GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,587 comments
That sucks, I wonder how long it will take for them to fix the servers. I hope it's not 1-2 days. I wish I had done more races over the weekend when it was working strong, but I had to take care of me and my mom, family comes first. Ugh, and I read this on this strange website.

1727756729908.png

Last edited:
Well, I'll give it a try later on tonight. Good luck with the tracks this week guys, it seems like it's gonna be a fun and enjoyable week. Especially Race A.

Servers were totally broken last night.

1727790210488.png

I did 2 races (Daily C) without disconections on my side but I saw people kicked off the lobby more than usual.
On the last race there was 7 players finishing the race :boggled:

Due to the aforementioned outages, I was only able to do two Daily Race A sessions for today.

First session - Went with the Mazda RX-7 on this run and it was a fun one as I had to deal with a Jaguar XJ220 and Honda NSX during the race.

Was able to win this race but those two definitely gave me a scare.

Gran Turismo® 7_20241001164936.png

Second session - Went with the NSX next. The F40 gave me a challenge and it was one of those races where I had to outsmart my nearest rival by being in the draft on the last lap and it worked out at the end.

Gran Turismo® 7_20241001180955.png

Is there some trick to driving through the pit lane at daytona? At several occasions my pit time seemed much longer than my competitors, even though I don't change tyres or take fuel. My total 'drive through' pit time is about 32-33 seconds.

Example 1: Leader is 24 seconds ahead of me (P3), and 19 seconds ahead of P2. It was lap 9 and he had to pit. So I thought this would be an easy P2 for me. Not so much, he even got out ahead of P2..

Example 2: I pit from P14. The cars on P15 and P16 are multiple seconds behind me and also dive into the pits. Again I don't take tyres or anything, but when I come out I am dead last 3-4 seconds behind P15. What am I missing here? I click on the no tyres and nu fuel buttons as fast as I can.

Is there some trick to driving through the pit lane at daytona? At several occasions my pit time seemed much longer than my competitors, even though I don't change tyres or take fuel. My total 'drive through' pit time is about 32-33 seconds.

Example 1: Leader is 24 seconds ahead of me (P3), and 19 seconds ahead of P2. It was lap 9 and he had to pit. So I thought this would be an easy P2 for me. Not so much, he even got out ahead of P2..

Example 2: I pit from P14. The cars on P15 and P16 are multiple seconds behind me and also dive into the pits. Again I don't take tyres or anything, but when I come out I am dead last 3-4 seconds behind P15. What am I missing here? I click on the no tyres and nu fuel buttons as fast as I can.
Are you swinging into the pit lane from the track at the last possible moment, or running along the apron for a while?

Are you lifting on the pit entry?
I reckon that the speed on the entry affects the whole trajectory through boxes.
Maybe theres some sort of calculation that takes the entry speed into the equation.

For example, this week in Daytona you dont need to change tyres or refuel.
If you enter boxes close enough of someone gaining speed with slipstream you will surely go out ahead of him or some times ghosted inside of him.

Edit: grammar

Last edited:
When practicing the Daytona pit entry yesterday, I noticed a couple of times as the AI took over control it steered the car to the right, bouncing off an invisible wall on the edge of the pit lane. I imagine that could slow down your pit stop a bit.

Just got round to doing some laps of A and wow I'd forgotten just how nice the tuned porker was.

Managed to set an early time in the top 500 and one of only 10 911s in the top 500.

Did I say how much I love the handling of the Porsche 🤗

IMG_1253.jpeg

Edit:

As is typical 🤦‍♂️ I post a pic of a time do "one more lap" and take 3/10s off of it

IMG_1254.jpeg

Edit 2:

Went over to my main account and improved a fraction more on the first lap

IMG_1255.jpeg

I can definitely get in to the 2:08s with the Porsche. Did I say I love the way this car handles!!! 😝

Edit 4:

I was determined to prove to myself a 2:08 with my hamfisted scruff of the neck style was doable in the porker

And that's me done

IMG_1256.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1255.jpeg
    IMG_1255.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thinking of tyre wear factors, I began the week opting for the Alfa Romeo for Race C, sitting on a quali time of 1.45.9xx (using the Supra). There's no doubt in my mind, as the leaderboards clearly display, that the Toyota is the best car for the job here. I naively thought that I could eke out some kind of advantage during the race by benefiting later in the contest, obviously I was very wrong.

No matter how much time you can make up on the infield, the Supras always catch you, or at least maintain their lead as they stretch their legs around the oval. After some quite frankly awful experiences in the 4C, I finally swallowed the meta-pill and chose the Toyota. Luckily I quite enjoy driving this car, and this combo is proving to be addictive as hell.

There were a couple of glitched race starts, but today brought some really rewarding races. Working my SR back up after getting bullied around when driving the posers car, finally I was in a place where I had pace AND crucially, my opponents were cooperative in moving up the grid (not interested in overtaking at the entrance to the bus stop, for example!).

What I don't understand is this...
Why didn't they just make this a one-make race from the off? It wouldn't have to be the Supra necessarily, but hopefully they realised before the Dailies started that there would emerge a clear meta car, and as such we could have had a limited-tuning contest instead. I remember in GTS they had a Group 4 Huracán race around Monza, and it was fine.

I think it would be more interesting, anyway.

Just got round to doing some laps of A and wow I'd forgotten just how nice the tuned porker was.

Managed to set an early time in the top 500 and one of only 10 911s in the top 500.

Did I say how much I love the handling of the Porsche 🤗

View attachment 1393618

Edit:

As is typical 🤦‍♂️ I post a pic of a time do "one more lap" and take 3/10s off of it

View attachment 1393619

Edit 2:

Went over to my main account and improved a fraction more on the first lap

View attachment 1393621

I can definitely get in to the 2:08s with the Porsche. Did I say I love the way this car handles!!! 😝

Edit 4:

I was determined to prove to myself a 2:08 with my hamfisted scruff of the neck style was doable in the porker

And that's me done

View attachment 1393630
Hope to see you on track, man! With the right people, this one’s pretty good, albeit short (I’m fine with short but I know many aren’t). I do miss some night time settings though... We’re in Tokyo, come on, man! :D

Not a lot of people will find this interesting or useful but here is my lap in the porsche.

Clearly you can go a lot faster in it but I think I put in a good showing for a non alien with it and very much off meta.

@NAXEHT would be awesome to race mate, I probably won't do many As this week but hopefully we can find the same lobby when I do 👍

Watch the replay back and compare the entry speeds and exit speeds
I always forget this. When I experience it again I'll try to save and share what I mean.
When practicing the Daytona pit entry yesterday, I noticed a couple of times as the AI took over control it steered the car to the right, bouncing off an invisible wall on the edge of the pit lane. I imagine that could slow down your pit stop a bit.
Had this too when practising, so I made sure that it didn't happen during a race.

Just a strange experience to drive 23-24 seconds behind someone for several laps, and after his pitstop I'm still 6 seconds behind. The pit animation takes about that time for the car to come to a halt.

Apart from this some nice racing. Had a lot of difficulty with the bus stop. Once I understood it a little better, I kept finishing in the top 8. One podium finish. Could be 2 podium finishes but I tapped someone who overtook me and braked brutally, so I waited for him to recover to be sure and not be an asshole.

Last edited:
Back