Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,974 comments
Hello everyone. I need help with a problem I'm having lately. I'm running one of the series created by Rainmaker, and once I finish the race, no matter what position I finish in, when I go to the menu I appear last. Has anyone else had this happen and know how to fix it? Thank you.

New skin for the bcrc and trr mustangs. I switched to the bcrc as it bops better than the trr ( but skins are the same for both). More info on the dl page.

SS_bcrc_mustang_gt3_lemans_2017-17.jpg

Hello everyone. I need help with a problem I'm having lately. I'm running one of the series created by Rainmaker, and once I finish the race, no matter what position I finish in, when I go to the menu I appear last. Has anyone else had this happen and know how to fix it? Thank you.
Are you waiting until the race is completed and you get the quit menu? If you exit out before all AI are done, it will most often put you in last. Wait until all AI have crossed the line and you get the menu to quit.

Not the same base model, definitely not the same team budget also. No need to belittle the work of others.

Personally I'm just glad to see a bit of love for a good 'ol french ****box
Simply because it's not an ACTK work. ;) But it's another someone else's work (sometimes stolen from pay mods) that he passes off as his own, with his "by ACTK".
Sorry, but I will never respect this kind of people.

View attachment 1368977

I'm not him, even though we talk a lot together, but considering all the rage, I wouldn't talk about it anymore.
"Hi, I am ACTK and I do that stuff for this reason, for that other and obviously, for that other one. Thank you for the attention"

It's not so difficult, just looks a bit coward to leak everything that some of our beloved modders release here without asking for permission or even show him or let's say at least Cheering in that great community. I don't think that if he did the things well, deserved that kind of attention we give to him. That I admit, it's not a positive attention.

Last edited:
Damn WTF you mean with "pretty" on this ACTK crap?

When you say pretty mod, then it should look like this for example:

This garbage has more polygons than the whole earth, 1.6m and 230 mb lod A an ugly dash and drives like a rollercoaster, you must be kidding

There are not many top notch modder but tidy isn't it.

RSS, Pessio, Gadu and many more

Last edited:
Are you waiting until the race is completed and you get the quit menu? If you exit out before all AI are done, it will most often put you in last. Wait until all AI have crossed the line and you get the menu to quit.
I activated the option to do one last lap and return to the pits manually, as I didn't like the car being teleported to the pits. Now that I think about it, I think the problem started when I activated that option, I will try to disable it to see if that solves it. Thank you for the answer.

Edit: That option was the culprit, I disabled it and now everything works fine. Obviously there is some problem there.

Last edited:
Hej @racinjoe013 if it's not too much bother, could you look at fixin' the grass for Istanbul Park please ? It suck so much and looks like utter peepeepoopoo.

You're our only hope when it comes to that, you've got magic in your hands.
Would love a total upgrade for Istanbul. It's long overdue.

The track surface mesh and layout are still very good. The surroundings? Not so much.

I activated the option to do one last lap and return to the pits manually, as I didn't like the car being teleported to the pits. Now that I think about it, I think the problem started when I activated that option, I will try to disable it to see if that solves it. Thank you for the answer.

Edit: That option was the culprit, I disabled it and now everything works fine. Obviously there is some problem there.
I kind of wish there was an option to increase the amount of time before the teleport. It's a little too soon after crossing the finish line I think. I wonder if there is an config file tweak where you could increase the time before the teleport to pit. Anyone know?

Last edited:
So i've been at this most of the day and I think I have a solution for my additional rt_sonoma lights that will eliminate the light popping. In order for it to work, I need to eliminate the number of lights. My additional light poles have raised the light count too high. That includes car lights. The solution i've come up with is to turn off other lights. The two that seem to make the biggest difference is turning off the lights that the original config maker had coming on underneath all of the tents around the track, including the pit tents. There is a lot of tents around this track. So I turned off [LIGHT_SERIES_4] and [LIGHT_SERIES_9].

On my system, with a field of 30 cars, that eliminated the light popping. I'm not sure yet if this would fix the problem with a bigger field because my system can't handle a larger field for night racing. If you still have issues with a larger field, also try changing the [LIGHT_SERIES_3] entry to ACTIVE = 0. That one I want to keep on because it lights up the off track buildings and i'd hate to lose that, but it would help if you still have issues.

While I was at it, I also moved one of the light poles to a new position and eliminated some of the poles I added to further help with reducing the light count so things may appear a bit darker.

Attachments

• rt_sonoma_additional_lights.zip
    777.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Sorry, but no, you didn't add the new timing at all. I don't want to sound like a dick but would it have been difficult to check before replying? I don't just say these things to get attention, and I can't believe I just wasted more time by downloading the car again on a stupidly slow MediaFire connection to see if I was indeed wrong, even though it's obvious from the speed of the shifting animation that the timing is off.
This is the timing in your latest download, which has Bruce Lee on amphetamines shifting with a one-inch punch:
Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=220
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=100
PRELOAD_RPM=10500
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

And this is the revised timing and preload that I issued with the new driver posture and shifting animation, so that it looks correct:
Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=330
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=300
PRELOAD_RPM=20500
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

It makes a BIG difference.
Please take reports seriously or people might just not bother making them in future.

BTW, not a fan of the new aero settings, to me it makes the car oversteer far too easily. The original physics feel a lot more stable to me.

View attachment 1368976

I didn't even know that ACTK was an actual modder. @JK1977 Are you ACTK now?
Nope

Having this issue again where some of the "dirt" is now transparent/Invisible. I know shin helped me last time by disabling chunks optimization in the CSP menu but now it does nothing...anyone else come across this issue recenty?

1719806748080.png

Having this issue again where some of the "dirt" is now transparent/Invisible. I know shin helped me last time by disabling chunks optimization in the CSP menu but now it does nothing...anyone else come across this issue recenty?
Does this help? Disable "Draw grooves ..." in weather FX
1719829493885.png

So i've been at this most of the day and I think I have a solution for my additional rt_sonoma lights that will eliminate the light popping. In order for it to work, I need to eliminate the number of lights. My additional light poles have raised the light count too high. That includes car lights. The solution i've come up with is to turn off other lights. The two that seem to make the biggest difference is turning off the lights that the original config maker had coming on underneath all of the tents around the track, including the pit tents. There is a lot of tents around this track. So I turned off [LIGHT_SERIES_4] and [LIGHT_SERIES_9].

On my system, with a field of 30 cars, that eliminated the light popping. I'm not sure yet if this would fix the problem with a bigger field because my system can't handle a larger field for night racing. If you still have issues with a larger field, also try changing the [LIGHT_SERIES_3] entry to ACTIVE = 0. That one I want to keep on because it lights up the off track buildings and i'd hate to lose that, but it would help if you still have issues.

While I was at it, I also moved one of the light poles to a new position and eliminated some of the poles I added to further help with reducing the light count so things may appear a bit darker.
I really appreciate your attempts to fix it, but unfortunately the problem still exists.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back