GT7 SVG request thread.

• Thread starter daan
  • 5,357 comments
Hello everyone.

I need a help making a SVG from this two PNG images for GT7.

Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

• GRL complete.png
    GRL complete.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 3
  • GRL mini.png
    GRL mini.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 3
Hello everyone.

I need a help making a SVG from this two PNG images for GT7.

Thank you very much in advance.
GRL Mini is one decal

The complete GRL logo I've done as three parts. It could probably be one decal, but the font used is terrible for small file sizes, and this gives you more options.

edit: Check out the number of nodes used for one character in the Zing Rust font, versus Arial...

1726168768440.png

Attachments

• grl3.svg
    11.9 KB · Views: 3
  • grl2.svg
    2.6 KB · Views: 2
  • grl1.svg
    14.2 KB · Views: 3
  • grl_mini.svg
    7.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Can anyone help me figure out why my svg has such a large file size? This is 144kB on its own.

I suspect I'm doing something wrong in Inkscape when I use Object to Path for the text, because the text seems to have a lot of nodes. I grabbed the text in the pink and blue boxes from this pdf file for reference. Maybe that's why?

Is something like this really impossible to get under 15kB?

K4-GP給油シール.png

Attachments

• K4-GP給油シール.svg
    144.7 KB · Views: 2
Can anyone help me figure out why my svg has such a large file size? This is 144kB on its own.

I suspect I'm doing something wrong in Inkscape when I use Object to Path for the text, because the text seems to have a lot of nodes. I grabbed the text in the pink and blue boxes from this pdf file for reference. Maybe that's why?

Is something like this really impossible to get under 15kB?
It's a really bloated file in terms of how all the style information is written, and what's included. SVGOMG will strip out a lot of that. I think saving as plain SVG might help too.

What do I mean by bloat.. open the file in notepad and look for repeated things, anything related to font, anything that talks about sodipodi, unneeded id's, labels and groupings, decimal precision is 5 decimal places... mostly it shouldn't be there. I also see there's some matrix transforms in there, which probably won't work when you upload to GT anyway.

Even then, the characters used in Asian writing are often node hungry (in the same way a serif font is compared to a sans-serif font), so a lot of characters means a lot of nodes, and that's just going to eat up the file size. If you look at this from my post above...

1726216842695.png

You'll see that characters turned into paths use the fonts original nodes to draw an outline of the character, so if the original font has loads of nodes (like the G on the left), the path will too. If I was doing this and trying to get it as one decal, I'd redraw all the characters using a single line, and give it a line thickness (rather than using the outline of the letters) - it's time consuming but it dramatically cuts down on the number of nodes.

Some of the text you've copied is also a brush style font...

View attachment 1388772

1726217870919.png

Waaaaayyyyyy too many nodes. You'd need to either delete loads of these, or just redraw it.

If you did it from scratch 15kb might be achievable, but for the time it would take I'd probably just accept it was going to be two decals. That said, scrutineering stickers often are so small and complex they just become a mush of pixels, so not worth spending that much time on either way.

Just my two cents.

Roman Reigns OTC. Is this a possibility or too much work? Only want the letters and design inside it not the circle background

Attachments

• otc.png
    otc.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 1
Back