GT7 SVG request thread.

• Thread starter daan
  • 5,334 comments
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could make these file sizes the proper 15kb for me. I've tried everything I could and the smallest I could get was still over the limit...

Thanks!

For what it's worth, these are SVG files with embedded bitmap images, they won't work in GT even if they were <15kb. SVG's must just be SVG, pure vector files, and not bitmap or raster images. If you post the best quality images you have as JPG or PNG someone might create them for you.
I'll take care of this, I think the embedded bitmap images are good enough to convert them to vector.

EDIT: There you go. Please let me know if these work for you.

Attachments

• R&P_logo_black+black.svg
    9 KB · Views: 11
  • R&P_logo_black+colors.svg
    8.9 KB · Views: 10
  • R&P_logo_white+colors.svg
    7.2 KB · Views: 11
  • R&P_logo_white+white.svg
    7.4 KB · Views: 10
  • SCCBC_logo.svg
    4.1 KB · Views: 11
  • SCCBC_logo_BC.svg
    12.7 KB · Views: 11
  • SCCBC_logo_wheel_SVGOMG.svg
    14 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Proportions of the plates seem to be different to the Gauteng, I've done them as they are for now.
I've just uploaded them to the game and tested them out, dimensions are okay but their quality is a bit low.

Is there any chance you'd be able to increase the quality and get the size to just under 15kb like you did with the Gauteng plate?

I've just uploaded them to the game and tested them out, dimensions are okay but their quality is a bit low.

Is there any chance you'd be able to increase the quality and get the size to just under 15kb like you did with the Gauteng plate?
That's not really how vector graphics work.

The quality is absolutely the same between all three files, the only reason the file sizes are so different was because of the small emblem on the Gauteng plate, which used up a lot of bytes. If anything the Gauteng plate is 'worse' since it's decimal precision was a lot less in order to get it under 15kb.

If you're seeing a different quality on the car it's possibly because you're having to scale them to fit, or maybe some cars plates just use higher res texture maps than others, but it's nothing to do with these files. Open them in a browser (e.g. Chrome) and zoom right in, you'll see they're all pin-sharp... because how vector graphics work.

I can change the proportions if there's a specific plate you want it to fit, but beyond that you're stuck with the resolution that PD decide to render them in.

That's not really how vector graphics work.

The quality is absolutely the same between all three files, the only reason the file sizes are so different was because of the small emblem on the Gauteng plate, which used up a lot of bytes. If anything the Gauteng plate is 'worse' since it's decimal precision was a lot less in order to get it under 15kb.

If you're seeing a different quality on the car it's possibly because you're having to scale them to fit, or maybe some cars plates just use higher res texture maps than others, but it's nothing to do with these files. Open them in a browser (e.g. Chrome) and zoom right in, you'll see they're all pin-sharp... because how vector graphics work.

I can change the proportions if there's a specific plate you want it to fit, but beyond that you're stuck with the resolution that PD decide to render them in.
Ah okay I thought maybe the file size might have had something to do with it.

In that case no worries then, thanks for making the plates for me!

I'm looking for International GT Open (the Spain based racing series) racing numbers 0 to 9. I'm sure they have been uploaded by atleast someone, but i can't find them using the search engine. Is there anyone here that has these saved or uploaded them?

Barcelona-2017-10-29-report-006.jpg
157A1265.jpg

Last edited:
I RETURN! 😆😆😆

...Anywho, it's been a while, and I don't have a decal request as such, but thought I'd ask if anyone either knows what this font is, or has it?!
Picture attached for clarification!

@krisduv has already said he doesn't have this, I doubt anyone will, but always worth an ask on the off chance...

Righto guys, the original decal company has not gotten back to me, so I guess I can only request this if someone has time
Tried to trace it myself with differing quality issues, as I suck at this SVG lark bar the basics, so yeah, any help is always appreciated, especially with this one missing piece.

Picture attached again for time saving.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231010_013823_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20231010_013823_YouTube.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
PMK
I'm looking for International GT Open (the Spain based racing series) racing numbers 0 to 9. I'm sure they have been uploaded by atleast someone, but i can't find them using the search engine. Is there anyone here that has these saved or uploaded them?

@996rick made a site called https://gt7numbers.com/ for downloading race numbers from, not sure if there's already one there but he's pretty good at finding fonts to add. Thread for it is here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/so-i-made-a-site-for-downloading-svg-numbers.408524/

Righto guys, the original decal company has not gotten back to me, so I guess I can only request this if someone has time
Tried to trace it myself with differing quality issues, as I suck at this SVG lark bar the basics, so yeah, any help is always appreciated, especially with this one missing piece.
I'll sort it out this evening.

