GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,634 comments
I encourage lowered skilled drivers to practice as much as you can to get a good ranking on the tracks. That's my usual method for the daily racing. My first two races at Barcelona were aggressive some, and on the last lap on the final chicane, my right tires went off the track limit which gave me a penalty and I couldn't get rid of it because I crossed the finish line a few seconds after the penalty occurred. So there was nothing I could do but sigh and just roll with the flow. But I hate it when I make mistakes like that, I wasn't paying attention either, I was focused on watching my back from some of those crazy drivers.

Speaking of crazy drivers from the back, here's one of my tips to newbies. Know when the jig is up. A lot of people get into crashes because they screw up a corner and don't want to give up the position to someone approaching from the back.

Don't do that, give the car the room to go through, fight to live another day and get behind the slipstream and plan how you're getting back past.

Speaking of crazy drivers from the back, here's one of my tips to newbies. Know when the jig is up. A lot of people get into crashes because they screw up a corner and don't want to give up the position to someone approaching from the back.

Don't do that, give the car the room to go through, fight to live another day and get behind the slipstream and plan how you're getting back past.

This.

I don't think people realise how little time you actually lose when yielding for safety as opposed to making contact and/or missing your mark.

Also, I think there is usually (a desperate) assumption that the faster opponent will drive perfectly and there'll be no other chances to pass them, forgetting that a little bit of pressure can often force a mistake. If the car in front drives a perfect race, then so be it. They deserve the place.

The best types of races typically fall in to 3 experiences

1. You run away flag to flag with no incidences

2. You are gifted places through others mistakes

3. You actually race and that means trading places, being passed or passing but all cleanly and sometimes you even snatch it on the line

It's sometimes easy to both forget we are all humans that make mistakes, poor judgment and clumsy and sometimes malicious rightly or wrongly.

Especially on a straight line. It makes no sense and "zig-zaging" is also forbidden by official FIA rules, just to say,

Back