GTP Cool Wall: 2011-2015 Chrysler 300

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 105 comments

2011-2015 Chrysler 300

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because you've used (intentionally or not) a strawman argument. I said that the Chrysler 300C looks like a car a drug dealer might drive. You took that as me saying "most Chrysler 300C drivers are drug dealers."

A bit too drug dealery.

Original quote, wasn't until after you said "looks", hence why I said anything and kept up and in reality it wasn't just you I was arguing against on the logic. Also @TheCracker for his amazing stat that was never proven.

You're allowed to disagree, and say that you don't personally feel that your perception of might drive one influences your voting; but if you come along and say that my methodology is silly and wrong and trite, despite the fact that you apparently haven't understood what it was to begin with, then it becomes an issue. You're not having a debate.

It is when you initially state the first quote I just requoted you under. It is silly, it's the same silly stuff that other people use all the time, and it's those assumption and/or misgivings that tend to lead into bigger ones in more serious threads. I'm debating how silly it would be to judge the car on anything but it's merits or lack of them, if there was a clear topical relation to drug runners and this car, I'd agree with you instantly on the coolness factor from that angle.

If you came along and said "Personally it doesn't bother me if drug dealers might drive them. I'm sure plenty more drug dealers drive Ford Fiestas or Toyota Corollas", then you'd be having a debate; presenting your opinion as an alternative to mine rather than just dismissing mine and calling it wrong.

I did do that, I said I feel that it's more likely that drug dealers drive around in SUVs, but I never said it was true, cause drug dealers like any other type of person could drive a number of things. If I simply dismissed it we wouldn't be continuing this back and forth. Clearly you have some reasoning to why, you've posted after the fact to back up your "argument" and I've made rebuttals. I never denied that I could see how people could get this notion, just that the idea it should be extended to the second gen car due to what people did to the first gen is silly.

To me, coolness is a purely aesthetic thing. There's nothing rational about it, just as there's nothing rational about admiring a beautiful sunset or shedding a tear to a stirring song. If my judgement of a cars coolness is based off of who I think would drive one, be it James Naughtie, Jeremy Hunt, or Andrew Marr, that's entirely up to me.

That's fine, but opinions aren't as black and white all the time, if you like the color blue and I like purple, I can't rationally argue your tastes. But if you think the P1 is the greatest built car of the past 20 years or something, though it may be your opinion it is something built upon ideals that aren't the same as your favorite color. Same thing here you have notions or perception to why you see the car this way, just cause it's your opinion doesn't mean the foundation isn't faulty.

I'm not sure how you got either of those questions out of that statement. Re-read.

As @Ibonibo points out, pop culture commonly has a particular role for this car. It may not even be related to the general demographic the car actually services – pop culture rides seldom are – but that's not the point. Case in point: my girlfriend still refers to the R8 as the 'Iron Man car'.

Coolness has nothing to do with logic.

Simple you said what you did, I don't see how that matters when people will have different ideals on a subject and argue that no matter. If all that mattered was a car being cool or not, yet again we wouldn't have arguments most of the time in these threads. Not sure how you cant see that.

Coolness can actually have a logical basis to it, not sure how logic takes a break.

Last edited:
Also the bottom is a first gen, which I've said from the start is where the car got that gangster ideal from, but hasn't transitioned to the newest iteration. @Roger the Horse also posted up a first gen with the midnight club cover thus once again proving my point that the first gen cars influence is used to vote on this car.

Bottom one is "History Of Violence". And yes, that generation started the" Bad guy" car, just the same as the Dodge Challenger Charger became the "cop car" in every single serie or movie.

I'm not sure how you got either of those questions out of that statement. Re-read.

As @Ibonibo points out, pop culture commonly has a particular role for this car. It may not even be related to the general demographic the car actually services – pop culture rides seldom are – but that's not the point. Case in point: my girlfriend still refers to the R8 as the 'Iron Man car'.

Coolness has nothing to do with logic.

The Q7 will be the Captain America car :lol:

Sry OT :lol:

On the car itself (to try to stay on topic), front facia is nice. Side lines are wierd and the rear is ugly....

Last edited:
Bottom one is "History Of Violence". And yes, that generation started the" Bad guy" car, just as the same as the Dodge Challenger became the "cop car" in every single serie or movie.

Thanks for the reference, it's been some time since I saw the movie so that only proves it was a gen 1 since that movie was like 2005 or 06? Also I've never seen the challenger cop car thing before, just the Charger.

Simple you said what you did, I don't see how that matters when people will have different ideals on a subject and argue that no matter.

Point me to where I said there would be no debates. Point me to where I said it was an issue.

I'll wait.

If all that mattered was a car being cool or not, yet again we wouldn't have arguments most of the time in these threads. Not sure how you cant see that.

Apparently you're still having issues with this. I'll requote myself:

All that matters on the Cool Wall is what a member thinks is cool or not.

Emphasis added for clarity.

Coolness can actually have a logical basis to it, not sure how logic takes a break.

Coolness has no logical basis. If there were any sure-fire path to coolness, coolness would cease to exist, for roughly the same reason this makes sense:

635859102054592934212391694_giphy.gif

Thanks for the reference, it's been some time since I saw the movie so that only proves it was a gen 1 since that movie was like 2005 or 06? Also I've never seen the challenger cop car thing before, just the Charger.

Yeah you right, my bad... confusing the names, let's call it that :P

So TheCracker said "85% of owners are minor criminals of one sort or another - or would like to be" and you took it at face value as an actual demographic statistic?

100% of Americans are minor criminals so whatever. With so many laws on the books I don't see how anyone can go more than a day or two without breaking one of them :lol:

Non issue that has zero to do with the car.

