GTP IndyCar S2 | Champions - TomMcD & Team Penske! | Awards Announced!

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 2,234 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom.

Premium
England
Sheffield
Tom_97_COD
OGQHm.png

Logo by R1600Turbo

Welcome to the 2nd season of the GTPlanet IndyCar Series, in which the finest open wheel drivers on the planet compete at oval and road courses across America, Asia and Europe in the Formula Gran Turismo. All races will take place in a room hosted by me so please add Tom_97_COD on PSN.

Raceday Schedule
Friday Nights
Free Practice/Shakedown
22:30BST - 23:00BST (17:30 - 18:00 Eastern)
Qualifying 23:00BST - 23:30BST (18:00 - 18:30 Eastern)
Pace Lap & Race 23:30BST (18:30 Eastern)

Driving Assists/Race Info
Skid Recovery
OFF
ASM OFF
ABS & TCS Both limited to 1
All Other Assists Unrestricted
Grip Reduction Real
Draft Strength Weak
Penalties OFF
Damage Heavy

Bump drafting is prohibited on all tracks & 2 wheels must be on the track at all times.

You're allowed one blocking move on a straight to defend your line into a corner, but weaving or multiple moves will be penalised.

Teams

rM7Hn.png

Red Formula Gran Turismo

Driver 1: GTP - TomMcD PSN - Tom_97_COD
Driver 2: GTP - Matty PSN - Mattymc1996

RI8RM.png

Green/White Formula Gran Turismo

Driver 1: GTP - neljack PSN - neljack
Driver 2: GTP - fastfox400 PSN - Fastfox400

aRNzM.jpg

Black/Silver Formula Gran Turismo

Driver 1: GTP - DrifterJoe PSN - JoeOfTheFire
Driver 2: GTP - Knelly PSN - Knelly

bZkGK.png

Yellow/Black Formula Gran Turismo

Driver 1: GTP - ArtMannn PSN - ArtMannn
Driver 2: GTP - gokartman78 PSN - gokartman

IOZcB.png

Blue/White Formula Gran Turismo

Driver 1: GTP - IndyWolf PSN - IndianWolf
Driver 2: GTP - rustyMercedes PSN - FrasierCrane

Hhsh2.jpg

White/Purple Formula Gran Turismo

Driver 1: GTP - Dragonwar233 PSN - ADR_BRONCO
Driver 2: GTP - LILKARL420 PSN - lilkarl727

i4QYg.jpg

Green/Yellow Formula Gran Turismo

Driver 1: GTP - Cowboys965 PSN - Cowboys965
Driver 2: GTP - smuffyatfcp PSN - smuffyatfcp

Freelance Drivers

Driver 1: GTP - LVracerGT PSN - LVracerGT
Driver 2: GTP - MustangRyan PSN - Droptop2001gt
Driver 3: GTP - akmuq PSN - GTP_akmuq
Driver 4: GTP - MÜLE_9242 PSN - MÜLE_9242
Driver 5: GTP - brendanadams01 PSN - BrendanRay

If you wish to sign up, please do so with this form

PSN Account - Tom_97_COD (e.g)
Team - Target Chip Ganassi (e.g)

Please only sign up for the series if you have the coloured car required for that team and can dedicate your time to racing every Friday night.

Last edited:
2012 IndyCar Specifications

All Road Courses

Power - 650bhp
Weight - 710kg
Tires Allowed - Comfort Hard & Comfort Medium
Transmission - Unrestricted

You must use each of the tyre compounds for at least 2 laps each during the race. Failure to do so will result in a penalty.

All Street Courses

Power - 650bhp
Weight - 710kg
Tires Allowed - Comfort Medium & Comfort Soft
Transmission - Unrestricted

You must use each of the tyre compounds for at least 2 laps each during the race. Failure to do so will result in a penalty.

Indianapolis Oval

Power - 848bhp
Weight - 710kg
Tires Allowed - Comfort Hard
Transmission - Reset transmission to default, then set the max speed at the bottom to 236, then put your final gear at 4.212, and 7th gear at 1.366.

Daytona Oval

Power - 650bhp
Weight - 710kg
Transmission - Reset to default. Set max speed at the bottom right to 217mph; leave final gear at 4.212 and 7th gear at 1.465

SSRX

Power - Unlimited
Weight - 550kg
Transmission - Unlimited

Oval Pace Lap Rules

When the race begins, nobody moves from the grid. The safety car will pull up through the field and take the lead; then the IndyCar grid will start rolling behind it. Form up in single file behind the safety car and follow it round the track in qualifying order. Around turn 3 or 4 you must form up in double file or triple file (Depending on track), with the leader getting a choice of which side of the track he wishes to start from. At the end of the lap the safety car will pull into the pits, you should still drive at the speed limit until the first car passes the start line (or the pit wall at Indy) after which we are under green flag conditions.

