GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,625 comments
Catalunya:
What. Is. Wrong. With. People?
Nine out of ten races has been absolute purified horror. I am so done. No thanks. Nope. Nope. Nope.

(Sorry, I just had to vent.)
I’ve only had one race so far, managed a mid 1.15 so I’ll guess that’ll start me mid pack, I hit the time a second before my race started so it didn’t register.

It seems like last of the late breakers into T1 but I reckon you can go deep and wide, I started 13th yesterday, at one point was up to 5th whilst the carnage unfolded. Dropped back to 10th only watch some pair of clowns go at it and take themselves out on the last bends to claim 8th.

I guess when I’m on the wrong end of all that your post will be my post! 😁

But there’s some good racing to be had if you keep head down 👍

As I’ve stated earlier in the week, I’ve done a few things to improve my times, initially, this week at Daytona.

1. I began practicing Daytona 3 days early
  2. I’ve changed my approach to corner entry/ exit
  3. No Traction control.
1 and 2 were huge successes (high C/ low B), my QT placed me in the top 3 and, at times I’ve had pole.

3: Well, I feel great with no traction control and it was the key factor in getting high qualifying times and leading a vast number of laps.
In pretty much every race, which required 140 corners, I successfully completed 139 of them. Either turn 5 or turn 6 however in EVERY race with no TC sent me from 1st to 6th ish place every time, usually after lap 5.

I finally gave up and raced the last 3 with TC at 3. No mistakes and a 2nd place finish, it just feels much slower.

Last edited:
Hello it’s been a while.

Haven’t done a race yet but I ventured into daily A as I’ve never done that track before. I’ve got to say the combo is fun!

I decided to try every car. I got my non ghost QTs into the high 2.09s with the Diablo just a bit quicker than the XJ220. I didn’t enjoy the F40 and it looked like that might be becoming a meta, so I loaded up the XJ220, pulled out a ghost, chased that and got a top 500 time😁.

IMG_8643.jpeg

Now to try a race or two and hopefully remember not to put it into a wall…

Last edited:
7 Daytonas done in the Corvette, and 6 wins from 5 poles. The only race I haven't won so far was the first one I did when I didn't get even 5 minutes of practice and hadn't set a qualifying time. In my 6th race, only 1 of the Top 5 finishers was a Supra - and they finished 5th behind me, an F1, a Porsche, and another Corvette.

My first race had me in P3 to my surprise. I botch the entry to the bus stop on lap 1 and cause a mess. I'm then deliberately rammed for no reason and I fall to dead last. I pit on the end of lap 2 and treat this race as a practice session. Well, somehow I finish P7 even with a few off track penalties. I'm shocked I finished where I did.

My second and final race has me in P2 this time. And once again I make a mess of the bus stop. So I fall to P16 again and hope for the best. I get an off track penalty at the end of lap 2 and duck into the pits as Tidgney did in the weekly race guide. Just by keeping it on track I get to P3 on the final lap, but have a spin in the first hairpin and fall to P4 where I finish. I think I can win one of these if I didn't mess up each time on the opening lap.
Maybe it's because it's a slightly longer race (as daily C often is), and it was early in the week. I got rammed of in 2 or 3 different races, ended up P16, 5 seconds or so behind P15. Still managed P7 - P10 finishes, while not coming into a good race rhythm at all. Other people must be making even more of a mess of their races..

Last edited:
Chipping time at Tokyo venue from 2:11.8xx to 2:10.1xx with the Lambo (soundwise it's my preferred) and I find myself inside the top 1000... with a pad. Can't wait to get back a wheel asap.

Not a lot of people will find this interesting or useful but here is my lap in the porsche.

Clearly you can go a lot faster in it but I think I put in a good showing for a non alien with it and very much off meta.

@NAXEHT would be awesome to race mate, I probably won't do many As this week but hopefully we can find the same lobby when I do 👍

Actually, I do find it interesting. I tried the Porsche yesterday, and yes, it's more fun to drive than the F40. That comes with a price, though: it tries to kill me in the chicane. But when I get through there smoothly, it's a great ride.

Still half a second slower than my F40 time, so I'll try to learn a bit from your video.

I’ve only had one race so far, managed a mid 1.15 so I’ll guess that’ll start me mid pack, I hit the time a second before my race started so it didn’t register.

It seems like last of the late breakers into T1 but I reckon you can go deep and wide, I started 13th yesterday, at one point was up to 5th whilst the carnage unfolded. Dropped back to 10th only watch some pair of clowns go at it and take themselves out on the last bends to claim 8th.

I guess when I’m on the wrong end of all that your post will be my post! 😁

But there’s some good racing to be had if you keep head down 👍
Here's some tips. for T1, use more brakes than gear changes to slow down in order to stay tight. for T2 and T4, you might be able to get by with a lift and no brakes. For t4, I start the turn in 4th and then grab 3rd to sweep through. For the last chicane, try to get the turtles to go under the center of the car. I'm using the Lamborghini with +3 brakes.

Get to the mid/high 1:14's and you should start at or near the front.

