GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 37,157 comments
Wasn’t the payoff only in race B last week? I recall noticing the +600 was present on B, but missing from the entry screen of c. Between a really busy week, and bad timing, i never got to actually race.
Last week was daily B 6x but again group 3

And it was a very very difficult race in B last week.

They are trying to drag different racers to different races. I can only say I'm not the target audience for this stuff as daily race credits aren't even something I look at, nor do a lot of the streamers etc.

As a side note, daily races aren't a credit farm and once you have a good race 5000 races ago I never looked back on credits.

I'd imagine they are throwing A and B under the bus for C/gr 3 balancing for the World Series final.

This isn't a bad thing but there are better crow bars than making awfully polarising races.

They are trying to drag different racers to different races. I can only say I'm not the target audience for this stuff as daily race credits aren't even something I look at, nor do a lot of the streamers etc.

As a side note, daily races aren't a credit farm and once you have a good race 5000 races ago I never looked back on credits.
I think this credit multiplier is not aimed at us (the regular sport mode users) because we do this races no matter how bad the payments are.
Maybe they are trying to enlarge the pool of players in sport mode making the payments more "attractive" for the single player "credit farmer"?

This will be a week I'll never forget, it's got everyone talking about how great it is, I haven't even started qualifying yet at W.G. I'll pick my own car until I don't improve like I want to and then I'll be forced to use the Bugatti. I'm debating whether I want to risk racing at the 24th track or just do what I normally do and switch between A and B with the racing. I need to make a decision cause time is marching on.

This will be a week I'll never forget, it's got everyone talking about how great it is
No Chris that is not what is happening.

The views are polarised and no one is talking on here about race wins or epic races.

It's a very tough week, deliberately so.

I will be massively surprised if daily participation is up or steady this week.

I also imagine the GTWS are going to be sparsely populated.

PD do PD but sometimes they don't get it right for us but they have an agenda.

Ok, thank you are clarifying that, well then I don't know how much I'll get done this week, I might just focus on the B races, maybe do a few Group 2(Sprint) races and that's about it. I'm not even gonna touch the GTWS because I know most drivers will beat me in the race. Well I'm another guy that's gonna sit out for the 24th races, I only did one lap of 8'48.140 there and that's gonna be it. It's just too long of a track and there are so many turns and corners that you have to remember in order to set a really good time, and I'm just not fit for that.

Last edited:
This race had some intimidating names in and I was just pleased not to be humiliated.:P Antonio P1 in the world at the time and Kyky P6.. :ill:

I'm viewing it as practice to try and gain some much needed consistency before Round 4 on Saturday, should be a good one with everyone warmed up.

I kept making silly errors in the lower lobby then somehow did a mistake-free drive in this higher split. :confused:
It's very slippy out there with only 7 degrees track temp and hard tyres.
192b0a99aa020-screenshotUrl.jpg

Hi everybody, I reckon this week will be only race C for me. Still on a learning phase with the 911 with no TC. It's also a good "stress test" for focus that I recommend. Spa was really too long, but 25 min race is acceptable. I thus completed only one lap with incidents, spins and other for a QT of 8:44, just to see. Surprisingly was enough for 9th in a quite spreaded grid (pole was at 8:25 and it's not a science-fiction time). Nordschleife isn't Sardegna. I know the track since GT4 (in '97 actually was already in GPLegends) so no fuss on that. Even if bumped out at the first lap is possible to recover, since the many mistakes I've seen (ok a big one was mine, but I managed just three laps today). An advise, if you feel way faster than the guy in front, just keep putting pressure. Most likely he'll make an error leaving you free to pass. A and B seem too much kinda mono-marque races to me, while C looks more varied for now.

Last edited:
Hi everybody, I reckon this week will be only race C for me. Still on a learning phase with the 911 with no TC. It's also a good "stress test" for focus that I recommend. Spa was really too long, but 25 min race is acceptable. I thus completed only one lap with incidents, spins and other for a QT of 8:44, just to see. Surprisingly was enough for 9th in a quite spreaded grid (pole was at 8:25 and it's not a science-fiction time). Nordschleife isn't Sardegna. I know the track since GT4 (in '97 actually was already in GPLegends) so no fuss on that. Even if bumped out at the first lap is possible to recover, since the many mistakes I've seen (ok a big one was mine, but I managed just three laps today). An advise, if you feel way faster than the guy in front, just keep putting pressure. Most likely he'll make an error leaving you free to pass. A and B seem too much kinda mono-marque races to me, while C looks more varied for now.
This is gonna be a fun week at Race C. Hoping to squeeze a couple in at some point because this is, in my humblest of opinions, the greatest place ever.😁

@Chrome_PuPXD THANK YOU!! I hadn't even thought to look at the temps. I thought it'd be clever to come in here talkin' about "...did update 1.52 include tire chillers they forgot to turn off..." Guess that answers that. Going from RM's at (presumably) toasty Sardegna to the ice-box on RH's is a bit shocking. Makes for some killer lookin' drifty exits tho. Gonna take a minute to acclimate, too. Lost traction at Sardegna wasn't a big deal with so much room to wiggle around. Here, well, you die.🤣

Not sure how they do it IRL...flying through Schwedenkreuz full tilt without a <RESET> button takes stones much larger than I could ever carry. Much respect.👍

:cheers:

Well, I can say I am absolutely not going to do any races this week. Beyond the one I just did.

