GT7 July 2024 Update Prediction

I would have wanted these races to come back :P

Okay, new prediction:

BMW M5 '05
Bugatti Type 37 A Grand Prix '28
Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
McLaren Senna '18
Porsche 963 '24 (Gr. 1)

This is to fit the datamine and the theme of June being Le Mans month, if anything by the previous update which had five cars.

Still no new track.

Well, given PD is having a massive marketing event in Montreal, I'm fairly certain we're finally going to get a new track. Data entries relating to CGV were found in the game ages ago, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't included in the next update.

Cars? Could be anything. My guess is that the cars this month will be kinda underwhelming since the main attraction is (hopefully) a new track.

Mazda éfini RX-7 (FD) '91 - we all know PD love adding cars that are kinda almost identical to cars already in the game (looking at you, Silvias and Skylines!) and a 90's model of the FD RX-7 is a notable omission. Only the seasoned JDM spotter will be able to tell the difference between this and the 2002 model from a distance.

Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92 - Filling the final gap in the sporty kei car line up seems logical and we all know PD loves threes of things for their menu books (?). Plus it was a detailed model in GT6, so hopefully not a lot of work to do.

Mitsubishi FTO GPX '95 - and now, in the category "cars I can't believe aren't already in this game", is the humble Mitsubishi FTO. Bonus points if it comes with an absurd engine swap ready to go.

1718351545980.jpeg

Every time.

Well since spec 2.0 they just added cars every month, 3/4 events esch month and thats it. So what we should expect realistically?

Well since spec 2.0 they just added cars every month, 3/4 events esch month and thats it. So what we should expect realistically?
The following:

-New scapes, for sure. Personally, my dream scape location is Mystic, CT.

-At least one new quintet of engine swaps, either featuring pre-existing engines or new ones. The LT5 (Corvette C7 ZR1) and B18C (Integra Type R) are respective examples of what I mean, with the latter being a new engine in the latest update.

-At least one new Extra Menu, possibly involving one of the cars that'll be coming in the update. Or not - it could very well involve a motif or brand that hasn't had an Extra Menu yet, like we saw with Lamborghini and Jaguar. Alternatively, it could even end up requiring a car that's also required for another Extra Menu, like the Nissan Skyline GT-R GT500 '99 being featured in both the Extra Menu for Nissan Motorsports and that for the Legends of the JGTC. There are still some brands that don't have an Extra Menu yet, such as McLaren, but in that particular case, I think I'd potentially want to see a few more models get added, first, like the road-going version of the P1. (Though the idea of a McLaren-themed Extra Menu without even one version of the F1 seems a bit odd, even if all versions of the F1 cost well over 10m credits.) If they really wanted to do some padding for an Extra Menu, I suppose there could be an Extra Menu focused on some of the made-for-game Gr.3/Gr.B Road Cars. There could even be one for Gr.4 cars from real-world one-make series, namely the Renault Megane Trophy, the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport, and the Audi TT Cup. Or there could be one for Suzuki, featuring the classic Cappuccino, the Jimny, and one of the Swift models. Who knows?

-As far as the actual new races go, I can almost guarantee that they'll involve whatever cars get added. For example, if we get a new Gr.3 car, you can expect a new round of the WTC 800, just as we did with the Honda NSX GT500 '00, as well as the fact that the addition of the Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31) led to a new round of the Japanese FR Challenge 450.

I'd also be down for a new Bonus Menu, but I do wonder how PD determines which events end up as Bonus Menus - and thus new events altogether where new rounds can be added in later updates - versus the ones that end up serving as limited-time Special Events in the Weekly Challenges, such as the Jimny Cup versus the Tourist Trophy. I'd definitely argue that Special Events could be an excellent way to revive other classic GT events such as the Evolution Meeting, whereas something like the Race of the Red "R" Emblem is made redundant by its spiritual successor, the Nissan GT-R Cup.

Last edited:
I would have wanted these races to come back :P
^those are great entry setups for custom races. Very easy to set up since you don't have to own all the cars, just choose Gr3/Gr1

Ferrari 812 Superfast 18
Toyota GR Supra 24 (following pd logic)
since they surprise us with a modern hyper/supercar every few months ( that is not in the datamine ) - last one being GT3 RS 992 in november, i would say a realistic option would be a Lamborghini Huracan STO - also following the promotional videos theory.

In terms of track, i think montreal could be added.
In terms of events , a new PP 600 and PP 800 event in any track - possibly montreal if it gets added.

Last edited:
Here are the rules I'm using to predict the cars this time (yes, I have massively overthought this for no reason):
  • Every update since May last year has had at least one non-concept car of MY 2009 or later. Of these, only the 2009 TT and 2013 V40 are earlier than MY 2018. So expect a modern road car with near certainty.
  • Lots of recent cars have filled in many generations for existing lines (Lancer Evo, Civic, R8, Impreza, Skyline, TT, 911...)
  • While they sometimes put two of the same model in an update, they have never put the same non-VGT model in back-to-back updates. So I'm not predicting the R34 I usually do since there was a Skyline last update.
So I'm going for:
  • Lancer Evo 8 - in the datamine, fills out the Evo line. I don't see any other Evos coming, since Mitsubishi can get weird about the VII.
  • VW Golf VIII - modern road car, fills out the Golf line. The broader VW Group have had a few cars in lately.
  • Some sort of Ferrari race car that can squeeze into Gr.3 - It could be a 488 GT3 or Challenge! It could be a fictional F8 Gr.3! I very much doubt it's a 296! But even if it's not this update, I do think PD are probably moving replacing the 458 GT3 up the priority list now that Ferrari qualified.

