GT7 July 2024 Update Prediction

New Update:

1. car: what is this?
2. car: is there such a car?
3rd car: How should we race with this car?

new track: oley new track. As long as there is a new path.

Even Fortnite gets 10 updates a week of some sort. I don't understand PD.

You cannot compare Fortnite’s assets (great game, not knocking it) to the assets in GT7. They take a lot more development time

With so many developers, are you happy with so few updates?
F2P live service game can't be even compared to GT - like apples and oranges

and active live service like Fortnite with very high budget 10 updates per month is nothing

Last edited:
Well since there was no june update and it feels july is gonna be big, here is my new prediction:

. New track Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

. 7 cars (same number as spec2 update):
- ferrari 812 superfast (leaked car list)
- ferrari 499p gr1 ( pd could have started scanning it last year when it won le mans)
- updated gr3 corvette (similar to c8.r)
- subaru impreza sedan '10 (leaked car list)
- hyundai N vision 74 (PD partnership with hyundai)
- ford puma rally1 (appears in ford channel on gt7 brand central)
- honda civic del sol ( doesnt need explanation)

. Ability to sell parts and engines

. The end of brand invites

. A lot of new races play with our new toys and track

. Engine swaps for:
- volvo 240
- sprinter trueno shuichi shingeno version
- chevy chevelle
- honda civic del sol
- mazda rx500
- citroen ds pallas
- mini cooper s '05
- mercedes 300sl
- nissan skyline r31
- renault sport clio v6

. New set of missions

. Drag racing

Last edited:
With so many developers, are you happy with so few updates?
The developers are working on GT8 and it's already been established that PD is running a very small team by choice i guess, since the content they put out is, shall we say, light?

It's just enough to launch GT7, it's just enough to keep it alive, but it's not enough to produce DLC content (i may be corrected soon)

VS Fortnite that is entirely built around updates = money flow. Without updates the game dies, every update HAS to deliver. Sure it's the pain about F2P games, we NEVER get a complete game, it's an endless Pursuit but it's what makes the games that delivers a HUGE success.

kjb
When did the Del Sol come to the game and how I have missed it all this time? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Last update PD introduced a new car and also made it an engine swap option, with the eg6.
They would simply repeat the process for the del sol

Last update PD introduced a new car and also made it an engine swap option, with the eg6.
They would simply repeat the process for the del sol
But when was the Del Sol added? This is the list of Hondas in the game
Honda (24)
Beat 1991
Civic (EK9) Type R 1997
Civic (EK9) Type R Touring Car 1997
Civic (EK9) Type R 1998
Civic (FK2) Type R 2016
Civic (FK8) Type R 2020
Civic (FL5) Type R 2022
Fit Hybrid 2014
Integra DC2 Type R 1995
Integra DC2 Type R 1998
NSX Type R 1992
NSX Type R 2002
NSX Epson Super GT 2008
NSX Concept-GT Raybrig Super GT 2016
NSX 2017
NSX Gr.3 Race Car
NSX Gr.4 Race Car
NSX Gr.B Race Car
Project 2&4 powered by RC213V 2015
RA272 1965
S660 2015
S800 1966
S2000 1999
Sports Vision Gran Turismo

The developers are working on GT8 and it's already been established that PD is running a very small team by choice i guess, since the content they put out is, shall we say, light?

It's just enough to launch GT7, it's just enough to keep it alive, but it's not enough to produce DLC content (i may be corrected soon)

VS Fortnite that is entirely built around updates = money flow. Without updates the game dies, every update HAS to deliver. Sure it's the pain about F2P games, we NEVER get a complete game, it's an endless Pursuit but it's what makes the games that delivers a HUGE success.

Holding content for a game 2-3yrs out is idiotic. Now if gt8 is on deck for next year. Sure. Cool. Np.

But the idea that they are holding assets back from an update for 8 has always struck me as kinda dumb. The only exception would be if gt7’s assets were for resolutions north of 8k and toned down because covid//ps4 support dragged down game quality. Otherwise, i wouldn’t want them to hold anything back as a game released in 2-3yrs, with an average life in the 3-4yr range, should really be in the 8k with hdr, running at 120fps, range.

kjb
But when was the Del Sol added? This is the list of Hondas in the game
Honda (24)
Beat 1991
Civic (EK9) Type R 1997
Civic (EK9) Type R Touring Car 1997
Civic (EK9) Type R 1998
Civic (FK2) Type R 2016
Civic (FK8) Type R 2020
Civic (FL5) Type R 2022
Fit Hybrid 2014
Integra DC2 Type R 1995
Integra DC2 Type R 1998
NSX Type R 1992
NSX Type R 2002
NSX Epson Super GT 2008
NSX Concept-GT Raybrig Super GT 2016
NSX 2017
NSX Gr.3 Race Car
NSX Gr.4 Race Car
NSX Gr.B Race Car
Project 2&4 powered by RC213V 2015
RA272 1965
S660 2015
S800 1966
S2000 1999
Sports Vision Gran Turismo
Del sol is my prediction for possible new car for the july update.

