GT7 July 2024 Update Prediction

1, 2 or 3 Japanese cars as usual!! and an Italian one (according to my analysis of updates) for manufacturers and models that only Mr. Kaz knows

GT7 doesn't have Group X. EV road cars can take part in any race for which they're otherwise eligible; the AI even use them, most notably a Taycan Turbo S in the Deep Forest 1hr Challenge in The Human Comedy. I've just used the very same car for the Weekly Challenge this week in the European Clubman Cup 600 at the Nurburgring...
I believe they might be referring to how EV cars can only do one-makes in Custom Race, which is handled by a different flag.

Polyphony is going Dutch 🇳🇱 in June! We don't have alot of car makers but we're making it up with something else,

New circuits:
  • Assen TT Circuit
  • Zandvoort
  • Zolder (Belgium is basicly a part of the Netherlands :cheers:)
Cars:
  • Spyker C8
  • Donkervoort D8 GTO
The Donkervoort D8 GTO would be a good choice to accompany track cars that we already have such as the KTM X-Bow R and BAC Mono.

Grand Prix in Montreal this coming weekend, GTWS in Montreal early next month, references to Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in the datafiles, it all makes so much sense.

No track this month, 3 boring old road cars (there must be a Silvia/Skyline/Civic they haven't added yet), full Pikes Peak scapes!
In the scapes there will be references that PD owns the licence just to rub it in our faces.

But the joke is on them, because I don't care for pikes peak and it is as necessary to me as music rally.

I think Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve is the most likely compared to Motegi and PP.

I'm not sure we'll get 24h races yet I still think we're waiting on some other elements like weather in Daytona and Sophy improvements before that comes.

No clue on cars, they've all been quite left-field for me.

So about the size of a regular car like a Tesla Model 3.

The track is absolutely fine for any type of vehicle in this game - hopefully it does get added sometime soon, after 2 years the existing circuits have gotten very boring.
The F1's problem is turning radius. At least in the past, teams used a special steering rack at Monaco because the steering rack they used elsewhere wouldn't quite work.

Also, the 78" width (sorry for going Imperial; it's what I use) is closer to the Suburban's 81" width than the Tesla 3's 73" width.

The F1's problem is turning radius. At least in the past, teams used a special steering rack at Monaco because the steering rack they used elsewhere wouldn't quite work.

Also, the 78" width (sorry for going Imperial; it's what I use) is closer to the Suburban's 81" width than the Tesla 3's 73" width.
I was going with the mirrors-open size, because they are a valuable safety feature and people really should use them. Tesla 3 with mirrors is 82 inches - https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/model3/en_us/GUID-56562137-FC31-4110-A13C-9A9FC6657BF0.html

We're in danger of veering massively offtrack here. To get back to the original point, if the Montreal track has enough space for modern F1 cars it's entirely suitable for regular cars, like those in GT7, which are generally of similar size.

To get back to the original point, if the Montreal track has enough space for modern F1 cars it's entirely suitable for regular cars, like those in GT7, which are generally of similar size.

Absolutely no disagreement. They've also run Group C, Daytona Prototype, NASCAR Xfinity, GT2, GT3,..., so the track is certainly big enough for just about anything GT7 can (virtually) put on it, even the pick-ups.

It feels like a glass half full/half empty proposition. The five 2024 updates so far have had the expected car/event/engine swap content and pretty much nothing else of real consequence. If you're glass half full, then they have something big on the horizon and it's just taking them time like the VR2/Spec II updates. If you're half empty, then the dev focus has shifted to GT8 (or a GT7 PC port - with God of War Ragnarök now announced, GT is the only 2021-22 Sony game not on or coming to PC).

I think I have a couple of months of optimism left in me still, and Montreal still makes too much sense so I guess I'm still saying it'll be that.

(or a GT7 PC port - with God of War Ragnarök now announced, GT is the only 2021-22 Sony game not on or coming to PC).
This is correct, but 2020 Demon's Souls Remake says hello, no PC here. Also it seems like The Last Of Us Part 2 Remastered is the next PC port. No evidence or rumours at all regarding a GT port since the Nvidia leak 3 years ago, if it was coming you'd think one of the "insiders" would have mentioned it for the clout.

Honestly Villeneuve is fine for like formula cars not GR.3 or 4 or anything else in my opinion it’s to tight for regular cars
E547E89B-3347-45D3-9194-26403CBBFF5B.png

34D6BD00-E4E3-424B-BAEA-4F87E93AFD8B.jpeg

F34B7119-0B81-411B-B5A9-30EACB815DCB.png

54254D9E-0507-4559-8ACC-2394EAFE7AE1.png

Modern F1 cars (since at least 2017) are absolutely enormous, dwarfing even NASCAR - and that dwarfed most everything at Le Mans, the big M8 GTE perhaps being the only comparably large entry in recent memory. Out of all machinery racing today prototypes may be the smallest. F2 (which uses the same chassis as SuperFormula) might be comparable to a GT3 car, so at that point it makes sense to race whatever on that track. I’m pretty sure there’s a Porsche Supercup round as a support race for the GP regardless.

View attachment 1362224

View attachment 1362226

View attachment 1362227

View attachment 1362225

Modern F1 cars (since at least 2017) are absolutely enormous, dwarfing even NASCAR - and that dwarfed most everything at Le Mans, the big M8 GTE perhaps being the only comparably large entry in recent memory. Out of all machinery racing today prototypes may be the smallest. F2 (which uses the same chassis as SuperFormula) might be comparable to a GT3 car, so at that point it makes sense to race whatever on that track. I’m pretty sure there’s a Porsche Supercup round as a support race for the GP regardless.
I think he gets the message.

Because random articles are popping up in my feed.

PD love adding coupes and returning marques to the game. The E36 M3 and return of the Holden Monaro or Pontiac GTO would make sense. This fills in a gap for the M3. While the Pontiac GTO version of the Monaro adds to the trend of old and new generations of models.
Being that Holden been in the Gen Turismo franchise from GT4-GT6, it would be a fitting brand to represent Oceania. I’d still like to know why FPV didn’t make the cut in GT5 & GT6. Though they were in GTPSP(I can only think it would have to do with buy outs of FPV and Prodrive to Ford Australia). Anywho, it’d be another “You didn’t see that coming.” moment in a GT7 update. ;)

1967 Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A)
1991 Mercedes-Benz 500 E
1998 Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS (NB)
2022 Porsche Cayenne GTS

Two from the datamine, one "untracked" all-new car, and one "untracked" returning standard. The most iconic Mazda from the 60s and a second sporty SUV from a premium brand for the game, I feel both of them are highly likely to be added at any time.

Frankly, im a little surprised Sony’s marketing event in Montreal is going to go off before Full Force is implemented..also, while the dd+/extreme is still in its nerfed/gimped state.

While i’ve never played acc before, given their recent vr announcement (not psvr2 specifically)..i find myself looking forward more to that, if only to get the full value from the wheel. Be pretty funny of someone else fully implemented support for their ‘official,’ wheel, before they did….

I think they'll add a one hour race at Le Mans for GR1 and GR3 cars. That would be joined up thinking. Not something PD have been renowned for that...

Back