GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,563 comments
I must admit that I underestimated the amount of fun I can get from Daily Race A because in the four sessions I did for Race A, they were all fun. Combine that with it being a no DR gain race, it allowed me to try out the other loaner cars.

First session - Clocked in a time of 2:09.4 which allowed me to be on pole for the first race. I chose the Lexus LFA and man in my first outing it was a close finish at the end.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240930162940.png

Second session - Didn't improve my time but I was still on pole position for the second session. I chose the XJ220 next and at first it was a 90s supercar duel between me and the Aussie F40 driver.

But after he served that 2 sec penalty, it was over but still I'll gladly take the win with the XJ220.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240930164959.png

Third session - Chose the 997 GT3 next for this race. Got a good start and I noticed how nice the car handles on those corners but it requires less braking to make it work. Other than that its a nice counter to the F40 meta.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240930170928.png

Last session - Went with the SLR McLaren and this was the hard difficulty car of the set but its still possible to win races with it and it handles the technical parts of Tokyo well.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240930172930.png

Overall a fun Daily Race for the week. Also same with what @GOTMAXPOWER said I might also stick around on this particular Daily until the end of the week.

Race from the back at Tokyo and hardcore qualifying for Daytona until I'm well and truly ready is the recipe for this week, I think.

Weirdly, the Daily Races are syncing up with my replay viewing habits. Last week I was watching myself racing the R34 around Watkins Glen from months ago, and now there's Daytona Road Course event whilst I'm busy rewatching the races in which i participated there using the Mazda MX-5 Touring Car, which was FUN!

I know that SOME people don't like fuel saving races, because it required patience and setting a deliberate pace. But, the reaction by PD to NEVER EVER EVER have these races again is a bit extreme.

Why not just dump the pit stops altogether? A required stop and required change throws pit strategy out the window, so why not just abandon it altogether? I get that it's a slight variable, but I'd rather just race than be forced into the same strategy as everyone else.
Last time Daytona RC was on the docket, PD had it perfect IMO. The Peugeot VGT and Ford GT LM II were the METAs. One stop was required. The cool part is, both the META cars are (were anyway) bad on gas. The VGT needed to re-fuel for sure; the Ford would only need to if you were driving flat out.

It was one of those races you almost want to be in P2 because it you play it smart, you can do the mandatory stop and not require fuel (in the Ford anyway). I had a couple races where I just tucked my car in P2 and stayed there, short-shifting while using the drat, bump drafting, not attacking, ect. so I could save fuel. It all came to fruition when we pit and the leader needed to splash-and-dash and I was able to just do the stop-and-go. Made the "pass" for P1 in the pits and brought it home from there. It was super exciting.

While I admit I am not a fan of the more extreme fuel saving races, if done properly they can be pretty good.

Daytona chikane: pLS hALp!

I have done perhaps an hour of QT (following a fast ghost) and three races. I still have absolutely no idea how to take the chikane without either driving like a grandma or making it nice, clean and fast, but of course getting the 0.5sec penalty.
Could somebody perhaps put some words to this or maybe even do a simple and clear drawing? 🙏🏼
Clearly there is something I don´t get.
Thanks!
Ok, I realised that I could just use the curcuit experience sector 3. Now it does not seem so mysterious anymore.

Yeah, the Oval is boring, the Road Course has a lot more turns and variety. It least it gives people fun and enjoyment while driving on the track. I'm focusing on Race B this week because of the 600% money increase. That will help a lot of people.
I read quite frequently about credit issues in gt. Is there a place where one can buy drugs and stuff or smthg. I have 18million and I already have 4 Genesis g70's. Sure I could buy classic ferraris I will never use, but what for?

Where I'm at it. Do they think it's funny to reward us nearly always with the worst that is on display? I'm talking about this cards you receive for finishing your daily training. I mostly collect till I have 20 and get them all at once. It always was around 16 of 20 rounds, I get the worst or 2nd worst on display.(Worst for me is those car parts - n exhaust for a car I don't even own). And when I have a 6star ticket and "win" an invitation to buy a Porsche carrera gt for 1million? Does it make anyone happy? I feel like they are spitting in my face there. 🤐

