radar. Where do drivers expect the other cars to go?

I'm in the Audi. I suppose I have a little bit of room where I could go onto the curb, but that's all. This dude in the Porsche assumes that he's racing a ghost replay or something and just dives to the apex as if I were not there. This was the second race where he did it and I get accused of dirty driving.

It isn't dirty to stay on your line. It's dirty to come off your line and cut across someone else's. I don't understand.

When I start from pole, I stay to the outside line because, again, where are the other cars supposed to go?

From a clean SR to SR A in a handful of races, all for assuming other people have the common sense to remember that there are others on track.

I just don't get it. (also, this is why "damage", as it exists in this game, doesn't mean anything)

3c9f47ac762f918f6e9c52d7f1b6850d_photo.webp
It is only a Picture, at least I only see a picture;-) but from this I can tell, yes the Porsche (not you) is in the wrong, he simply cutting you off what easily could lead to an accident. Not to mention, that you could easily make him spin, by stopping the acceleration for a blink of an eye and step on it again.

Ok, I'm really not feeling well about talking back, it's more a question if it could be possible. I had the same issue in interlagos, 1st right hander on the track after the drop. The ghost (supra, top ten qualifyer) I can't remember my car. He cut the right hander, I was really right behind him, rather more on the left than on the right. Me got a penalty he doesn't. Tried it again same result. I wrote about it here and someone replied, I should not accelerate.. I Can't remember about interlagos, but I am sure it's the secret at Watkins Glen, after the downhill slope, there is this crucial left hander, with blue and yellow curbs. If you overshoot but don't accelerate right from the curbs (off track) no penalties. Tried it at least 2 times each and it worked.

The penalty system is brutal with Monza.
Last night I started a daily C with a full SR bar on S.

First chicane is chaos as usual but ghost system worked and no one got killed.
On second chicane Im taking the outside line but a Genesis is getting bigger and bigger on the mirror so I asumed he lost the braking point. Bit of a panic there and I move under braking to the left to avoid the guy with no brakes (he run off the track and got reset)
I avoided the Genesis torpedo but couldnt brake in time and I hit someone off the track.

3 secs pen for me (deserved).
I wait for him (he also got reset) and we keep racing.

On the 3rd lap server crashed and Im off the race.
I took it as a message and turned off the system.

Today my SR rating is just a pixel on the A bar, Im almost a B driver.
Almost 2 full SR bars in one race for just one incident and a quit that wasnt my fault?

Last edited:
It is only a Picture, at least I only see a picture;-) but from this I can tell, yes the Porsche (not you) is in the wrong, he simply cutting you off what easily could lead to an accident. Not to mention, that you could easily make him spin, by stopping the acceleration for a blink of an eye and step on it again.
Not to mention, staying to the outside would have allowed him to use wide open throttle and likely beat me to T3.

I know this, because I have done it. I leave the inside if someone is there and I just get on it, and live to fight in another corner.

Deep Forest reverse is awful to drive for me personally. Avoid. I cant remember if those races at WG and brands were any good.

I cant get into this week at all. Having moved up to DR A last week I've reached the ceiling of my talents (without a week off work to practice practice practice) so I tried a couple of race A's last night which I guess is more popular due the hardcore GR.4 fans. I started at the back and got know where near catching anyone. All A lobby not the usual mix like when its road cars.

I tried one Race C and it was carnage nonsense. It was a farce.

Will try B later but might be once and done..

Last edited:
Deep forest reverse is awesome if it’s gr4, had a blast in the McLaren there one week.

Brands Indy can’t say will be enough for the week and A seems like road cars so I might have to stick it out in deep forest next week.

But before then

I am to get some serious monza races going!

Ok, I'm really not feeling well about talking back, it's more a question if it could be possible. I had the same issue in interlagos, 1st right hander on the track after the drop. The ghost (supra, top ten qualifyer) I can't remember my car. He cut the right hander, I was really right behind him, rather more on the left than on the right. Me got a penalty he doesn't. Tried it again same result. I wrote about it here and someone replied, I should not accelerate.. I Can't remember about interlagos, but I am sure it's the secret at Watkins Glen, after the downhill slope, there is this crucial left hander, with blue and yellow curbs. If you overshoot but don't accelerate right from the curbs (off track) no penalties. Tried it at least 2 times each and it worked.
Have you tried lifting when off-track? And I mean fully off/back on the throttle. I ask because there are a couple penalty zones where, when you hit them, jumping off/on the throttle allows you to escape unscathed.

I think it was discussed here but that was a bazillion pages ago. Should be in the thread somewhere, though. :cheers:

Last edited:
Have you tried lifting when off-track? And I mean fully off/back on the throttle. I ask because there are a couple penalty zones where, when you hit them, jumping off/on the throttle allows you to escape unscathed.

I think it was discussed here but that was a bazillion pages ago. Should be in the thread somewhere, though. :cheers:
This.

There are a couple of track limits (Watkins and Redbull) if you lift off enough it gives you a grace on the penalty. Arguably you've lost as much as the pen any way.

It's also the same with contact, if you make hard contact but the car can recover and you ease off sometimes it will let it slide and you won't get the ramming pen.

That said their are multiple and custom parameters for pens so potentially no races are the same.

But as an example T1 at Fuji if a car behind ghosts and I run out to the tarmac I won't get a pen, on turn 2 if I clip the bollard instant pen, if I get run wide at t2 with contact then it's typically not a pen.

The caveat though is in mid B lobbies the ghosting and pens are are more liberal. As you go to the tighter lobbies it drops off considerably. But the yang is the pace and relative standards/car control are better

I'm working through single player again and over the weekend I was doing the Historie Sportcar Races and was loving driving my Pantera at Goodmans and Nordschleife against other 70's cars. I must say I am having more fun exploring the road going cars in single player at the moment and wish there were some classic, single make, tune car selections (such as tuned hot hatches) that aren't all unranked A races.

Shuffle mode please PD.

Back