GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,699 comments
Hello!

Feel like it's been so long since I had time to log in and say hello.... 😖

Gearing up for the serious end of the project at work so working almost 7 days a week, 60+ hours for the past month lol and foreseeable future... Love it though I hope won't be too long till all comes to normal 😁

So in my limited time, just want to pop in, say hello and wish good luck at the races to all!

And to also ruin your day @newmedia_dev 😂❤️🥳

View attachment 1394388 View attachment 1394389

Hmmm...second gear chicane. I need to try that. I have been grabbing 1st

Which Fanatec wheel base?

If GT DD pro I went through a period of disconnects early on but resolve them all and now it has been rock solid for over a year. If it is the DD+ I have no tips and I am avoiding that as it has known issues.
DD pro,

I think it's the rear connection for the USB ultimately but what I can't understand is with restarting the wheel before a session fixes it or unplugging the wheel base.

What bugs me is there is nothing feedback wise just "it's disconnected"

I did 20 laps in a single session yesterday for the TT and no issues, faultless. Did a warm up and then every lap in an online race it had issues.

Just very odd, and not being funny I'm in the top 1000, or 500 in most of the events so it's not like I'm just blame storming to hide my ability or results.

You can’t just post about getting bitten by an otter while at work without the story. lol. The chances of that sentence and experience ever occurring is like 1 in a billion. Obviously im sorry you got hurt and you’re hopefully ok, but that has to be the best story ever!! You must have a wild job, what are the chances! I’ve seen otters, but they always go the other way. You have to tell it lol.

Once upon a time, in a galaxy far far away...

Well actually it was yesterday in Shetland. I was at work (helicopter engineering assistant) when I got a call about an Otter (I'm also a wildlife photography guide) that was underneath the inbound baggage carousel, and had been wandering around inside the airport terminal.
So I went to assist the SSPCA (wildlife rescue person who I've helped out before) and we tried to catch the Otter (male Eurasian River Otter) with a net while it was still inside the baggage carousel, but there were too many obstructions and it kept escaping out in to the terminal building.
This went on for 30 minutes until it ran underneath the check-in desks, where we tried to block it in. One chap caught it's tail while I tried to net it, but it escaped again so I grabbed it around the chest. This annoyed it greatly and it started biting both my hands - thankfully I had reasonably thick gloves on but it still penetrated through the backs of them and cut me several times until I got it bundled in to the animal carrier box.

I wanted some antisceptic wipes and a plaster til I got to A&E - so the airport firemen turned up with a fire engine on blue lights ( I was mortified) I then went to A&E for further wound cleaning and the tetanus and antibiotics.

It was an interesting day!

(Apologies for off-topic post)

Edit/ my bitey Otter friend was released in the bay next to the airport.

Last edited:

Well actually it was yesterday in Shetland. I was at work (helicopter engineering assistant) when I got a call about an Otter (I'm also a wildlife photography guide) that was underneath the inbound baggage carousel, and had been wandering around inside the airport terminal.
So I went to assist the SSPCA (wildlife rescue person who I've helped out before) and we tried to catch the Otter (male Eurasian River Otter) with a net while it was still inside the baggage carousel, but there were too many obstructions and it kept escaping out in to the terminal building. This want on for 30 minutes until it ran underneath the check-in desks, where we tried to block it in. One chap caught it's tail while I tried to net it, but it escaped again so I grabbed it around the chest. This annoyed it greatly and it started biting both my hands - thankfully I had reasonably thick gloves on but it still penetrated through the backs of them and cut me several times until I got it bundled in to the animal carrier box.

I wanted some antisceptic wipes and a plaster til I got to A&E - so the airport firemen turned up with a fire engine on blue lights ( I was mortified) I then went to A&E for further wound cleaning and the tetanus and antibiotics.

Glad the otter was ok and you are on the mend mate. Sincerely.

But get the otter to put a time in and it will get the respect I give you 🤣

All seriousness what a diverse job you have compared to my desk job!

so the airport firemen turned up with a fire engine on blue lights ( I was mortified)
This story is awesome! I mean this is Shetland. I sure not a lot happens up there in a regular day. This was probably the highlight of their day. I can just imagine, them being, "Oh, can we switch on the blue lights?" :D

For some reason I'm now thinking of this!
iu

Hope your fingers heal up!

Last edited:
Well no racing for me for a few days - while at work, I got bitten on both hands by an Otter (long story)
Sore hands, tetanus injection and a course of antibiotics. Bloody Otters - though I wasn't enjoying the racing much anyway, so not to bothered:)
So I jump back in every now and again to see how things are going, and I read this. I feel like I just entered the twilight zone.

But I guess it's all cool

1728073186195.png

In all seriousness, get better soon!

So I went to assist the SSPCA (wildlife rescue person who I've helped out before) and we tried to catch the Otter (male Eurasian River Otter) with a net while it was still inside the baggage carousel, but there were too many obstructions and it kept escaping out in to the terminal building. This want on for 30 minutes until it ran underneath the check-in desks, where we tried to block it in. One chap caught it's tail while I tried to net it, but it escaped again so I grabbed it around the chest. This annoyed it greatly and it started biting both my hands - thankfully I had reasonably thick gloves on but it still penetrated through the backs of them and cut me several times until I got it bundled in to the animal carrier box.

You're a good dude, mate. Glad it all worked out hope the otter feels bad and calls to apologize. 🥳

Back