Premium
United States
Sturgis, MI
GTP_ty00123
ST185 Toyota Celica GT-Four

shiny1.jpg

Production: 1990 - 1993

Body style: 2 Door Hatch

Engine: 3SGTE 2.0L DOHC, Turbocharged, In-line 4 cylinder.

Transmission: 5 speed manual, full time 4WD with viscous coupling limited slip center differential.

Performance: 165 kW (222 hp) and 304 Nm (224 lb-ft) of torque accelerate the car from 0 to 100kph in 7.9 seconds.

Rally History: Won 16 full WRC series, and 3 overall winner in the W2L series. WRC Driver's Titles with Carlos Sainz in 1992, Juha Kankkunen in 1993, and Didier Auriol in 1994. WRC Manufacturer's Titles in 1993 and 1994.

Won the 1995 European Rally Championship and the 1997 Rally of Malaysia.​

Cool, an older Turbo Toyota. This is when Toyota was awsome. I'd love to get one of these--too bad they never shipped them to America.

For me its Sub-Zero, Its a Reminder of how cool and spirited was toyota back in the day.

SZ Without a Doubt, Its practicly a Car with Soul.

I do believe that anyone that knows what this car is will vote cool, those that don't, are idiots.

Second favorite (sometimes first, depending on how the winds blowing) Celica. This was back when Toyota knew how to make a car, instead of the boring POS's they create today. It won't get you in to the super models bedroom, but a great little car to have fun with.

Cool.

Cool. The generation after this one with the quad headlights would have been sub-zero though.

JCE
Cool, an older Turbo Toyota. This is when Toyota was awsome. I'd love to get one of these--too bad they never shipped them to America.

What? We got the Toyota Celica All-Trac. Same drive-train, 3S-GTE, hood scoop and all. Same for the ST-165, we also have AWD turbo variants of those.

It is cool in my book, just for being semi obscure and a symbol of a company that has forgotten how to do things.

Yeah, cool, I guess. I don't like it as much as the later ST204s, mainly because of the bodystyle, but I do like that it's Rally while being reasonably understated...compared to today's Imprezas and Evos.

Cool. Not Sub-Zero because it isn't an ST205 GT-Four. There's one of those going around town which looks menacing as all hell and I love it.

What? We got the Toyota Celica All-Trac. Same drive-train, 3S-GTE, hood scoop and all. Same for the ST-165, we also have AWD turbo variants of those.

It is cool in my book, just for being semi obscure and a symbol of a company that has forgotten how to do things.

I've never seen one of those on US soil that wasn't imported from Japan. I assumed the all-trac was just a model with AWD but no turbo.

Nope. We got the GT-Four in America all the way up until the ST200 Celica. We just didn't get the special edition version of the car.

Cool-> A car that was forgotten easily because of Toyota's stupid appliance image, the AE86, Supra, and the MR-2. These were the days were Toyota was still a great company (not anymore). :indiff:

-> A car that had a very colorful and decorated history, also one of rally's all time greats! A true rival to the already legendary Delta. :scared:

500x333.aspx

-> I'd say, this is and still is the best Celica ever made. No other Celica (generations) can even touch it. And yes, even the sexy 1st-gen model. :)

Last edited:
Another rally action shot!

st185-safari-93.jpg

Yep, the car is Sub-Zero to me, as well as the ST165s. If I had one i'd prolly be doing about 60mph sideways down some gravel road right now, inches away from rapping it around a tree. :dunce:

Must say liked it from looks.
It took long, but once I got into one, it really feels a lot more sporty from the inside.
Sadly enough did never drive in the past.

Stayed on cool though, just a bit to much available and by some misused to turn the heads of all.

It just screams "cool." It doesn't quite warrant sub-zero, though. nothing in particular about it, but it doesn't hit sub-zero.

The Celica also known as "the frog" for it's looks and it's off the line performance back in those days. Carlos Sainz and Juha Kankkunen gave this car the recognition it deserved through their rally days and that continues to today as you don't find any tossers in these cars, unlike WRX's/Evo's!

Sub-Zero.

Back