kjb
I apologize if I missed that. I have only been asking because the Del Sol along with the Prelude and the regular CRX were some of my favs from the older GTs
What I was saying is that the del sol would get the same treatment as the civic eg6. Del sol would come to gt7 as a new car and it would get an engine swap option in the same update. Thats why I put it in both "new cars" and "engine swaps"

What I was saying is that the del sol would get the same treatment as the civic eg6. Del sol would come to gt7 as a new car and it would get an engine swap option in the same update. Thats why I put it in both "new cars" and "engine swaps"
Sometimes I suffer from DRS Didn'tReadSyndrome 🤣 🤣 That will be great if they add that car and have an engine swap.

Holding content for a game 2-3yrs out is idiotic. Now if gt8 is on deck for next year. Sure. Cool. Np.

But the idea that they are holding assets back from an update for 8 has always struck me as kinda dumb. The only exception would be if gt7’s assets were for resolutions north of 8k and toned down because covid//ps4 support dragged down game quality. Otherwise, i wouldn’t want them to hold anything back as a game released in 2-3yrs, with an average life in the 3-4yr range, should really be in the 8k with hdr, running at 120fps, range.
I am guessing they are working on a new game and focusing on that. And my guess is that includes new assets that simply won't be ported to GT7, first of all, because it requires resources, there is no way around that, and the PS4 could be partly to blame for that. Second of all, because you want the next game to have "new" content that the old one didn't have. Why waste resources on providing new content for an old game that will make your new game less attractive?

Do you guys actually listen to yourselves?
It’s barely been two years since GT7 launched, and you’re already talking about GT8?!
The reason people are talking about GT8 is because GT7 is effectively not being developed anymore. Seemingly, at least.

The development has halted, so people are wondering how GT8 will turn out.

Do you guys actually listen to yourselves?
It’s barely been two years since GT7 launched, and you’re already talking about GT8?! Yearly licensed sports games have killed the gaming industry
Poliphony is only delivering content to the game. They are not developing it and coming up with new features, so the focus being set on the next game seems pretty reasonable.

Development of a new game is taking longer and longer (and costing more as well). I would be shocked if GT8 isn't at least in full pre-production stage.

Last edited:
There are, despite the best efforts of Domino's, a couple of Domino's DXP's (2015 Chevrolet Spark modified by Roush Performance to serve as dedicated delivery vehicles) still out there.
They're already in the game in ICE and EV versions. Just waiting on the engine swaps. :D Since we already have safety cars and an ambulance in GT7, I predict our next emergency vehicle will a fire engine. I mean, why not?

Gran Turismo® 7_20240628131736.jpg

My copium delusional theory is work on GT7 has slowed considerably to focus on GT8 because GT7 is cross-generational and assets need multiple "finished" LODs to scale, while GT8 will be PS5 exclusive and not require that extra development.

If they're gonna announce it at an eSports focused event I'm gonna huff that copium that it will be a Spec 2 tier update for the Sport mode. Really needs a shake up from the ground up imo.
I'm actually leaning this way too. I don't know if, or expect there will be anything, but I think if there is anything more foundational than "here's Montreal and maybe a cool car!" then it's way more likely to me to be on the Sport Mode side than it is on the single-player this time.

Just a gut feeling based on not much.

I'm actually leaning this way too. I don't know if, or expect there will be anything, but I think if there is anything more foundational than "here's Montreal and maybe a cool car!" then it's way more likely to me to be on the Sport Mode side than it is on the single-player this time.

Just a gut feeling based on not much.
Sport mode revamp woud be cool, but i really really hope it will add something new to sophy

I dont even know why I’m even that bothered about a July update really. I hardly the play the game any more and what I want from the game will never come!

I mean it feels pretty obvious that we will get a new track in Gilles Villeneuve Circuit. Previous leaks saying the track is in the game file, GTWS live just so happens to be in Montreal too, and the fact we had no June update to coincide with GTWS also suggests this.
Cars, at this point I just want new GT3s. It’s the only category of racing I really do. Other than that I always welcome new cars even road cars, but it would be nice if PD actually catered to all categories. I’m sick of seeing a different version of the Skyline, Subaru, Civic, or Audi TT. Is it up!
Sport mode needs an overhaul. But doubt anything will change.
Single player what happened to new missions especially endurance stuff?

Back