GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,332 comments
I'm still missing the road or classic car option though. Just add a race D already.
I'm working through single player again and over the weekend I was doing the Historie Sportcar Races and was loving driving my Pantera at Goodmans and Nordschleife against other 70's cars. I must say I am having more fun exploring the road going cars in single player at the moment and wish there were some classic, single make, tune car selections (such as tuned hot hatches) that aren't all unranked A races.

Last edited:
There is nothing else that I can think of that will net you a full one-minute penalty. Can't answer the 'why' part of it...no GOOD answer for that. Especially when you see the same driver do it more than ONE time. I went full dumb-ass once and did that...been paying attention ever since.

Then again, this is the same environment where people enjoy irritating others by driving like complete richards and ruining races because they can. Understanding it, elusive as that may be, will offer neither clarity or comfort.😁

:cheers:
Thankyou. I have only witnessed really one crazy rage situation. This guy should have been banned for this. Last week race C last lap, we are way back. I’m in 8th bumper to bumper 2 cars in front and an idiot behind me. Clean up until this point. We go single file through the last chicane before the final 2 corners. Idiot behind me takes the pit entrance road but does not turn left toward the pit instead straight line across the grass full speed perpendicular across the front straight taking out the 2 guys in front of me just after they exited the last corner. That was brutal. But I did get 6th as a result.

Ok so I’m going to try Fuji today,

I think I have a mental block about it for some reason but it sounds like you guys are having fun so let’s see.

I’m very much a racing man so I’ll have to be able to work a fairly decent time and hope the racing is good.

One thing I hadn’t taken into account about race A is that it starts 10 mins earlier and I only just caught the 20 past the hour race yesterday so no time for QT, coupled with the strange bug I experienced and the fact that I did gr.4 all last week I’m in for something different.

At some stage I want to try monza too!

👍🏻

I'm working through single player again and over the weekend I was doing the Historie Sportcar Races and was loving driving my Pantera at Goodmans and Nordschleife against other 70's cars. I must say I am having more fun exploring the road going cars in single player at the moment and wish there were some classic, single make, tune car selections (such as tuned hot hatches) that aren't all unranked A races.

The Pantera is a great car, exactly what should be used in daily races IMO.

Although maybe having group 3/4 cars in Race A is proving more popular with the majority of players, and if so maybe we wont be seeing anything like that for a while.

Last edited:
Thankyou. And how about people with the 1 minute penalties? why do I in almost every race see people with 1 minute penalties. Meaning they have raced a bunch to get there, yet still miss the pits? Or same tires? What else can you get a 1 minute penalty for?
i guess somebody else answered it already. it is really only because of wrong or missed Pit stop. Wrong pit stop = you are supposed to use RS and RM but you only use RS, for example.

My time spent playing GT7 is almost always split 50/50 between Sport Mode and single player, for this reason.

It's a shame we can't get a straightforward competitive AI experience (Sophy excluded due to limitations), but I am starting to understand that it's not the nature of the vehicles preventing them being represented online, it's the nature of people.

Someone on this forum recently stated that Race Cars are generally EASIER to drive than road cars, and I'd never thought of it that way. Sure, they're quick and require fast reflexes and good muscle memory, but they behave in a predictable and controlled manner (mostly). I'm only just starting to agree with the statement. I think i used to overcomplicate driving them.

My favourite races are still Road Cars, because they are strange and individualistic beasts, but they are not particularly casual-friendly.

I recently bought my final UCD car, and so began my clean up of Brand Central in my mission to drive every car. I hope to be able to try them out in a competitive online environment eventually, whether it be TT or Race conditions, but for now I'll settle for my little single player holidays.

This week, I think race B is my thing.
Interestingly, it's the Gr.3 Viper that has brought me success, so far. :)
Viper is great there. fast on the long straight. i used it yesterday also. But , i noticed yesterday for the first time, what a bad designed track it is. there is no rhythm and flow . nearly every corner is designed to throw you off track than follows this long straight - boring. and it´s slippery in the technical part at the end.
But thanks for letting us use MEDIUM TYRES

I used to avoid modern Gr.1 races before the 1.49 update for 2 reasons.

