GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,643 comments
I encourage lowered skilled drivers to practice as much as you can to get a good ranking on the tracks. That's my usual method for the daily racing. My first two races at Barcelona were aggressive some, and on the last lap on the final chicane, my right tires went off the track limit which gave me a penalty and I couldn't get rid of it because I crossed the finish line a few seconds after the penalty occurred. So there was nothing I could do but sigh and just roll with the flow. But I hate it when I make mistakes like that, I wasn't paying attention either, I was focused on watching my back from some of those crazy drivers.

Speaking of crazy drivers from the back, here's one of my tips to newbies. Know when the jig is up. A lot of people get into crashes because they screw up a corner and don't want to give up the position to someone approaching from the back.

Don't do that, give the car the room to go through, fight to live another day and get behind the slipstream and plan how you're getting back past.

Speaking of crazy drivers from the back, here's one of my tips to newbies. Know when the jig is up. A lot of people get into crashes because they screw up a corner and don't want to give up the position to someone approaching from the back.

Don't do that, give the car the room to go through, fight to live another day and get behind the slipstream and plan how you're getting back past.

This.

I don't think people realise how little time you actually lose when yielding for safety as opposed to making contact and/or missing your mark.

Also, I think there is usually (a desperate) assumption that the faster opponent will drive perfectly and there'll be no other chances to pass them, forgetting that a little bit of pressure can often force a mistake. If the car in front drives a perfect race, then so be it. They deserve the place.

The best types of races typically fall in to 3 experiences

1. You run away flag to flag with no incidences

2. You are gifted places through others mistakes

3. You actually race and that means trading places, being passed or passing but all cleanly and sometimes you even snatch it on the line

It's sometimes easy to both forget we are all humans that make mistakes, poor judgment and clumsy and sometimes malicious rightly or wrongly.

Especially on a straight line. It makes no sense and "zig-zaging" is also forbidden by official FIA rules, just to say,

There should be a red flag meaning that there are dirty drivers causing trouble, and when the flag shows up they immediately get disqualified out of the race. I'm not saying PD should rush on this but it would be a good plan to keep the races more polite, smooth and cleaner. And the game would get more positive reviews.

There should be a red flag meaning that there are dirty drivers causing trouble, and when the flag shows up they immediately get disqualified out of the race. I'm not saying PD should rush on this but it would be a good plan to keep the races more polite, smooth and cleaner. And the game would get more positive reviews.
If they accumulated multiple penalties, it would effectively be the same thing. There used to be 10 second penalties, and it effectively took that player out of the race.

The question is, how should the game code determine if someone is "dirty" or it's a racing incident? As in, what is materially different between the two that could be determined through the game code?

If they accumulated multiple penalties, it would effectively be the same thing. There used to be 10 second penalties, and it effectively took that player out of the race.

The question is, how should the game code determine if someone is "dirty" or it's a racing incident? As in, what is materially different between the two that could be determined through the game code?
Hmmm, I didn't even think about those factors. Well maybe that's not the right move then. I guess I'll just have to deal with the penalty system as it is. PD did step up their game a few months ago about setting stricter penalties for each race set.

And if it didn't it wouldn't deter people. I'd go as far as to suggest in would further encourage certain types of players to drive even worse.
Yes, I get the point of having a server that run just 4 racers if everybody else retire from the race (huge costs for Sony), so the only way is to "punish" retirements, ok. Still, I personally don't see enough "policing" on the "rekless driving". FI: if I'm sent "on the wall" or outside the track from a "gentleman", the algorithm should be able to "understand" that it wasn't my fault or my driving that lead me outside the track so I shouldn't be punished.
Also, I'd like to see (as deterrent) the exact same policing that there is in the missions room. I mean, just a lil touch during overtake gives penalties, love it. Maybe is lil too harsh, compared also to bots aggressive driving style, but I'll be also fine with a good compromise based on the mission room policy rather than the lawless situation it seems to be ongoing.

I was already demoted from DR C to DR D twice since the weekend because of my multiples retirements. Demoted also from DS S to DS B. Eventually I don't really care. It's a matter of principle, I don't race with people with "very low level of respect and sportsmanship for others" (euphemistically speaking). I start to believe that there's some catch in the system of penalties. Hit and sent in a huge spun in Tokyo from a psico, I ended with 4.5 sec penalty?!? And the system read the retirement as way more serious than the psico's move? Something is really wrong here.
The trick is to find a good online racing club that hosts lobbies at times that work for you. There are quite a few out there worth joining.

Easy, physic and telemetry help a lot, the algorithm can "read" and easily know where's your braking point for all turns, the normal speeed at wich you approach a deteminate corner, angle of steering, "load" on brakes and trottle, gear in use , ecc.
In any impact, knowing the mass of the objects and theyr speed, it can be calculated how many G are generated and who's at fault.
Then it is a matter of "fair" penalties, wich will never have everybody in agreement, but at least avoid the punishments toward innocent drivers. I'm also for introducing ban of troll drivers (i've already expirienced a certain number of those) like (fi) those who chase you honking like there's no tomorrow (thinking that it can lead you to make a driving mistake, not my case anyway I think it is just annoing).

Easy, physic and telemetry help a lot, the algorithm can "read" and easily know where's your braking point for all turns, the normal speeed at wich you approach a deteminate corner, angle of steering, "load" on brakes and trottle, gear in use , ecc.
In any impact, knowing the mass of the objects and theyr speed, it can be calculated how many G are generated and who's at fault.
Then it is a matter of "fair" penalties, wich will never have everybody in agreement, but at least avoid the punishments toward innocent drivers. I'm also for introducing ban of troll drivers (i've already expirienced a certain number of those) like (fi) those who chase you honking like there's no tomorrow (thinking that it can lead you to make a driving mistake, not my case anyway I think it is just annoing).
I wouldn't say it's impossible, but if it were 'easy' it would have been implemented already. I have no doubt an algorithm could make an accurate determination of fault and apply an appropriate penalty, after the fact, but doing that in real time, for multiple cars in multiple races, simultaneously, is long way off.

Latest Posts

Back