Indy Oval - 3 wide start @ 80mph
Daytona Oval - 2 wide start @ 100mph

Road Course Pace Lap Rules

Once again, let the safety car through to the front of the pack and follow it around the track in single file. Warming your tyres is allowed, but make sure you leave plenty of room in the corners. If a car has crashed during the lap you are free to pass it if it has left the track or spun. Pace lap speed is 70mph. The safety car will pull in at the end of the lap and then the IndyCar grid will begin to form up on the grid for a standing start. 1st place car will park up in the furthest (and first) grid space and the rest of the cars should park up in their respective grid positions as decided by qualifying. It would be a good idea to familiarise yourself with the grid at each track before the race so you have a vague idea of where to park. A time will then be typed into chat and said down the mic (2.00 e.g); this refers to the race timer at the top right of the screen, when it reaches the time typed onto chat, the race will begin. False starts will be penalised.

Starting From The Pits

If you recieve damage on the formation lap, you may pit at the end of the lap as the rest of the field lines up on the grid (or rolls onto green flag on an oval). But when exiting the pit lane, you must wait until the last car has passed pit exit before you accelerate away. If this hasn't happened by the time you reach pit exit you must brake and wait there until the field has begun the race and passed you.

Pit Lane Rules

On all tracks you have to slow down to 60mph before you enter the pit lane and the computer takes control of your car. There are a couple of tracks that cause issues after the pit though so i'll clear them up:

Indy Superspeedway: On exiting the pit lane and re taking control of the car, do not immediately turn right onto the track after turn 1. Instead, you should follow the inside pit road all the way round and exit after turn 2. There is no speed limit on this pit exit though as it is relatively simple, and slowing down would be pointless. Check that there are no faster cars approaching from behind when you rejoin on the back straight.

Daytona Superspeedway: On exiting the pit lane, stay on the inside of the track (to the left of the yellow line) until you are clear out of turn 2. This is to avoid accidents on the high banking. Speed on this pit exit is unrestricted. Check there are no faster cars approaching from behind when you rejoin on the back straight.

Daytona Road: On this track you must use the extended pit exit road to the left of the regular pit exit, DO NOT rejoin the track straight away to the right. The pit lane speed limit of 60mph still applies in the pit lane extension; you are free to accelerate away when the pit lane wall ends.

On all other tracks the pit entrys and exits are pretty simple, just remember the 60mph entry speed. You must have at least 2 wheels in the pit entry/exit lanes at all times.

Oval Course Cautions

Indy Cautions: 4 caution laps in total. On the first lap everyone gathers behind the safety car. At the start of the second caution lap, the wavearound is given to any cars between the safety car and the race leader. At the end of the second caution lap the pits are open. Cars catch back up to the safety car near/at the end of the third caution lap. Race restarts at the beginning of the pit wall at the end of the 4th lap. Restart speed is 100mph and the restarts will be Single File. NO CAUTIONS IN THE LAST 3 LAPS.

Daytona Cautions: As above, 4 caution laps, race restarts at the start/finish line. Restart speed is 100 mph, single file. NO CAUTIONS IN THE LAST 3 LAPS.

SSRX: Damage is on light, if there is an incident, caution will be called, the field will form up at pace speed and a marker will be set for the restart. Usually a distance on the track (e.g: 9000m).

Road Course Cautions

2 caution laps. Form up behind the safety car as usual but at 70mph, the first caution lap starts when the safety car crosses the line, at this point the wavearound will be called for cars between the safety car and the leader. The pits will be open for the end of this lap, once you have pitted, catch up to the safety car and go single file for the restart at the start/finish line. NO CAUTIONS IN THE LAST 3 LAPS.

Lapped Traffic

Lapped cars, or cars about to be lapped must always yield to lead lap/faster traffic. Any sustained blocking will be penalised.

If a caution comes out in the last 10 laps of the race, there is a special procedure lapped cars must follow. You will follow the caution rules as usual, but after the field has formed up following the pit stops you must pull over at the pit wall (Don't go into the pits themselves) and let the lead lap cars pass you. Once they have all gone by, you are free to rejoin the back of the field ready for the restart. This rule has been implemented so the leaders can fight for the win without having to dodge lapped cars.