1. I was really bad managing the hybrid deployment and that ridiculous trick for recharging the battery (pumping the gas while braking)
2. Dirty air

After the update the hybrid system is more friendly and with custom slip as we have now in Monza the races are really good (as long as you survive T1 on lap 1).
I was skeptical about this daily C but now I think it is a very good combo.

Would somebody care to explain to me why and how I ended up in a lobby like this?

(40% bar A-Driver)

191dc00d82647-screenshotUrl.jpg

Only managed to do one session of Fuji Speedway and yeah I got demoted to DR A after a few very bad Daily Race C outings due to T1 but that is fine by me as it gives me motivation to get back to DR A+ before the end of the week.

I used to avoid modern Gr.1 races before the 1.49 update for 2 reasons.

1. I was really bad managing the hybrid deployment and that ridiculous trick for recharging the battery (pumping the gas while braking)
2. Dirty air

After the update the hybrid system is more friendly and with custom slip as we have now in Monza the races are really good (as long as you survive T1 on lap 1).
I was skeptical about this daily C but now I think it is a very good combo.
Fully agree here, tried some QT at monza in the R18 after seeing tidgneys video and it’s really fun to drive, not sure how a daily would go because it feels like it could be carnage.

The beast just need taming 😆

Am I too much a of chicken for being scared to actually do a race at Fuji? With the tendency of Gr3 to spin at the slightest moment and the history of contact in any Fuji race format, I don't want to fall back in my SR/ DR for the 1000th time from being wiped out lol. 😖 🫠🐔

Putting some time in the QT though and getting to where I want to be in terms of my personal target! I know I can as I have mucked up some corners almost every lap I have done but shaving another 0.2s is my minimum target at the moment and I am (thankfully) consistent in my times...

Fully expecting some usual suspects to knock me down a few positions but, at least for now, hahahaha @newmedia_dev 😂❤️

1725986514536.jpeg
1725986521541.jpeg

1725986540791.jpeg

-- Small Update - Did one more lap before I head out for a bit and shaved off a teeney bit more 😁

1725987895598.jpeg

Last edited:
in Monza the races are really good (as long as you survive T1 on lap 1)
Yes, that's a challenge in itself! Fortunately my QT puts me near the back, so I just hold off a bit, and let everybody else fight it out.

The one race today where I started higher up in 8th, I got rammed into the first part of the first chicane, straight into the back of another car - 2 second penalty.

Got rammed into the back of another car exiting the second part of the chicane, another 3 second penalty, and then got rammed at the second chicane into another car - 2 second penalty!

Not even one third of the way round the first lap and I've got 7 seconds of penalty....

I'm not gonna lie I enjoyed that lap...

View attachment 1388235

Hope you are having a nice night out 😝
It's not a night out, needed to go walk my giant horse-dog and pick up Mrs Techno from work 😂

Picture of my "terrifying, aggressive and scary 50kg horse-dog" attached for visual evidence 😂

1725991841783.png

Will try some laps later tonight once both of my real-life attachments fall asleep 😅

Very nice QT, sir!

It's not a night out, needed to go walk my giant horse-dog and pick up Mrs Techno from work 😂

Picture of my "terrifying, aggressive and scary 50kg horse-dog" attached for visual evidence 😂

View attachment 1388236

Will try some laps later tonight once both of my real-life attachments fall asleep 😅

Very nice QT, sir!
We are watching 2 of our friends/families dogs.

You wanna see mean animals I give you this feisty bunch....the choc lab is mine

IMG_1190.jpeg

Mini daschund thing
Mini schnauzer thing
And my lump of a family choc lab

Fully agree here, tried some QT at monza in the R18 after seeing tidgneys video and it’s really fun to drive, not sure how a daily would go because it feels like it could be carnage.

The beast just need taming 😆
Not much carnage at far as I've seen in 3 races...

The ghosting at Turn 1 is mostly considerately implemented. From what I can tell, you aren't able to know if the cars in front are ghosted, they'll only appear as such when you're literally inside the other car.

