GT7 July 2024 Update Prediction

I think he was being sarcastic… just saying.
Dudes ain’t got time for that! :lol:
1720262605720.gif

kjb
TBH being outside in ~100° weather in North Carolina cold Canada sounds lovely
I did a couple decades up north. It was so great i never want to go back. 😂. I do every once in a while. But less now that i have a cousin to ship maple syrup 🔥

Last edited:
I know many of you are disappointed with the update, but I am really excited for the return of Eiger. Not to mention the '98 Subaru WRC car, the 2nd gen M3, and the Ferrari Scuderia. Very interested in how these new physics effect the rally experience. Also.... NEW RIMS! Finally! Sophy on the Ring, as well. Looking good to me. I would have loved the Canadian GP circuit, but frankly, I think I'm going to enjoy Eiger more, anyway. That's my .02 cents.

Not sure where I said it but I've mentioned that we need new wheels a few times. We got new wheels! Never heard of the Pokal brand and it's not what I was hoping for - SSR, Forgeline, Watanabe, Speedline - but it's something. It seems kind of like Forgeline in that it makes custom high-end wheels but I don't see a motorsports connection anywhere unlike Forgeline. Anybody who lives in Japan ever heard of them or seen them?

Also, this is only the second E36 to ever appear in a GT game and the first time the E36 M3 has shown up. The only other appearance was the 323ti or Compact in GT2. A travesty given the legendary and popular status of the E36 which has finally been corrected.

Last edited:
Overall thoughts:
  • Ferrari F430 Scuderia ‘07 - I know a “duplicate” but I like those mid noughties supercars so that’s a welcome addition as a datamine car.
  • Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 ‘08 - same reason as the Ferrari (except the duplicate part) so another welcome addition, and it’s a datamine car also.
  • BMW M3 ‘97 - a great generation filler, will actually be a lot of fun I reckon.
  • RUF RGT 4.2 ‘16 - another datamine car and another RUF is actually welcome in my opinion.
  • Genesis Berlinetta VGT Racing - I actually quite like it, will definitely be a handful.
  • Subaru Impreza Rally Car ‘98 - technically a debut to the series (previously was a ‘99 car) so welcome to the game.
  • Eiger Nordwand - great views and actually a fun track so welcome to see that.
  • The other elements e.g. Sophy, the Michelin tires etc are also welcome in the hope of improving the game.

Admittedly, it’s slightly annoying to wait until 25th July but it will hopefully be fully worth it - depends on what else arrives (events wise) on the update.

Last edited:
I keep hearing the physics update regarded as "new physics" and not "updated" or "improved". It sounds important anyway. They really making us wait a whole 19 days after telling us about it though? Oh, you're killing me here!
Check the video of the Subaru landing. It shows the compression characteristics of long-travel digressive dampers. All race cars use digressive damping but rally cars and trucks are particularly advanced because they combine long suspension travel with it which is how they absorb impacts so effortlessly without collapsing. Damping and tires are some of the hardest things to simulate which is why they partnered with Michelin from the beginning, and now they've made a big change to damping.

Could be a bandaid on jump landings but it also could be a damping overhaul or something even more that forces us to change how we drive and tune.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back