GTP Cool Wall: Renault Clio V6 Phase 2

• Thread starter TheBook
  • 51 comments

Renault Clio V6 Phase 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Then why they doesn't made it looks like sports car?
Clio body is terrible and ugly. :crazy:
Just imagine Honda NSX with body of Mazda Demio.

Because Renault have no real history of making sports cars. They do, however, have a history of making mid-engined 'hatchbacks'.

Because Renault have no real history of making sports cars. They do, however, have a history of making mid-engined 'hatchbacks'.

Why not to design more sport-looking body? It costs billions!?
They had a chance to make good sport car with V6, but they've lost it.

It's a tradition to Renault to make a hair-chested hot hatch out of their current 3-door hatch.

I'd rather see Renault unveiling a new MR hatchback than some 'real' sports car. There are a lot of sports cars to chose from, but as far as mid engined, rear wheel driven hot hatches go, there's just Renault, really.
Thus, I'd rather not sacrifice something that raare just to have another, everryday sports car.

It's a tradition to Renault to make a hair-chested hot hatch out of their current 3-door hatch.

Plenty of rumors about a turbo-charged next-gen Clio RS. :) And there's more: there probably will be a 'premium' 3-door hatch besides the Clio. The Dutch magazine Autoweek placed an open letter to Dutch designer Laurens van den Acker (who works at Renault), asking if it wasn't time for a new premium car in the spirit of the Renault 5. Van den Acker actually replied to the magazine, hinting that they are working on something special and small, and that we don't have to wait until to 2014 to have it. And I'm willing to bet it will also come in a hair-chested version. :D

That was an Alpine-Renault, not the other way around. It was an Alpine with a Renault engine. Renault didn't make them, in the same way Honda doesn't make the Ariel Atom.

Sonic, if you want others to respect your opinion, then respect theirs.

Ugly or not it depends on everyones taste. The fact that it's one of very few RWD hatches. And being the only MR hatch makes it Sub-Zero.

Not quite the only mid-engined hatch, there was the R5 Turbo.

Unfortunately I'm against the grain on this one, though I don't hate it I certainly don't like it. I appreciate the bonkers factor it offers but I have never learnt to love the styling. Great bonkers factor coupled with looks I love to hate on balance lands me in uncool.

It follows in the footsteps of this amazing rally special:
800px-Renault_5_Turbo.jpg

It just makes sense, a hatchback, which by nature is small, agile, and lightweight, with a powerful engine jammed where the rear seats should be. It's not really flashy, which is even better. Driving it, you'll have tons of fun without attracting small penis remarks like you might in a flashy Ferrari or something.

cliov6042xi3.jpg

Doesn't need words to describe the awesome.

I would like to see what the Russians could come up with if they tried though...

Sub-zero. One of my favorite cars in GT.

Why not to design more sport-looking body? It costs billions!?
They had a chance to make good sport car with V6, but they've lost it.

As a mid-engined sports car, the Renault would be owned by the Elise/Exige, the Boxster/Caymen and quite probably the cheaper MR-2. As a mid-engined hatchback Renault have a unique halo car that also nicely echos their homologation-special R5 Turbo of the late seventies.

As a mid-engined sports car, the Renault would be owned by the Elise/Exige, the Boxster/Caymen and quite probably the cheaper MR-2. As a mid-engined hatchback Renault have a unique halo car that also nicely echos their homologation-special R5 Turbo of the late seventies.

So that's why I'd prefer Elise, boxster, Cayman or MR-2 instead of that Clio.

PS (to some guys): Russian car manufacturers (especially VAZ) can't make cars.
All of them are copypast (Marussia = Pagani Zonda, Volga Siber = Chrysler Sebring), or epic fail.

...The regular clio with the high reving 2.0 is already cool to me, This "mad" clio with its mid engine is nothing less than subzero.

enough said.

Back