Mics

Microphones are very useful for communication during a race, allowing you to ask questions and call out your position on the track to other drivers, useful on ovals. Therefore I recommend having a mic for this series, it's not compulsory but it is advised. During caution periods there shall be no talking on the mics except from me, Joe and the safety car driver. If you do not have a mic, please turn the race sound effects down and turn your TV up so you can hear the announcements being made down the mic.​

Last edited:
Post-Season

So, the season's come to a close and we have our champions. It's been a great few months of racing and I believe we vastly improved on season 1; hopefully with the new regulations and rules, next season will be better still. Thanks to all of you for sticking with the series through thick and thin, here's to S3 :cheers:

Tom

Schedule

Pre-Season Test – Open Session @ Spa-Francorchamps 1st - Pagey
Pre-Season Race – 100 miles/28 + 1 laps @ Monza No Chicane 1st - Tom

Round 1 - Brickyard 200 – 200 miles/80 + 1 laps @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1st - IndyWolf

Round 2 - Shell GP of Indiana - 100 miles/38 + 1 laps @ Indianapolis Road Course 1st - Joe

Round 3 - Indy Japan 100 – 100 miles/31 + 1 laps @ Tokyo R246 Reverse 1st - Joe

Round 4 - IZOD Twilight 100 - 100 miles/43 + 1 laps @ Special Stage Route 5 1st - Joe

Round 5 - Red Bull 200 - 200 miles/11 laps @Special Stage Route X 1st - Knelly

Exhibition - Fight Before The 500 - 100 miles/40 + 1 laps @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1st - IndyWolf

Exhibition - Firestone Freedom 100 - 100 miles/40 + 1 laps @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1st - Furinkazen

Round 6 - The Indianapolis 500 Mile Race – 500 miles/200 laps @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1st - ADR_BRONCO

Round 7 - Daytona Twin 100’s – 2 x 100 miles/40 +1 laps @ Daytona Superspeedway 1st - (R1) Tom & (R2) Matty

Round 8 - Toyota GP - 100 miles/40 + 1 laps @ High Speed Ring 1st - Knelly

Round 9 - Firestone Gran Premio de España - 100 miles/47 + 1 laps @ Circuito de Madrid Reverse 1st - Tom

Round 10 - Pirelli Gran Premio d'Italia – 100 miles/46 + 1 laps @ Rome Street Circuit 1st - Tom

Round 11 - The Monterey Ton - 100 miles/45 + 1 laps @ Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway 1st - Spurgy

Round 12 - DW IndyCar World Championship – 250 miles/162 + 6 laps* @ Motegi Superspeedway 1st - Tom

*The season finale will feature 5, silent, 3 wide laps in memory of the late, great Daniel Clive Wheldon. This will be followed by a regular formation lap prior to the green flag.

The IZOD Dan Wheldon Challenge

2011 Indy 500 winner Dan Wheldon was set a challenge in the last race of the the season at Las Vegas, to start from last place and win. Unfortunately he was killed in a horrific accident during the race, but as a tribute to him this challenge has been created. Whoever wins the Indianapolis 500, should they choose to accept the challenge, will start from the back of the field at the IZOD IndyCar World Championship race at Daytona. If they manage to win the race, every driver that takes place in the season finale will have to send a prize car to the winner.

~ADR_BRONCO will attempt the challenge following his Indy 500 win ~

~ADR didn't attend the DW World Championship Race and failed the challenge ~​

Last edited:
Points System

1st place = 50 points
2nd place = 40 points
3rd place = 35 points
4th place = 32 points
5th place = 30 points
6th place = 28 points
7th place = 26 points
8th place = 24 points
9th place = 22 points
10th place = 20 points
11th place = 19 points
12th place = 18 points
13th place = 17 points
14th place = 16 points
15th place = 15 points

Pole Position = 1 Point
Most Laps Led = 2 Points

You are permitted to drop your worst result as long as it isn't the Indy 500 or the IndyCar World Championship race. If it is, your next worst will be selected.

The top two points scorers for each team will have their points count towards the constructors championship.

Causing an incident or not following the rules will result in a penalty of 5 championship points. Any subsequent incidents in the same race will result in 2 extra points deducted. So for example, if somebody gets a penalty for reckless driving and then overtakes during a caution they will lose 7 points in all.

Drivers Championship

NyGXm.png

(F) stands for 'Freelance Driver'. These drivers can earn team points for any team with only 1 other driver in the race.

Red indicates a drop week, yellow indicates a win.

