GT7 July 2024 Update Prediction

The reason people are talking about GT8 is because GT7 is effectively not being developed anymore. Seemingly, at least.

The development has halted, so people are wondering how GT8 will turn out.
In a month or two we expect the PS5 Pro reveal event

A major hardware launch that will spearhead Sony's PlayStation business for the next 4-5 years.

Given Sony's release schedule many pundits expect GT7 to be one of the showcase titles to sell the machine to the masses. We saw this with PSVR2 - but PS5 Pro is a far bigger deal in terms of market potential.

Leaked documentation highlighted a 1st Party PS5 title that currently runs at 4K/60, but on PS5 Pro can run 4K/60/RT. The assumption is this title is GT7. With PSSR and machine learning PD can go much further if they want to push the technology. We'll have to wait and see what (if anything!) they deliver.

Blanket statements about the status of GT7 based on monthly updates make no sense. PD are not bound to monthly updates and shown they're willing to deviate from them. In the bigger picture PD need to deliver content that sells PlayStation hardware and so will target those marketing beats.

IMO we're more likely to see a new PS5 edition of GT7 (with upgrade option) and PC port than GT8.

I belive july was skipped last year and we got an early August update instead, this year August is proably going to be skipped. I belive after this july update, we dont see any update until late september, and the final one in november, witch i think Will be a big update with the launch of ps5 pro. I also belive july could be big in terms of content.
the third and last big update after the late 2024 one, will likely happen in early/mid 2025 before the support ends. Do you agree?

Last edited:
the third and last big update after the late 2024 one, will likely happen in early/mid 2025 before the support ends. Do you agree?
I could see it happen yes depending on when gt8 gets revealed, i would not be supriced if we see a gt8 reveal sometime next year. But how long gt7 will be supported is very difficult to answer. It sure be at least to mid next year maybe even longer.

Maybe this video, just as an DLC

I would really expect them just to make something that we haven't seen before.

Like, no usual tweets from Kaz nor from that sort. Something unique. Atleast, there is a reason why would they reveal it at their GTWC event, but time will tell...

New Update:

1. car: what is this?
2. car: is there such a car?
3rd car: How should we race with this car?

new track: oley new track. As long as there is a new path.

Even Fortnite gets 10 updates a week of some sort. I don't understand PD.
You are comparing an F2P game (that is financed through new skins and season pass) with a full-price game that has every update available for free and where the developers need 9 months of development time for each car. In an F2P game, it is normal for the games to regularly receive new updates (skins, etc.). This is how they can make money. PDI takes longer to release updates because, unlike skins, they have to develop significantly more for new Contents. And the updates were always free

Last edited:
I could see it happen yes depending on when gt8 gets revealed, i would not be supriced if we see a gt8 reveal sometime next year. But how long gt7 will be supported is very difficult to answer. It sure be at least to mid next year maybe even longer.
There are so many 1st Party studios still to release their first title on PS5 and Sony tend not to reveal anything unless it's 6-12 months to launch. It makes more sense to re-package GT7 as a PS5/Pro SKU with an upgrade option for existing owners. That allows PD to take greater advantage of the latest consoles - a new revenue stream - and another 18-24 months breathing space before a GT8 reveal.

I don't see any great desire for GT8, rather more content & features for GT7, with the added bonus of taking advantage of PS5 Pro.

There are so many 1st Party studios still to release their first title on PS5 and Sony tend not to reveal anything unless it's 6-12 months to launch. It makes more sense to re-package GT7 as a PS5/Pro SKU with an upgrade option for existing owners. That allows PD to take greater advantage of the latest consoles - a new revenue stream - and another 18-24 months breathing space before a GT8 reveal.

I don't see any great desire for GT8, rather more content & features for GT7, with the added bonus of taking advantage of PS5 Pro.

GT8 will not be out before 2027 regardless, because development of AAA games takes so much more nowadays

Cars:
Aston Martin Vantage 2018 or Ferrari 812
A returning JDM car like the R34 Z Tune, R35 2007, Autozam AZ1 or Toyota Celica
A racing car
Two Hyundai from the N range

Track:
Gilles Villeneuve or Motegi

Engine swaps:
2JZ or LT5 Zr1 for Volvo 240
SR20 or RB26DETT for R31 Skyline

Plus an extra menu and scapes
I keep my older prediction, the only thing I'd change is the racing car. Now I'd say that the racing car would be the Genesis VGT in gr1 form

True. But next year will be 3 years since gt7 come out. And thats offen the time i takes before they reveal a new game, the 2 latest games has been released 2 years after being revealed,

Gt8 might not be revealed but i would not be supriced if it is sometime late next year,
2027 release for next gt would make sense for 30th year anniversary. But if they going to extend gt7 life even longer it would be good if we got a paid expansion for gt7.

True. But next year will be 3 years since gt7 come out. And thats offen the time i takes before they reveal a new game, the 2 latest games has been released 2 years after being revealed,

Gt8 might not be revealed but i would not be supriced if it is sometime late next year,
2027 release for next gt would make sense for 30th year anniversary. But if they going to extend gt7 life even longer it would be good if we got a paid expansion for gt7.
GT8 is going to be revealed in late 2025 and the last big GT7 update would be coming out in early-mid 2025

Because doomsayers said it is not a modern race car, and insiders said people will have positive response of the next update, and some youtubers upping it, then I predict Renault Espace F1 is one of the car of the update

At this point, I'm partially excited for the next update because I feel less sure of what's coming, given that this update will be more formally announced during the GTWS live round rather than teased with the usual silhouettes. Honestly, who knows at this point?

EDIT: If we did get a new track, I wonder what car we'd be tasked with for the respective Circuit Experience? Maybe the newer Nissan GT-R GT3, or the similarly newer AMG GT3 would be my guesses, unless they've already been featured in another Circuit Experience. Could even be the TS020 for as little as I know.

Last edited:
At this point, I'm partially excited for the next update because I feel less sure of what's coming, given that this update will be more formally announced during the GTWS live round rather than teased with the usual silhouettes. Honestly, who knows at this point?

EDIT: If we did get a new track, I wonder what car we'd be tasked with for the respective Circuit Experience? Maybe the newer Nissan GT-R GT3, or the similarly newer AMG GT3 would be my guesses, unless they've already been featured in another Circuit Experience. Could even be the TS020 for as little as I know.
I’m going to guess a Group C car as the World Sportscar Championship used to race at Montreal. (Assuming the track is Montreal)

GT8 will not be out before 2027 regardless, because development of AAA games takes so much more nowadays
There's a world of difference between a GT sequel and a ground-up title which requires character & story development, voice acting, mo-cap, art, 3D assets etc. It's why we get a new F1 title each year and Forza Horizon every 2-3 years.

It's not a like-for-like comparison, but there's no reason why PD couldn't produce a sequel within 3-4 years when technology and assets are carried over. I don't think they will as they can still monetise an updated version of GT7, be it a new PS5 SKU, DLC, PC port.

I'm always minded to think why haven't PD added more Missions, Endurance races, even minor updates like Suzuka signage. I do think the answer could be they've always planned a major update to boost the title in years 3-5.

Latest Posts

Back