GTP Cool Wall: 2013+ V8 Supercar

2013+ V8 Supercar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How are they ugly

Easily; people have different tastes. Personally, I don't like fat-looking, gigantic sedans decked out in racing gear; it's sort of like seeing my largest uncle in competitive cycling gear. Can these look mean, and purposeful? Absolutely. But they ain't pretty.

Also the liveries are no different that NASCAR or anything else out there

Bringing up NASCAR in a discussion about coolness? That'll work.

Please elaborate because this is arguably the best racing series in the world right now on the premier level.

What does that have to do with the coolness, again?

Anyways uncool, I decided not to do SU because these cars unlike all the others are actual production cars earlier in life that are converted over, so true Touring/Stock car racing. In the end they are still racing cars and retain other variables that make racing cars SU but that one portion not being so saves it for me.

There's nothing production about these if they're on a control chassis and using a shared engine. The only thing the Volvo and Nissan share with the production car is some semblance of likeness with their exterior shell.

Well that doesn't make sense, you're not at the actual game and you aren't participating so how could you enjoy it? I'm
confused.

I think you mean facetious.

Unless you're going to tell me that because you enjoy watching racing, you enjoy watching every possible televised sporting event, accept that some people like certain ones more than others.

How is it a fake modern Mercedes?

Did that chassis roll off a Mercedes production line?

Easily; people have different tastes. Personally, I don't like fat-looking, gigantic sedans decked out in racing gear; it's sort of like seeing my largest uncle in competitive cycling gear. Can these look mean, and purposeful? Absolutely. But they ain't pretty.

That's fine but not every race car can look like a sleek F1 or P1, it's the shallowness of just saying ugly

Bringing up NASCAR in a discussion about coolness? That'll work.[/quote]

Sure it will, look at the context that Slash posted in, which was one of not being a fan of racing and thus not really knowing what other liveries look like in a general sense due to once again not being a fan. Since NASCAR is the biggest series in the States I had to use something comparable to what a non-racing fan would know based on region. If it were a Japanese resident I would have used Formula Nippon and Super GT.

What does that have to do with the coolness, again?

It has less to do with the cool wall and more to do with how racing is boring in general.

There's nothing production about these if they're on a control chassis and using a shared engine. The only thing the Volvo and Nissan share with the production car is some semblance of likeness with their exterior shell.

What shared engine are they using? The actual body is from a production chassis, body panels are changed for aero regs that the sport asks of the manufactures, obvious liter size limit, . The engine is a production car engine that is bored out to 5.0 and NZ touring cars do the same. Though the COTF is probably further from the production than the last gen car it's far closer than DTM/Super GT/WRC/NASCAR.

I think you mean facetious.

Unless you're going to tell me that because you enjoy watching racing, you enjoy watching every possible televised sporting event, accept that some people like certain ones more than others.

Yes I do because I don't need to play the game or be at the actual event to enjoy it and though the degree of how much I enjoy one compared to the other isn't the same. So yes, I'm confused cause I wish i could race those cars as well but it never has deteriorated my enjoyment of watching.

Did that chassis roll off a Mercedes production line?

The shell is a production car shell and the rest is converted over to V8 Supercar specs along with as you mentioned the chassis that is spec to lower costs. The head and tail lights are production car as well.
It's about the only thing I enjoy sporting event wise watching on TV because I played it competitively for many years so watching it is a tad entertaining. Everything else no.

But I wasn't aware that I had to dislike everything...some things appeal to me while others don't.

No that makes sense, as I told you I was confused by your rational and thus wanted to understand you better. If me pressing you people for better understanding is such a big issue why post? Isn't the expectation of intellectual conversations to expand ones understanding...

Let me translate the words "je ne sais quoi" into English for you. "I don't know what".

Thanks but I know French, not fluent but after three semesters and I know what people are saying.

For something to be cool, in my books, it has to have a certain "je ne sais quoi"; and in the case of any car which it is possible to explain what is cool about, that car is not actually cool. I guess you could say that me calling any car cool would be a cop out, then...

Well that's the way it is, I suppose in my experience I've had to explain things in great detail and thus I expect others, but either way you're being honest. Which is better than many.

Anyway, cool is subjective, just like any aesthetic. Arguing is fun and all but I have more important things to do. Like sleep.

Yeah that is the truth, but it gets annoying when people think cool is the same as what they like or have some nearly bigotry bias on why to bash something (e.g. maker of these threads and others). Not saying your comparable to those but I really at this point do care who it is I'll press them to explain further.

Oh and I explained the Merc in reply to Slipz

Last edited:
There's some anger issues in this thread.

I went with Seriously Uncool. Racing cars aside, I don't find them interesting or appealing in the slightest.

V8 Supercars has always been one of the best series on the planet. Even when it was not. Big, bad cars with balls of steel, and drivers not afraid of a little rubbing, and you've got a series that's seriously exciting to watch.

Doesn't make the cars themselves, cool. If they were, indeed, actual production models adapted to track, maybe, or if there was one especially special car among the bunch...

But no... rules balancing has made the racing good. Which means the cars themselves matter little.

Still, they're good cars. So they deserve a "meh" at least, rather than the "seriously uncool" I'd give the 2014 NASCAR or Formula One (except the Mercs. This season's Mercs might just creep into Uncool) cars.

V8 Supercars has always been one of the best series on the planet. Even when it was not. Big, bad cars with balls of steel, and drivers not afraid of a little rubbing, and you've got a series that's seriously exciting to watch.

Doesn't make the cars themselves, cool. If they were, indeed, actual production models adapted to track, maybe, or if there was one especially special car among the bunch...

But no... rules balancing has made the racing good. Which means the cars themselves matter little.

Still, they're good cars. So they deserve a "meh" at least, rather than the "seriously uncool" I'd give the 2014 NASCAR or Formula One (except the Mercs. This season's Mercs might just creep into Uncool) cars.

No sir, the Mercedes (though my team) are by far SU in the entire group. You know the whole by the numbers and all that jazz, they're doing that to the max "it's over 9000!!!!" type levels. But that's for another time so I'm going to get back on cars

So them V8 Supercars...still uncool

Back