Constructors Championship

Xw7rJh.png

n8C9X.png

GTP IndyCar Championship: Automatically awarded to the points leader at the close of the season. Winner - TomMcD

GTP IndyCar Constructors Championship: Automatically awarded to the team points leader at the close of the season. Winners - Team Penske

Borg-Warner Trophy: Automatically awarded to the winner of the Indianapolis 500. Winner - ADR_BRONCO

Race Battle of the Season: Awarded to the two (or more) drivers that put on the best battle for a position (not necessarily the lead) in a single race. The longer and cleaner the battle, the better. Winners - Tom & Joe for the win @ Tokyo R246 (Indy Japan 100)

Rookie of the Season: Awarded to the best driver for this season, that participated in no more than 4 races last season. Winner - Neljack

Unluckiest Driver of the Season: Awarded to the driver that exhibits the worst luck, through no fault of his own, over the course of the season. Winner - Matty

Driver Rivalry of the Season: Awarded to the drivers that have the best rivalry for the season. A good rivalry should involve battling each other for poles, wins, finishing positions, laps led, or team owner points. Winners - Joe vs Tom for the championship

Driver's Driver of the Season: The driver that everyone respects for their high level of performance and clean driving habits. Winner - Tom

Most feared driver: The driver, that with one lap to go, you absolutely do not want to see in your rear view mirror. Winner - Joe

Best Oval driver: The driver that you think is the best all-around driver at Daytona, Indy, SSRX, and Motegi. Winner - Knelly

Best Road Course driver: The driver that you think is the best all-around driver at the road and street courses. Winner - Tom

Note - Voting opens after the finale and will be open for a week. All votes are to be PM'ed to me for confirmation (if you don't, they won't count), but you're more than welcome to share your picks on the thread.

Last edited:
Woohoo still made it as first non Tom post for two seasons in a row.. :)

Would have been sooner but my WiFi died, in a guests room in my house and I had to become a ninja for a bit.. :dopey:

:confused:

KV Racing should be green and yellow. Lotus should be Yellow and black.

And Andretti should get one of the blues.

Woohoo still made it as first non Tom post for two seasons in a row.. :)

Would have been sooner but my WiFi died, in a guests room in my house and I had to become a ninja for a bit.. :dopey:

Signed you up already, check out the schedule man 👍

The jury is still out on tyres; Knelly, Joe and myself were considering a change to softer compounds.

Cowboys - I kept Andretti as yellow as Ryan HR drives the yellow car still. The mass of Lotus teams meant I simply replaced KV with Dryer and Reinbold Lotus.

I considered having individual coloured cars for teams but it's just too complicated. Maybe next season.

Cowboys965
:confused:

KV Racing should be green and yellow. Lotus should be Yellow and black.

There is no KV racing.. :) pay attention..

TomMcD

The jury is still out on tyres; Knelly, Joe and myself were considering a change to softer compounds.

I like the comfort tyres, I'd be worried if I seen joe on a softer tyre.. :nervous:

Check schedule, may miss the SSRX race as I didn't bother buying it cause if last seasons shocker..

TomMcD

Cowboys - I kept Andretti as yellow as Ryan HR drives the yellow car still. The mass of Lotus teams meant I simply replaced KV with Dryer and Reinbold Lotus.

But how could you replace the awesome team with the bad one? Marco ANDRETTI drives a blue ANDRETTI car. :P

Last edited:
But how could you replace the awesome team with the bad one!? Marco ANDRETTI drives a blue ANDRETTI car.

Fine man, if I make Andretti blue; what team can I put as either...

-White
-Purple/White
-Yellow/Black
-Orange

KV Racing are now Lotus powered anyway, as are a lot of the teams in the field.

Rubens Barichello drives a blue car, which made things simpler if I just put RHR as the yellow Andretti.

TomMcD
Fine man, if I make Andretti blue; what team can I put as either...

-White
-Purple/White
-Yellow/Black
-Orange

KV Racing are now Lotus powered anyway, as are a lot of the teams in the field.

Put Spyker in for orange as a joke ;)

Right, I'll change....

Lotus DRR to Black/Yellow
Andretti to Blue
Drop Bryan Herta
Add KV as the Green/Yellow Car

TomMcD
Right, I'll change....

Lotus DRR to Black/Yellow
Andretti to Blue
Drop Bryan Herta
Add KV as the Green/Yellow Car

You can never win.. :lol:

We're sorted now, who are you running for then Cowboys? KV I presume?

Any dates set? I'm presuming start after Easter, for practice anyway..

You may as well put Joe and Knelly down for team Penske.. :)

EDIT: Never mind the second bit..

Nice.. Did you do that all on your phone? :nervous:

The open test will be a week on Friday probably 👍

I'll put you and Smuffy down for KV Cowboys?

Cowboys965
I'm just showing off to you now. :lol:

But I can't edit or copy link with PhotoBucket on mine.. :nervous:

TomMcD
Answer the question man! You were the one moaning about teams :P

Wow, 21 guests viewing the thread.
HVM.

Just kidding. KV of course! I'm pretty sure Smuffy's staying too.

Matty
But I can't edit or copy link with PhotoBucket on mine.. :nervous:

Get a new phone.

Cowboys965
HVM.

Just kidding. KV of course! I'm pretty sure Smuffy's staying too.

Get a new phone.

I can edit on my iPhone.. But that's all..

Can't link it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back