Chassis number: 85287
Numbers built: one-off
Produced in: 1940
Body design: Wunibald Kamm

Engine
Configuration: Straight 6
Construction: cast-iron block, aluminium head
Displacement: 1.971 liter / 120.3 cu in
Bore / Stroke: 66.0 mm (2.6 in) / 96.0 mm (3.8 in)
Compression: 7.5:1
Valvetrain: 2 valves / cylinder, OHV
Fuel feed: 3 Solex 30 JF Carburettors
Aspiration: Naturally Aspirated

Drivetrain
Chassis/body: aluminium body on steel tubular chassis
Front suspension: swing axle, transverse leaf spring, oil pressure shock absorbers
Rear suspension: live axle, semi-elliptic leaf springs, arm shocks
Steering: rack-and-pinion
Brakes: drums, all-round
Gearbox: ZF 4 speed Manual
Drive: Rear wheel drive

Dimensions
Weight: 725 kilo / 1598.4 lbs
Wheelbase / Track (fr/r): 2400 mm (94.5 in) / 1153 mm (45.4 in) / 1220 mm (48 in)

Performance figures
Power: 130 bhp / 97 KW @ 5750 rpm
BHP/Liter: 66 bhp / liter
Power to weight: 0.18 bhp / kg​

If you don't know what this is, by the way, it's a replica of a 40's Mille Miglia winner, created for the 70th annniversary of its win in said event.

I voted cool. Would have been a sub-zero had it been the real deal Mille Miglia winner and not just a replica.

there is no extreme zero-ness that can make this car justice. Probably the coolest car that has ever appeared in GTP's Cool Wall.

It's not cool.

Maybe it's amazing, maybe it's noteworthy, maybe it is of historical significance, or ahead of its time, or represents a pivotal moment in vehicle design etc. etc. etc.

It's still not cool. Doesn't mean you can't like it. You guys need to make peace with liking things that aren't cool.

It's not uncool...but it's not exactly cool, either. It's really a rather obscure automobile.

Uncool

...that is, for all those that voted it anything other than Sub-zero, which it rightly deserves, real or not.

It's a plaque car, as in you have no clue what makes it special until you read the plague next to it.

Uncool.

It's a plaque car, as in you have no clue what makes it special until you read the plague next to it.

Uncool.

It's far, far worse than that. It's a replica of a plaque car, built in 2010. Even worse than that, it's a replica of a plaque car that has no plaque - it was built and unveiled for the 70th anniversary of BMW winning the Mille Miglia with the 328 (in fact they got four of the top six cars with the 328) but the Kamm Coupé retired from the race of which it was rebuilt to mark the anniversary!

So it's a one-off copy of an obscure one-off car and you can't even drive it (it can be driven, but not by the likes of anyone here). If you can't drive it, it's neither cool nor a car. Seriously, seriously uncool.

It's far, far worse than that. It's a replica of a plaque car, built in 2010. Even worse than that, it's a replica of a plaque car that has no plaque - it was built and unveiled for the 70th anniversary of BMW winning the Mille Miglia with the 328 (in fact they got four of the top six cars with the 328) but the Kamm Coupé retired from the race of which it was rebuilt to mark the anniversary!

So it's a one-off copy of an obscure one-off car and you can't even drive it (it can be driven, but not by the likes of anyone here). If you can't drive it, it's neither cool nor a car. Seriously, seriously uncool.

It makes sense to build a replica of this car because the original doesn't exist anymore, most of the race winning 328's still exist at BMW Mobile Tradition or in various private collections around the world, building a replica of those would be pointless (although if I recall correctley, BMW have done that before too when a collector put too high a price on his 328, the factory built one instead of buying it back).

It's a bit like an Automotive archeological recreation, it may not have been the best or the most famous, but something that was lost now exists for the world - or at least BMW fans and Historic racing fans - to enjoy again.

Plus I love the way it looks, I wish my P-reg 328i Sport looked that good!

While none of that is in doubt, the fact is this vehicle is a single example of a replica of a single example of an obscure, unsuccessful car and people can't drive it.

And then there's where, if you're an individual who has or drives this car or any other (real) 328, people think you drive this.

sedanm1235.jpg

Maybe this if you say it's a Coupe.

2724166.2000.BMW.328Ci.jpg

Last I checked, repmobiles weren't exactly cool. Unless they were Supertouring cars.

Latest Posts

Back