I'm one of the lucky few that's having a great week. More wins. 1 last night, 1 this morning. :gtpflag:

0d1fadc61cd1f4794fcf002b4e673716_photo.webp

75df0446a1d212fe294e5decacfe8363_photo.webp

Last edited:
If memory serves me correctly I think that particular race was pretty messy. Anyway, I’m sure we’ll meet again. And Barney!
Now I met you again sooner than I thought. We overtook the other Lambo together (you on the right, me on the left). Unfortunately I forgot to save the replay, it would have been a good photo. It was a good race. See you next time

I found the Porsche very understeery in the chicane but looking at your video I completely forgot that brake balance was a thing in this race. I'd been running all my laps with BB at 0.
I also put the in game FFB strength to 9 for it.

It gives you a lot more resistance so you can feel the weight moving a bit more and ride the drifts a little more smoothly.

Had a go at Daytona few times, no qualifying. Used the Ford GT... the Test Car one. Times:

7th 1:46.9 18:36
6th 1:46.9 18:26
4th 1:47.0 18:29
9th 1:46.9 18:19

I changed tyres on lap 5 in the first race, the other three I pitted lap 1 and didn't change. A few observations:

• I think I saw one Corvette total. Supras everywhere, and the speed difference for all of the oval you run on was hilarious.
  • You can tell based on that list when my DR and SR started going up (I'm almost at DR A and my SR is back to max)
  • I think people started getting the same idea as me, starting at the back and pitting lap 1 to avoid traffic. By my 5th race I started 11th because there were so many of us.

If you're wondering where the 5th time is on that list, I was the victim in a sandwich at the chicane on lap 1:

Daytona Road Course__1.jpeg

I was furious about it at the time but the Supra behind me really only nudged me as I was slower than normal behind the Peugeot. That Supra ended up winning this race easily, with every lap a 1:45.9. Still, I had fun up until that point.

Here's some tips. for T1, use more brakes than gear changes to slow down in order to stay tight. for T2 and T4, you might be able to get by with a lift and no brakes. For t4, I start the turn in 4th and then grab 3rd to sweep through. For the last chicane, try to get the turtles to go under the center of the car. I'm using the Lamborghini with +3 brakes.

Get to the mid/high 1:14's and you should start at or near the front.

I'm one of the lucky few that's having a great week. More wins. 1 last night, 1 this morning. :gtpflag:

0d1fadc61cd1f4794fcf002b4e673716_photo.webp

75df0446a1d212fe294e5decacfe8363_photo.webp
Thanks the tips! I’m down to 1.15.4xx and managed some races at 4am this morning although they were against A+ and A drivers so won’t do that again at that time 😁

Last edited:
I'm going to say it, why can't there be a version of this for every track, or even every event in the game? I've said before that I think the game needs a broader, more curated multiplayer version. By adding 1 or more events, like this, to the single player, it makes those events more valuable.

Don't tell me about participation because greater multiplayer participation is the way all games are going. Tim Sweeney spoke about it recently.

In fact, THIS would be a great way to drive car collecting. Imagine if you had to go and get one of the cars available in order to use it, even if PD sets the balance on the car. Let's face it, this rental thing was a reaction to bad economy design and greed trying to drive people toward buying credits.

90d0e48371674671a978048b258c9f03_photo.webp

Hire me ffs, I'll do it. I used to be pretty good at game design ;)

game of the year.png

Last edited:
I could not agree more, of all the talk of this game being a nod to the heritage of GT this race epitomises that.

Classic street esque circuit ✅

Tuned road cars we would actually tune and use historically (RUF not Porsche then) ✅

Race format designed for fun ✅

This is what GT was in the 1-4 years, a game based around improving a car and racing it. Now we have that but with human opponents and they tune them is like THANK YOU!

It's fresh yet nostalgic, close but fun, it's fast and furious but also a true cross over to the tuning and track day scene.

It's not a meme race on a meme circuit, although I loved the weather version in the nations/manu season last time.

Just a damn good thought out race setup.

Nice spot for a picknick.
I mean when I eventually stopped, it was lovely till some dude came over with a clipboard and told me I couldn't park there.

My wife went nuts, we stayed and enjoyed the rocket launch and then it was time to head home, which took 17 spins and a very slow drive.

Rate it 10/10 for views.....safety 1/10 and the staff were utter muppets.

🤣

First time this week I have turned on the ps5. Decided to chance Race C. First attempt with no QT was a disaster, rage quit. Did QT at 1:45.4 which started me 2nd. Pitted at the end of lap 1 and just did the best I could to mind my tyres. Got over the line in P1 just!!! Great race 👍

Edit: It's a real shame the Supra is so dominant. Just did a race in the Viper and it was lovely to drive, much nicer than the Supra but nearly 1 second a lap slower 😪😳

Attachments

• 20241002_202040.jpg
    20241002_202040.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20241002_202131.jpg
    20241002_202131.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
This is what (I believe) we all want. Balanced racing. From left to right, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place. I had the Lexus. The gap was 0.013 between us and I believe it was 0.2+ to 3rd.

No meta car. I know the devs can't force people into a car (cough cough shuffle race cough cough) but balance is a good thing.
5a8b1455e6c9538ccbd34b21bc55e1d5_photo.webp

This is what (I believe) we all want. Balanced racing. From left to right, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place. I had the Lexus. The gap was 0.013 between us and I believe it was 0.2+ to 3rd.

No meta car. I know the devs can't force people into a car (cough cough shuffle race cough cough) but balance is a good thing.
5a8b1455e6c9538ccbd34b21bc55e1d5_photo.webp
Weird there is no Porsches? Your game must be broken 🤣

Back