GTP Cool Wall: 1992-1995 Dodge Viper RT/10

1992-1995 Dodge Viper RT/10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love it. But it's very uncool. The Griffith did it better, at least until the GTS came along.

Hmm. ... Americans voted for Sub Zero and non Americans voted for Uncool or Super Uncool.

I'm not an 'Merican but I'm voting for SZ easily.

(I hate those phone auto correction btw)

Hmm. ... Americans voted for Sub Zero and non Americans voted for Uncool or Super Uncool.

I'm not an 'Merican but I'm voting for SZ easily.

(I hate those phone auto correction btw)

I'm not American either and I voted cool.

I can understand why people would say the Viper is uncool (even seriously so), because it's loud, obnoxious, and about as classy as a night out in Newcastle.

To me though, if you're going to be obnoxious, you might as well not do it in half measures. Cool.

It's pretty insane how far interiors have come in the past 20 years. Compare the interior in this car to the modern Viper or Corvette, it's quite a difference.

Every time I look at it, I think of the music that plays in the Dodge dealership in GT1. For invoking such awesome memories, it deserves an SZ.

Pristine lines unsullied by twin body-length stripes or lip spoilers. Sure, the GTS/coupe is cool in its own right, but it can't really compare to the roadster that got the ball rolling.

SZ.

Pristine lines unsullied by twin body-length stripes or lip spoilers. .

The concept car was even more dramatic, it looked impossibly awesome:
viper-rt10-concept.jpg

post-308-1109285590.jpg

It was a design sketch brought to life, it's proportions were insane.

It's a nice car, but easily the worst Viper of the bunch. This is the one that actually deserved the poor handling comments, and being a car with an open top, the aerodynamics were terrible. Though the engine was aluminum, I recall the weight coming in at just over 700 lbs for the first few years. It really wasn't until the GTS that the Viper became a true sports car in my opinion. Given what Chrysler was in the 80's, the RT/10 was a good start though.

As a successor to the Cobra, it's disappointing that the car isn't really light, but average weight. However, I guess the later ACR versions sort of make up for this. Also, again given the state of Chrysler's car line up in the late 80's and early 90's, this car really does stand out.

GTS was so much cooler, but I can't fault the RT/10 for being such an out-there, completely ballsy move by Chrysler at the time. 3-Spokers be damned, this thing get's the SZ.

Didn't know they raced the RT/10. Very cool!

Basically every Race Mod in GT1 was based off an existing racer, no matter how obscure :P

The first-gen Viper was a great idea that I'm glad Chrysler had the balls to build. The first generation, however, wasn't perfect. The styling has aged badly. The features are too round, they look bloated. The wheels came directly from a Hotwheels car. Seriously:

SB's_-_6152cf.jpg

1689_large_image.jpg

The biggest difference there is the Viper had six lugs.

But with a V10 and the status of the closest thing America had to a supercar, it's still cool.

Cool.
Those actually exist.

upload_2015-3-23_18-40-10.jpeg

I love this car, all Vipers in fact. Beautiful and aggressive styling, crazy engine and serious performance.

But you'll look like a massive berk if you drive one.

SU, but I wouldn't care about that if I owned one.

It is a shame that after GT2, the Viper RT-10 was absent from all GT games. In my opinion, one of the best Dodge cars ever made.

Putting a truck motor into a sports cars sounds crazy on the surface, but Dodge made it work somehow. Sub Zero

Back