GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download v3.3 all new cars added!!

I've been using the app quite a bit in the last month and it has produced some truly great tunes and also some truly awful/un-drivable tunes.

I'm noticing a few trends with regards to handling and gearing, specifically with racing soft tires. I find that if there is not a large difference in downforce between front and rear settings with racing soft tires then the tune will often produce a car with zero grip in the rear and too much in the front so that any braking or turning creates violent oversteer and impending doom into a barrier/offtrack. I'm learning that there needs to be a good 150-200 points between front and rear downforce otherwise the tune is bad. Why might that be?

I sometimes think this may also be related to the very aggressive LSD settings that can pop up. On defaults for handling preferences, it seems the tool biases LSD and suspension tune (when using racing tires) towards a very loose rear end (even when rear downforce is on maximum). I find I am having to use -5 for LSD setting for certain configurations and I still get a 5/6/5 LSD setting which seems aggressive.

I also find that for my targeted top speed and minimum corner speed that the gear ratios can sometime come up with impossible values. I have to spend a lot of time playing with what I think it wants my minimum speed to be (even though I might verify it when watching a replay) to get ratios that are somewhat realistic.

I don't tend to notice these traits so much on tunes with cars on comfort or sport tires and perhaps that is because the power is less (my 580pp Pantara'71 tune on SM is magical) but on racing tires, I have a lot less faith in the tool getting me a workable tune without 6 rounds of trial and error..

So what is the default handing characteristic of this program for racing tire tunes? How might I improve my situation?
Can I ask what cars you are setting up with Racing tyres, if you could post up some screenshots of the setting sheet and also the app settings that you are working with, I might be able to comment on what to tweak for better rear grip, if this is what you require.

Can I ask what cars you are setting up with Racing tyres, if you could post up some screenshots of the setting sheet and also the app settings that you are working with, I might be able to comment on what to tweak for better rear grip, if this is what you require.
I'm not sure I have the bad tunes saved as I rework then until I get something that works for the time. Next time I come up with one i'll post up.

I have a couple of examples of cars, though not terrible at handling, as I have worked them quite a bit, they still have some tendencies I could do with advice on how to resolve (if possible).

First 1 is the 911GT3'09. I find this car very easy to lock up its wheels or to lose its back end while braking. In fact pretty much any braking over 50% will cause the car to lose grip. It may just be that the car is over powered for the Sport Medium tires but I'm hoping we can tame the behavior. Overall I feel this car has very little mechanical grip.

These are the settings I got to.
Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 8.18.15 PM.jpeg
Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 8.18.27 PM.jpeg
Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 8.18.35 PM.jpeg

This is the tune of the car. The LSD is modified from the recommendations. I basically had to double the braking sensitivity to make the car not crash out every time i touched the brake.
IMG_8631.jpeg

IMG_8629.jpeg

IMG_8627.jpeg

Next up is the NSX Concept GT'16. This car had some what unpredictable handing under braking. In some ways it is predictable but it makes for a nervous drive. If you brake (25% for instance) while turning in, the car will bite violently and want to oversteer. If you brake a a moment early, and then turn in, it will understeer and not grip at all. The point between understeer and oversteer is very narrow but usually I can find the right amount, but it can be quite dangerous. In addition I have to run TCS2 with this build otherwise is can easily power spin out. The LSD is not doing its job on balancing the power to tractive force. I would like to get this where TSC1 is all that is needed for RM tires.

Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 9.30.39 PM.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 9.30.33 PM.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 9.30.46 PM.jpeg

This is the tune of the car.

IMG_8635.jpeg

IMG_8634.jpeg

IMG_8632.jpeg

Other things I tend to notice is that the cars tend to feel very "floaty". For example, I found +2 ARB for the 911 was much better. This may just be me being used to GR4 and GR3 cars more but overall I feel the app tunes on the "soft" side.

Advise welcome!

Last edited:
Back