So TheCracker said "85% of owners are minor criminals of one sort or another - or would like to be" and you took it at face value as an actual demographic statistic?
In Europe at least, 85% of owners are minor criminals of one sort or another - or would like to be. That's an actual fact.

The would like to be, indicates that he's joking? I don't see how. I could say this to paint the idea of what the group of 85% wishes the rest of the world to see or think of them as.
Yeah you right, my bad... confusing the names, let's call it that :P

Nah, it's fine I just wanted to make sure I didn't misunderstand you.
Point me to where I said there would be no debates. Point me to where I said it was an issue.

I'll wait.

Never said you said that, it seemed implied to me. The fact you said all that matters is what a member thinks, seems to imply that despite me disagreeing with him that shouldn't matter or change how he perceives cool. Thus if that's the case then debates shouldn't really occur, despite if peoples ideas of why a car is cool or not is erroneous, hypothetical, factual or anything else.

Apparently you're still having issues with this. I'll requote myself:

Emphasis added for clarity.

Yeah not really needed, but okay. Once again no one is debating that, despite what he, I or you or anyone else thinks is cool doesn't mean it's void of being challenged.

Coolness has no logical basis. If there were any sure-fire path to coolness, coolness would cease to exist, for roughly the same reason this makes sense:

635859102054592934212391694_giphy.gif

Sure it does, just because you make choice based on critical thinking or some sort of logical ideals doesn't indicate one way or another that this is the path all people must follow.

Why are these threads filled with this stuff? No one cares, trust me.

After the fact, yeah you're probably right.

Yep. The absurd percentage he used also helps in that regard.

It's the part where he claims it's a fact, why should I see it as a joke when there to me isn't anything indicating so. If you see it as such great, but that isn't so universal if that's what you're trying to imply.

Again, the "serious claim" that some entity (Who? Chrysler themselves?) took statistical information of every second generation Chrysler 300 owner in all of Europe to determine not only if they were criminals, but if they aspired to criminal activity; and found an 85% correlation between second generation Chrysler 300 ownership and criminal activity/aspirations. All in a thread adapted from an idea started on Top Gear, where coolness was occasionally determined because one of the presenters was significantly taller than the other one.

Perhaps the solution going forward is to make posts with asterisks, where humor is explained in detail so people who are taking themselves way too seriously can be absolutely sure that a joke is a joke before they demand proof and later reference how their demands weren't met.

Perhaps the solution going forward is to make posts with asterisks, where humor is explained in detail so people who are taking themselves way too seriously can be absolutely sure that a joke is a joke before they demand proof and later reference how their demands weren't met.

{sarcasm tags}

Seriously uncool. They are either driven by wannabe ballers (possibly shot callers), businessmen with grey hair that aren't successful enough to drive an actual luxury car, or someone in their 80's who can't be bothered with Buick's new youthful image. Oh and also Metro Cars (you know like a classy taxi).

I've never really liked the 300 either, it's always come across as a bit to "try hard" and ends up being the Escalade version of a sedan. However, I will give Chrysler that they are fairly comfortable to be shuttled around it from the airport and they did have enough balls to stuff a massive engine into it without any regards for the chassis, brakes, etc.

I know that it isn't what you meant but I couldn't help but think of a bright blue Rover 400 with massive chrome rims when I read this.

Yeah pretty much what I had in mind too.

Again, the "serious claim" that some entity (Who? Chrysler themselves?) took statistical information of every second generation Chrysler 300 owner in all of Europe to determine not only if they were criminals, but if they aspired to criminal activity; and found an 85% correlation between second generation Chrysler 300 ownership and criminal activity/aspirations. All in a thread adapted from an idea started on Top Gear, where coolness was occasionally determined because one of the presenters was significantly taller than the other one.

Never said that, considering yet again people make outlandish claims to push forth their belief on here and anywhere else on the internet, who's to say. Hell he could have seen an onion article and took it for fact, me asking him on a serious level about it isn't nothing wrong. The fact you take it as some bully tactic, or at least that's what it seems like because I don't see any other reason why me asking for clarification is an issue.

Also I plenty of times say a joke and inform others in small print I am joking, as do others. Not sure why that's an issue. Once again you seem to have issue with my posting or questions I pose and that's fine. As last time we're clearly not going to see each others perspective so it is what it is.

I like the styling (of the front end, at least) and the power figures. But it's a modern 4-door sedan, weighing in at over 1800kg, which brings down the average to meh.

(also automatic only :yuck:)

Meh kind of car. The SRT version that appeared on Breaking Bad was cool, but even that's pretty meh in comparison to the rest of what SRT offers.

Never said that, considering yet again people make outlandish claims to push forth their belief on here and anywhere else on the internet, who's to say. Hell he could have seen an onion article and took it for fact, me asking him on a serious level about it isn't nothing wrong.
Sorry to hear that your opinion of regular GTP members who have been here for twice as long as you have is so low that those are the two assumptions you feel could have applied to what he said.

why me asking for clarification is an issue.
Then show me to actual statistic
Also @TheCracker for his amazing stat that was never proven.

Yes. Asking for clarification.

Quite the opposite, in fact. As such people tend to fall afoul of the site's AUP pretty quick and the moderation staff is pretty good at sussing those people out, generally people who "make outlandish claims to push forth their belief on here" don't manage to be members of this site for 12 years and nearly 20,000 posts; particularly not frequent posters in one of the site's most frequented subforums. Nor do they tend to be so insular to the internet as a whole after at least 12 years on it that they automatically take a statement as outlandish as what TheCracker originally said (outlandish enough to be directly compared to something from the Onion, no less) at face value.

Though LMSCorvetteGT2 did, so who knows.

Back