What a weird post.
Is there a place where one can buy drugs and stuff or smthg.
Such an odd thing to say.
I have 18million and I already have 4 Genesis g70's. Sure I could buy classic ferraris I will never use, but what for?
Try using them? Drive them, tune them, make liveries for them, take photos of them...
Where I'm at it. Do they think it's funny to reward us nearly always with the worst that is on display? I'm talking about this cards you receive for finishing your daily training. I mostly collect till I have 20 and get them all at once. It always was around 16 of 20 rounds, I get the worst or 2nd worst on display.(Worst for me is those car parts - n exhaust for a car I don't even own).
"Worst" is subjective, but the ticket outcomes are known. Credit rewards are by far the most common, and the most common rewards are the lower credit values:

1 Star - 2,000cr (40%), 5,000cr (27%)
2 Star - 5,000cr (40%), 10,000cr (35%)
3 Star - 5,000cr (40%), 10,000cr (35%)
4 Star - 10,000cr (28%), 30,000cr (20%)
5 Star - 100,000cr (36%), 500,000cr (13%)
6 Star - 500,000cr (40%), 1,000,000cr (20%)

And when I have a 6star ticket and "win" an invitation to buy a Porsche carrera gt for 1million?
This cannot happen as you cannot get a Brand Invitation from a six-star ticket.

And no part of this has anything to do with the Daily Races.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this or not, but not only haven't we ever raced "Tokyo Express East Counterclockwise" before in daily races, but AFAIK we also haven't raced "Catalunya National" either. Admittedly it's just a truncated version "Catalunya GP", but still, it's new-ish.

What is PD thinking? Are they suddenly realizing there's other tracks out there that could be used for daily races? Did they wake up one day and say "Hey! Why don't we make more use the other tracks? I wonder why nobody ever thought of this before?"

All kidding aside, thanks PD for something different. (Not that they'd ever read this, but I'll throw it out into the universe anyway.)
nice to hear from you.
I think pd may have taken note of tidgney's statement in a video or reacted to the list of most used/unused tracks. (if evry one is interested: . statement begin 12:30)

I think it's good when people like @Tidgney point this out every now and then, maybe something will change. If we normal people do it, nobody will probably react.

This weeks guide is now live! Fantastic to see new tracks enter into the daily race combinations!

nice to hear from you.
I think pd may have taken note of tidgney's statement in a video or reacted to the list of most used/unused tracks. (if evry one is interested: . statement begin 12:30)

I think it's good when people like @Tidgney point this out every now and then, maybe something will change. If we normal people do it, nobody will probably react.

Ye not sure whether they watched it or not, but the fact we got 2 new tracks into the combinations is great to see aswell as bringing back an old favourite! In any video where I put criticism across it's not me hating on Gran Turismo it's me wanting to push for more to improve the experience for everyone. Although don't get me wrong I don't speak for everyone but it's my belief of what may improve it is the why I do it

This week I have learned a lot. A. Lot.

I have raced at Bathearst a lot more than I have ever raced a track in a week. I have gone from low B to very low A - first time ever in A, and my QT is currently 2:02.9. (As a "bonus experience" I was in a lobby with Tidgney as my sixth A race. 😲😁).
And I have been bumb-drafting people a lot, which I have never really done before. The whole week has been totally non-aggressive, and it has paid off.

Because I did so many laps in the same car (the Supra), I was able to analyse in detail some TC behaviour: It has been on my mind for a while, that IF all your input (with TC on) is EXACTLY the same as a fast car (in this case the fastest Supra ghost) then the time loss will be minimal if any (I have seen others ask this question as well).
Now this "might" still be the case in a completely flat (meaning no curbs or bumps) corner, but using Bathearst T1, I can conclude that TC is definitely slowing you, as the optimal line hits the exit curb (and likely also the inner curb at the apex.
What happens is, even if you are not overdriving in any way, but doing exactly the same as the car with no TC, the moment you hit the exit curb, TC will interpret this as a potential upset, and there will be a VERY minimal adjustment (this was at TC2). The adjustment is so small, that you can not hear it nor see it on the display. But the ghost will pull away every single time. Changing to TC1 made it possible to keep pace with the ghost on the straight. I will assume that TC1 would have kicked in, if the curb there was a tiny bit more of an upset.
Practicing running a few laps with TC1 made me improve my QT 3 tenths over TC2.

So now I can no longer hold on to the "safety blanket" that is TC, or at least not at 2. I will keep it at 1 (for Group 3 cars) untill it becomes obvious that that is also holding me back.
As I work on improving my technique, I keep TC off at all times. Initially I’m slower but I’m much smoother. It becomes obvious when I get too anxious and too heavy footed, I end up facing oncoming traffic.
I practiced Daytona road coarse in a GR.3 with no BoP and initially it was near impossible for me to keep a car on the track. By the time I ran my first race this morning, it seemed much easier. BoP seems like traction control, it really deadens out the responseivness.