Race C I was unable to manage to even complete a qualifying without crashing out spectacular form. So I’m just not good with Nurburgring and I hate the GP circuit even more. I like Nurburgring in a non-competitive format; just not this one.

Race B, the Bugatti is just horrid. I’m like 10 seconds off the pace. I tried another car and that was even slower. I did get to the low 1:30s but even so I hate the car in VR.

Race A, I just did one. I came in last, 46 seconds behind the leader. It was like I was driving in molasses compared to the others even though my time is a 1:20.9.

That said, my entire evening was off. Even my time trials were abysmal tonight. I’m about ready to throw the PlayStation out the window. I need to be doing something else but GT. It’s driving me mad.

Ok rant over. I need a meme race. 😀

Last edited:
It's been over a week since I've booted up GT7. Considering I feel the Nurb GP track is the worst real life track in the game, I surprised myself by even loading the game up. And we have two versions of it included this week. No thanks. Fair play to anyone who enjoys it.

So I tried Race B. Once and done. I knew after two practice laps it would be. A combo that proves the daily races are not tested before being thrown up. If they are, that makes it worst. Awful. I can appreciate and respect anyone who has the time and inclination to have succes in this one make VGT debacle, but I cant be arsed. Horrible.

I haven't done a round of the current GTWS because that seemed lacklustre when announced, so I will check out what next week brings...

Last edited:
Jumped on a spur-of-the-moment 1.20am Race A lobby last night after the missus popped off to bed, quick quali session of 3 minutes. I didn't expect much, and the hour plus the current state of my SR (somewhere near to 50) meant I found myself sitting in 8th, confronted with mostly B/S drivers.

It turned out to be a nice little ego boost as I 'expertly' overtook a few cars (some questionable lines being used by the red-eye crowd). By the end I was battling nicely with the fastest of them, 1st and 2nd place were unfortunately too far away for us to capitalise on their own fighting.

We had a 4-lap to-and-fro, switching places and staying clean. It was really great practice for future races and a chance to experiment with different lines and individual corner techniques when trying to best your opponent.

A very nice surprise for a lobby of that time of the night.

What I have learnt is that my 'natural ability', that is to say how fast I can be without much practice or warm-up, is probably high-B pace. Any improvement I experience over the course of any week is down to practice and a little bit of luck.

This is gonna be a fun week at Race C. Hoping to squeeze a couple in at some point because this is, in my humblest of opinions, the greatest place ever.😁

@Chrome_PuPXD THANK YOU!! I hadn't even thought to look at the temps. I thought it'd be clever to come in here talkin' about "...did update 1.52 include tire chillers they forgot to turn off..." Guess that answers that. Going from RM's at (presumably) toasty Sardegna to the ice-box on RH's is a bit shocking. Makes for some killer lookin' drifty exits tho. Gonna take a minute to acclimate, too. Lost traction at Sardegna wasn't a big deal with so much room to wiggle around. Here, well, you die.🤣

Not sure how they do it IRL...flying through Schwedenkreuz full tilt without a <RESET> button takes stones much larger than I could ever carry. Much respect.👍

:cheers:
... when Flugplatz was really owning its name (Clark at the wheel). Now with aero we don't see this anymore. Btw, either flat out or with lil lift before Schwedenkreuz doesn't make a huge difference in lap time nowadays (imho).

Attachments

• jim-clark-curbs-historischer-motorsport-magazin.jpg
    jim-clark-curbs-historischer-motorsport-magazin.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1
  • images(8).jpg
    images(8).jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I think like a few people I too was hoping for GR4 at WG (probably one of my fav combos). I usually avoid GR1 but decided to give it a go yesterday in the Hyundai N 2025 and was plesently surprised by my pace resulting in a few podiums, a win and a much needed boost to my DR. Today however in higher lobbies, even though I had some good races and finishes I knew i'd have to switch to the Bugatti. Fortunately I improved my quali time and again had some good races, but for the life of me I cannot fathom how people are taking the bus stop flat out! Even after watching @Tidgney video for which I am always grateful for I have to brake and drop down a gear or two. I think I need to find a slower ghost to follow to get it right

Did Race B a couple times last night. Used the 2011 R18 first, about half the lobby kept crashing at the bus stop so I ended up 8th out of 14. Race 2 was with the LM55. Had a nice battle with a couple 919s that couldn't get enough momentum to pass on the straights since they lose a lot of speed fast. In the corners though they could easily outpace the LM55's understeer. Had a better finish this time getting 5th out of 16.

Last edited:
Back