Last edited:
Wow, Monza is a struggle for me, lol. I got a 1'36.8xx time which is almost dead last on my friends leaderboard. But it's nothing new. I'm used to my mortal skills as they are. As long as I can get a 1'35.1xx time, I'm not worried about the rest.

Gr1 is so broken. The LMPs, Group C cars, and VGTs cannot live in the same grouping. It's ridiculous. Had a couple Monza races today 'ruined' because of it.
I must admit, I've been murdered to various degrees at Ascari when I'm using the Toyota Hybrid. In spite of this, the races have mostly been fine.

The length of the race and relatively high rate of attrition helps, with many quick people quitting early. No doubt with the frustrations shared by you, Talon.

Last edited:
Yes, that's a challenge in itself! Fortunately my QT puts me near the back, so I just hold off a bit, and let everybody else fight it out.

The one race today where I started higher up in 8th, I got rammed into the first part of the first chicane, straight into the back of another car - 2 second penalty.

Got rammed into the back of another car exiting the second part of the chicane, another 3 second penalty, and then got rammed at the second chicane into another car - 2 second penalty!

Not even one third of the way round the first lap and I've got 7 seconds of penalty....
That’s exactly what I’m talking about!

That the definition of carnage right there! 🤣

I do not like the way Sector 3 at Fuji is built. It's really awkward to drive and get through each turn and corner correctly. It stresses me out everytime because I tend to lose time somewhere in that area. it's freaking ridiculous if you ask me how I feel about it. I guess I'll watch some replays and use some ghosts to figure out where I'm losing time the most. I know for one it is Sector 3 and the last right turn before the finish(Fuji Speedway).

I do not like the way Sector 3 at Fuji is built. It's really awkward to drive and get through each turn and corner correctly. It stresses me out everytime because I tend to lose time somewhere in that area. it's freaking ridiculous if you ask me how I feel about it. I guess I'll watch some replays and use some ghosts to figure out where I'm losing time the most. I know for one it is Sector 3 and the last right turn before the finish(Fuji Speedway).
Feeling exactly the same about Fuji sector 3. As somebody stated above, it just always feels wrong, no matter how you do those corners. It is absolutely my least liked sector of tracks I know. But I guess it just means we need to drive it 1000 times more and we will hopefully get to a point where it does not feel so yucky.🤷🏼‍♂️

So my first outing in the gr1, my 1.34.3xx slots me in 2nd on the grid. I even managed to get around the chicane unscathed only for me to spin on acceleration!!! Puts me plum last 8 secs adrift 😬

I rallied back to finish 5th and took 2 places on the last 2 corners, epic!

Reminds me of hot lapping monza when I started sim racing on pc back on project cars and assetto corsa

Had a go at Monza today in my last used Gr.1 car. I am 100% honest when I say it was the R18. I didn't set a qualifying time, and started from the back in every race. Here are my results:

10th 18:16 1:35.3
6th 18:10 1:34.3
1st 17:58 1:34.5
5th 18:13 1:35.5
2nd 17:55 1:35.0

Take a guess which races saw me getting pinballed about by clowns! The win was fun. I just got lucky and managed to avoid pretty much everything, while the Portuguese guy I ended up fighting with for the last 3/4 laps had the exact opposite experience. Close finish though

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_.jpeg

My SR has ended up mid-B. It's a shambles. Also this picture isn't any good but I couldn't resist using Jimmy's old iRacing livery.

Feeling exactly the same about Fuji sector 3. As somebody stated above, it just always feels wrong, no matter how you do those corners. It is absolutely my least liked sector of tracks I know. But I guess it just means we need to drive it 1000 times more and we will hopefully get to a point where it does not feel so yucky.🤷🏼‍♂️
Well, the least I have to drive at Fuji, the better. So I may have to take my chances at Deep Forest and Monza this week. We'll see how it goes and how motivated I feel to tackle Fuji too.

I did at least 50 qt laps in Monza last night and in often i got a penalty in the 2nd chicane. can’nt find the correct line and the track limits there. In one of the good lap’s I managed a 1.34.0xx on my second account but couldn't repeat it on the practice account.

Back