Daytona - Yes! Supra - sigh. I;ve never been particularly good with it, but here goes....

I predict a lot of us will be about ~1M credits healthier after we all do the tokyo circuit experience. I never bothered with it because... we never used it. Looking forward to trying race A, for sure.

This weeks guide is now live! Fantastic to see new tracks enter into the daily race combinations!

Ye not sure whether they watched it or not, but the fact we got 2 new tracks into the combinations is great to see aswell as bringing back an old favourite! In any video where I put criticism across it's not me hating on Gran Turismo it's me wanting to push for more to improve the experience for everyone. Although don't get me wrong I don't speak for everyone but it's my belief of what may improve it is the why I do it

I do think they listen when people like yourself make these kinds of observations.

I don't think it was coincidence either that the 40 minute Nords weather race a couple of months back was immediately after the 7 minute Eiger RA272 daily C 95% of people complained about.

I think it's the habit of turn 1. I know I blew right past the braking zone on my first outing.
The amount of times I did 140-0 in .00000001s in practice 🤣

I think the uphill essess are problematic as well because the fast line looks like you've run wide on turn in

Edit:

How is this a quality AAA online experience.

Every lap after this that car was there just glitching about. And apparently he won the race...

Gran Turismo 7 a "AAA" onlie experience...start glitch

Last edited:

Tidge, I think the fact that the Catalunya National Layout was one of the circuits specifically mentioned in the final part of your video points to the notion that they do indeed make a difference. No coincidence.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this or not, but not only haven't we ever raced "Tokyo Express East Counterclockwise" before in daily races, but AFAIK we also haven't raced "Catalunya National" either. Admittedly it's just a truncated version "Catalunya GP", but still, it's new-ish.

What is PD thinking? Are they suddenly realizing there's other tracks out there that could be used for daily races? Did they wake up one day and say "Hey! Why don't we make more use the other tracks? I wonder why nobody ever thought of this before?"

All kidding aside, thanks PD for something different. (Not that they'd ever read this, but I'll throw it out into the universe anyway.)
How do you know he haven't had a layout in Tokyo and Barcelona like that? Did you use Grantracker to keep status of all the daily races that PD has presented us over the past 2 and a half years? I know we had the "No Chicane" version a few times and maybe the other layout, (not the rally one). Anyways I got a QT of 2'16.780 using the Ferrari F40 '92 car. I like the selected variety of cars PD provides for us in these events.

DRC will hopefully be a breeze and will be lots of fun this week.

Last edited:
Daily Races, usually not something I do care about, but today morning after I woke up and fired up my Ps5 I was kind of intrigued.
I saw Daytona RC with GT3 Machinery, should I, shouldn't I... Ahh screw it let's give it a go.
Did a quick Qualifying Session within a few minutes before the race and there we are.
Nice a supra 1 make haha, OK I'm in the genesis x and well let's see what happens.
I must admit, It was great fun.
Did about 6 Races in Total and each one was very respectful and clean racing... Is this really GT7 I'm playing?!
So yeah I got my itch and after 3 hours I happily called it a day and left for work with a quite pleasant experience.
Good racing.
Great Sportsmanship.
Shout out to @Tidgney 😅
Last time I saw you on track actually was back in the GTS days.
Enjoy the racing guys and wish you all a good week of daily racing.
This one definitely earned my PirovacBoy approval badge 😁

Race A seems like a good one this week. Just managed second in the F40, could've got first or at least drove to the line but naturally a barrier penalty stopped it. Witnessed the bowling at turn 1.

Race C, at Daytona is a good one.
Looking at the leaderboard, you may think you need to drive the Supra to be competitive, but it isn't true.
I've only tried a few cars, but I can tell you that the Huracan and the Viper can eat it up on acceleration, and win the infield section.
I also saw the Peugeot VGT and the AMG do very well in the race. 👍

So I hope that @Tidgney will mention St. Croix a lot from now on. I know that he likes the pronounciation a lot.🤭
On of my first online races (last december or january this year, can't remember) in GT7 was St Croix in Group 3. Wouldn't mind more of it 😄

Tried Daily Race C on my alt and was surprised how much fun it is and how well I did there with the wheel. Tried the Beetle first (I don't why but I love this car) but I spun every lap at the exit of turn 3.. Switched to the Supra and it feels so much better.. The FFB in the Supra is crazy though.. Had to turn it down to 7 🫣

Back