GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,863 comments
It's looking like the PS5 Pro will give us a huge boost in frames on PSVR2. The new PSSR could make GT7 run in lower native resolution to double frame rate but look 4k. So just using the machine learning aspect of the Pro its going to be super smooth visuals. The extra GPU and CPU boost will give us the special effects and extra detail/draw distance hopefully.

snc
For now only CyubeVr dev confirmed patch for ps5pro, I would defenitly wait with update if somebody have vr in mind
I would say don't hold your breath, I've bit the bullet and taken the plunge with a Strong (pricey) gaming pc I specced and built myself.

Well for better or worse I saw it was still available for pre-order so I bought a PS5 Pro. I figured I could sell my PS5 and recoup some of the money and I'm more just curious how the Pro will perform. So on Nov 7th I'll be able to test it out with GT7 and PSVR2. Hopefully there will be a GT7 patch ready to go on release date at least. Apparently the the anniversary model sold out in a few seconds, I'm kind of glad it did because I would have been tempted and I don't need to waste any more money.

I ordered my PS5 Pro as well. Mainly because my daughter is gaming pretty consistently with her friends, I'm going to shift my base PS5 to her.

I had the worst possible luck obtaining my Pro yesterday because I was in jury duty. I was queued, waiting to pounce on the 30th Anniversary Edition and of course my number was called to serve on a jury... LOL

I was going to preorder but decided to buy a high end sim rig instead. I dont play gt7 enough and there aren't really that many games on psvr2 that justifies buying a new console. Also want to see the reviews from you guys/gals, so props to all you early adopters

I was going to preorder but decided to buy a high end sim rig instead. I dont play gt7 enough and there aren't really that many games on psvr2 that justifies buying a new console. Also want to see the reviews from you guys/gals, so props to all you early adopters
That's funny because earlier this week I was about to buy that GT Omega Hybrid rig to upgrade my old rig but it was out of stock.
If I had bought that, I wouldn't have pre-ordered the PS5 pro. I'll wait till next year to upgrade rig now.

Hybrid_Acc_01_Strip_1220x_crop_center.jpg

Preorders have started in my country, local price is 104.999 RSD / 897 EUR / 1000 USD :ill: And that's without any bundles, just one gamepad and that's it. But we are used to it, always 20-30% more expensive than EU/USA countries, with 3-4 times less average salary :D

BWX
That's funny because earlier this week I was about to buy that GT Omega Hybrid rig to upgrade my old rig but it was out of stock.
If I had bought that, I wouldn't have pre-ordered the PS5 pro. I'll wait till next year to upgrade rig now.

View attachment 1392482
Yea im currently in between pulling the trigger on one of these two rigs...

TRX_BLACK_GT.2_0b20ae29-b5bb-41cc-bcd5-5a2dfe586073_720x.png

iu

Last edited:
Yea im currently in between pulling the trigger on one of these two rigs...

TRX_BLACK_GT.2_0b20ae29-b5bb-41cc-bcd5-5a2dfe586073_720x.png

iu
I'd recommend the 2nd one. I had one similar to the first one and it was HEAVY and over-sturdy even with my Podium F1 wheelbase I had at the time. You'll find it'll be waaay easier to build onto and customize (button boxes, monitor mounts, motion motors, rumble, etc.) your rig with the 2nd one too as that is what most people have. And I bet it's cheaper too.

Jerome

I'd recommend the 2nd one. I had one similar to the first one and it was HEAVY and over-sturdy even with my Podium F1 wheelbase I had at the time. You'll find it'll be waaay easier to build onto and customize (button boxes, monitor mounts, motion motors, rumble, etc.) your rig with the 2nd one too as that is what most people have. And I bet it's cheaper too.

Jerome
Only $150 difference in cost, but I really dont have a budget (plus they both offer payment plan options)

I am using the GT DDpro and CSL V2 pedals...probably won't be getting any monitor mounts since I will be using it for VR

Will also be adding casters...but the weight issue is a little concerning as I just moved and really need something that can be transported easily

Back