On a possible track: The suspicious thing to watch here is the GTWS round 1 combination. If they lag on announcing this, there's a good chance it's because they don't want to jump the gun on announcing Gilles Villeneuve. If they announce them before the silhouettes come out, tamp your expectations back down.

Here are the rules I'm using to predict the cars this time (yes, I have massively overthought this for no reason):
  • Every update since May last year has had at least one non-concept car of MY 2009 or later. Of these, only the 2009 TT and 2013 V40 are earlier than MY 2018. So expect a modern road car with near certainty.
  • Lots of recent cars have filled in many generations for existing lines (Lancer Evo, Civic, R8, Impreza, Skyline, TT, 911...)
  • While they sometimes put two of the same model in an update, they have never put the same non-VGT model in back-to-back updates. So I'm not predicting the R34 I usually do since there was a Skyline last update.
Yeah. I was thinking the same, there is some kind of pattern with those updates.

One car I would add or "replace" from your list i Lamborghini Gallardo (also in datamined list) and it is actually last modern Lambo to be added. (not counting "specials" like Reventon or similar cars)

Random non-car/track prediction: Neo-Classical Challenge maximum year limit adjusted to 2000 to allow 2000 NSX GT500 to enter it. (Also may help if the C5-R/Viper GTS-R gets added.)

I doubt many would make it / many here would be on the same page as me for certain options, but here´s my take on the next update:
  • Corvette C5 ´97 (base model, to tune up etc.) or the Corvette C5-R
  • Toyota MR-2 ´99
  • Honda CR-X SI ´91
  • Peugeot 306 Maxi´95
  • Track: Either Circuit Villeneuve or Twin Ring Motegi

Either version of the Corvette would be amazing to have, in terms of tuning potential for the base model and racing potential for the race model (or just both, I´ve seen a few people wanting it back, and I feel like it´s a car that deserves coming back, it´s been featured in so many GT´s, it´s even the last missing Corvette, all the other Generations are in the game, like come on PD, #C5FORGT7)

A ´99 Toyota MR-2 to also toy around, and possibly recreate a few iconic race cars / cars from shows (Kai Kogashiwas MR-2 from Initial D for example)

The ´91 CR-X SI would do for another great time attack car, or just a general ****box to drive around with and do stupid stuff with in open lobbies with friends or random´s

The ´95 Peugeot 306 Maxi would be great, since not many rally cars have been added since last rally car added to the game was the Celica (if I´m not mistaken) in update 1.27 and.......its been a while xD

#C5FORGT7

Last edited:
The German brand Opel is still missing from the game. The Eiger North Face route would also have to be included in the game. In August 2023, images were shown at the Sony Creator Conference that point to the route: a picture from a helicopter and graphic models of a building and the train station.20829231240440890.jpg367455800_2228124527382971_2576837566316886828_n.jpg367456896_2228124714049619_5055508641997260646_n.jpg366964447_2228124627382961_4766145585175836785_n.jpg

Last edited:
Let's start the prediction game again, after Mays amazing update with Volvo returning and a desirable list of Gran Turismo greats what's next?

My Prediction for June is:

Track:
Gilles Villeneuve (Canada)
View attachment 1361528

Cars: I've noticed that the some of the racing classes need mixing up and updating. Maybe marking the return of Bentley?
  • Audi RS6 Avant, 2008
  • Bentley Continental GT3, 2018
  • Bentley Speed 8, 2003
  • McLaren 720S GT3 Evo, 2018
  • Volkswagen Kubelwagen Typ82, 1944

View attachment 1361523 View attachment 1361526 View attachment 1361524 View attachment 1361527 View attachment 1361525

Events: Bring back some of those classic events...
12 or more - Event limited to cars with at least 12 cylinders or more
Boxer Spirt - Limited to road cars with boxer engines
Electric circuits - Event for all the Electric & Hybrid vehicles in GT7
Nostalgic 1979 - Limited to race cars built before 1979
Passion of Dr. Wankel - Limited to vehicles with a Rotary/Wankel engine
Warbound Off-roaders - Willys Jeep Vs Kubelwagen

Fixes:
EVs - EV road cars can now take part in road car events not just one-make races (Still in Group X. arrrgghhh)
Nostalgic 1979 - Gives the player a chance to use some of those $20,000,000 race cars
Is this a prediction or a wishlist?

Okay, here is my real prediction:

4 cars
  • Ferrari 488 gt3
  • Mine's R34
  • Porsche 963
  • Hyundai Ioniq 5

No new track
I like you're thinking, but it's extremely ambitious! Switch out 2 of them for a VGT and yet another comedy car like the volvo box or an ambulance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, do you expect at least another Sophy update till the end of GT7 support? I think we'll be getting at least another itineration of Sophy in the next big update until the support ends
I think we will. Maybe as a part of a potential "spec 3" update.

Last edited:
Back