GTP IndyCar S2 | Champions - TomMcD & Team Penske! | Awards Announced!

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 2,234 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule all correct I think, not sure whether a tyre compound change is necessary or not. If you and Joe think it is, we'll convene and discuss it 👍

Standing starts should be really interesting this season.

Nice to see all is ready to go. I am waiting to hear about my Doorman licence, if I get it (3 weeks) I may become unavailable on Friday nights. Just a pre warning 👍

Okay man, I'm sure we could line up a replacement. What are the chances of you getting it? 👍

Pretty good mate, I passed the physical intervention with 100% just waiting to find out about the written exams now. Keep your eye open for a replacement just in case, I am pretty sure its a given that I will be working within the month 👍

Pretty good mate, I passed the physical intervention with 100% just waiting to find out about the written exams now. Keep your eye open for a replacement just in case, I am pretty sure its a given that I will be working within the month 👍

Best of luck mate, I'll try and arrange one 👍

berty1979
Nice to see all is ready to go. I am waiting to hear about my Doorman licence, if I get it (3 weeks) I may become unavailable on Friday nights. Just a pre warning 👍

*Thinking of clever pun*

Feel free to drag in anybody you know to fill up the grid lads 👍

Post on the NASCAR threads mate, should get interest there.

As for tyres, definitely fine for ovals unless you want to make wear an issue.

Road courses they are fine on most (unless you want wear to factor as well) but the one that might need something stickier is SSR5. Worth a test session though.

Well there's two options in my mind, since I don't want to change tyres just for one track....

- Keep the same compounds.

-Switch to Sports Hard (Ovals) and Sports Mediums/Softs (Road)

How about say, comfort medium for ovals and comfort soft, sports hards for everywhere else?

It's just I don't want to lose the fact we use comfort tyres..

TomMcD
Well there's two options in my mind, since I don't want to change tyres just for one track....

- Keep the same compounds.

-Switch to Sports Hard (Ovals) and Sports Mediums/Softs (Road)

I for one like the old tires.

I for one like the old tires.

May just keep it the same. Or how about having softer compounds for the street courses than the road courses?

-Comfort Hard as an Oval only tyre.
-Comfort Mediums & Softs on Permenant Road Courses
-Sports Hards & (Medium or Softs?) on Street Circuits

Everybody was moaning about the difficulty of the street tracks, more grip will ensure less incidents.

TomMcD
May just keep it the same. Or how about having softer compounds for the street courses than the road courses?

-Comfort Hard as an Oval only tyre.
-Comfort Mediums & Softs on Permenant Road Courses
-Sports Hards & (Medium or Softs?) on Street Circuits

Everybody was moaning about the difficulty of the street tracks, more grip will ensure less incidents.

Better idea, taken from the likes of F1, and you may agree.

Ovals, Comfort hards only.
Roads, comfort mediums and softs( or hards)
Streets, comfort mediums/softs comfort softs/ sports hards?

Good idea me thinks, for road and street courses you have to use both compounds as ever.

Bang on, the street compounds will require testing. I'll update the OP with the new road course tyres.

Hi There,

I would like to join:

PSN Account - ArtMannn
Team - Lotus (Yellow and Black FGT)

If the Yellow one is taken i also have a White and Purple.

Hi There,

I would like to join:

PSN Account - ArtMannn
Team - Lotus (Yellow and Black FGT)

If the Yellow one is taken i also have a White and Purple.

Brilliant, welcome to the series man, that's absolutely fine 👍

Keep an eye on the thread as the pre season test will most likely be in the next week or so.

TomMcD
Bang on, the street compounds will require testing. I'll update the OP with the new road course tyres.

Okay, here's what I would honestly love as tyres for the season as my post seems confusing, even to myself.

Keep oval and road the same.

Change street to comfort mediums/softs.

Last edited:
Okay, here's what I would honestly live as tyres for the season as my post seems confusing, even to myself.

Keep oval and road the same.

Change street to comfort mediums/softs.

Right, I get you. I'll put this down as the settings for the moment as I would like to stick to one set of tyres (comfort).

I can't guarantee every race this season, so put me down as reserve if possible.:)

Start time is still too early for me. 18:00 Eastern is 5 pm my time and I will still be at work 👎

I would say put me down as a reserve but I'm starting a new job and I will be working every Friday. Any chance we could go back to a US/UK format if I can get enough interest? I really wanna race in the series but I can't make the UK times.

TomMcD
Team?

No worries man, how many do you reckon you'll make? 👍

Imagine Akmuq as our reserve? :drool:

Would make the constructors very interesting indeed.. ;)

@LVracerGT
Would you be able to make 5:30? And sacrifice qualifying?

Team?

No worries man, how many do you reckon you'll make? 👍
Not sure but....
I would say put me down as a reserve but I'm starting a new job and I will be working every Friday. Any chance we could go back to a US/UK format if I can get enough interest? I really wanna race in the series but I can't make the UK times.
....that would be perfect for me.;) I think 2 separate times would work together if done properly, having the middle of the week qualifying would work better for this format though which would require a change.
Imagine Akmuq as our reserve? :drool:

Would make the constructors very interesting indeed.. ;)
Sounds good, we all know Matty is rubbish on a road course.:sly:

Akmuq
Sounds good, we all know Matty is rubbish on a road course.:sly:

I think you'll find I was stronger at road courses last season.. ;)

I really really do not want to go back to two divisions. It just results in poor turnouts, even in more established series than this one. Our first season for example was an unmitigated disaster, it was just too complicated for words.

Okay Ak, what colour FGT have you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back