@996rick made a site called https://gt7numbers.com/ for downloading race numbers from, not sure if there's already one there but he's pretty good at finding fonts to add. Thread for it is here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/so-i-made-a-site-for-downloading-svg-numbers.408524/

I'll sort it out this evening.

...Goes the line "the beer tokens are in the post"...! 🤣🤣🤣

That'd be appreciated, and here's a further picture for clarity, clearly skewing to the right, so hopefully it traces nicely (unless you magically pull this from your super secret font draw)?
If you'd like anything else to work with, let me know...

Thank you @MatskiMonk 😁 Other heroes are available from all good forums, today's hero is you sir!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231018_181300_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231018_181300_Gallery.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 12
That'd be appreciated
Two versions, one white, one clear.

1697654544884.png

so hopefully it traces nicely (unless you magically pull this from your super secret font draw)?
98% of what I do is manually drawn, I've got 6000+ fonts installed (which was actually an accident), but most of the time it's faster to just draw the letters than to find a suitable font.

Attachments

• image_worx_clear.svg
    6.4 KB · Views: 12
  • image_worx_white.svg
    6.4 KB · Views: 13
Two versions, one white, one clear.

View attachment 1296251

98% of what I do is manually drawn, I've got 6000+ fonts installed (which was actually an accident), but most of the time it's faster to just draw the letters than to find a suitable font.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

🙌 🙌 🙌

Last edited:

Attachments

• Cosmote_text.svg
    3.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I'll have a look.

EDIT: the text logo is attached, the round logo is a little tricky and will need some work.
I think these are right
I made it home and got online to check if the logos came out ok but ran into issues.

The logos themselves are only showing up in black in game but a far bigger issue is when I upload two of the decals, the game literally crashes once I click on the My Items tab in game.

Any thoughts on why its causing this to happen? :confused:

I've narrowed down the game crashing issues on @the Interceptor's decal triggering it and understanding on how gradient decals can be a mess to deal with the limits imposed.
This is a quick rehash of @AlexWilmot's logo without matrix transforms. Can't test it myself because my remote play is being a ****

edit: text logo added too.

Attachments

• Cosmote_logo_test.svg
    14.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Cosmote_text_test.svg
    13.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Test is successful! 👍
Okay, I've just posted the text too.

Basically if you open the file in Notepad or in browser and View source, and you see it do a Transform="matrix....", I don't think the gradients will work, it doesn't understand it and renders it as black.

SVG:
<linearGradient id="g1" x2="1" gradientUnits="userSpaceOnUse" gradientTransform="matrix(-73.967,133.44,-82.53,-45.747,636.483,557.08)">
<stop offset="0" stop-color="#000d26"/>
<stop offset="1" stop-color="#0098dd"/>
</linearGradient>

This is the same fill from my file...

SVG:
<linearGradient id="a" gradientUnits="userSpaceOnUse" x1="72.935" y1="67.884" x2="58.589" y2="117.705">
<stop offset="0" stop-opacity="1" stop-color="#000D26"/>
<stop offset="1" stop-opacity="1" stop-color="#0098DD"/>
</linearGradient>

CorelDraw by Default applies the matrix transformation to the shape and just uses the output coordinates, rather than keeping the original coordinates AND the translation. It makes sense for graphic design, but for GT Decals not so much.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help on this! I see that some gradients didn’t come out as I drew… I had soo many different styles and angles going on I think that made it too complex
It was a good recreation, it's just one of those things GT is funny about, I just edited my post above with a bit more of an explanation. It's not the complexity as such, it's just how your graphics program writes the SVG.

Couple things could i get jzilla logo to match the one on the hood and just the signature out of the stars and stripes logo

Attachments

• img_2_1697252398243.jpg
    img_2_1697252398243.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 10
  • img_1_1697156438400.jpg
    img_1_1697156438400.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 10
  • img_1_1697866497355.jpg
    img_1_1697866497355.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 12
Couple things could i get jzilla logo to match the one on the hood and just the signature out of the stars and stripes logo
I think I've interpreted this right

Attachments

• Jzilla_emblem.svg
    13.8 KB · Views: 12
  • jzilla_sig.svg
    4.3 KB · Views: 11

Latest Posts

Back