GTP IndyCar S2 | Champions - TomMcD & Team Penske! | Awards Announced!

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 2,234 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's two guys I've PM'ed saying 'buy another FGT' and I've got no replies :banghead:

Mudd said he's still working out his schedule and I've PM'ed lots of other guys.

Tonight I'll be putting up more info about the open test taking place next week and a general overview of what it is 👍

I may join this series, but can someone give me a better explanation or example of the pace lap rules

I may join this series, but can someone give me a better explanation or example of the pace lap rules

Basically on the ovals it's a rolling start, simples. On the road courses you drive a pace lap as normal but instead of a rolling start you park up on the grid as you would in real life, then I shout a time on the in game timer from which you can launch. I may put a photo of every track's grid up as an example to make things easier; it's easy in principle but hard to explain.

Let me know which team man 👍

PSN Account - IndianWolf
Team - Dragon Racing

Ill sign up yay ^_^

Awesome, welcome! Stay tuned for info on the open test, coming later 👍

Oh and don't forget to add me on PSN mate.

TomMcD
Basically on the ovals it's a rolling start, simples. On the road courses you drive a pace lap as normal but instead of a rolling start you park up on the grid as you would in real life, then I shout a time on the in game timer from which you can launch. I may put a photo of every track's grid up as an example to make things easier; it's easy in principle but hard to explain.

Let me know which team man 👍

Read the FMSC (Flying' Miata Super Cup) pace lap, it works much better.

You all do qualy, record times, then rest track, you all enter the track and park up in grid order in practice mode, so when you start the race, you start in the correct position. 👍

Read the FMSC pace lap, it works much better.

You all do qualy, record times, then rest track, you all enter the track and park up in grid order in practice mode, so when you start the race, you start in the correct position. 👍

That's not really the point man, I think he misunderstood what I meant by gridding. That procedure is unnecessary for us as we don't do super lap qualifying. I'll take pics of the grid like FMSC do so people know where to park though 👍

EDIT: We do quali as usual then the race starts. We do a pace lap as usual but then instead of a rolling start we park up in the grid spots depending on quali position, I call out the time to 'launch' you get me?

TomMcD
That's not really the point man, I think he misunderstood what I meant by gridding. That procedure is unnecessary for us as we don't do super lap qualifying. I'll take pics of the grid like FMSC do so people know where to park though 👍

EDIT: We do quali as usual then the race starts. We do a pace lap as usual but then instead of a rolling start we park up in the grid spots depending on quali position, I call out the time to 'launch' you get me?

I understand, but this way the race just starts on the normal timer, no misconceptions about the timer.

I understand, but this way the race just starts on the normal timer, no misconceptions about the timer.

The reason I prefer it this way as everything flows with no loading screens between them, having the pace lap before the race misses the point entirely. Any false starts or 'illegal positioning' on the grid will be penalised so there's nothing to be worried about really 👍

EDIT: Here's your event briefing gentlemen....

Pre-Season Test Session @ Spa Francorchamps
Friday 13th April 2012

circuit_map_belgium.jpg

Everybody at IndyCar is gearing up for the new season and it's looking like it's going to be a very exciting few months of racing. With the season opener only a couple of weeks away it's time to pull your FGT out of the team garage and ship it to Belgium because the pre-season testing is taking place at the historic Spa-Francorchamps circuit. This will be a 3 hour session beginning at 22:00BST and ending at 1:00BST (roughly 17-20:00 Eastern) and will involve lots of 20 or so lap sessions in 'race mode', but this is no race. You can put in as many or as few laps as you want, spend 20 minutes in the pits if you want, but the aim is to post the quickest time possible; each session will obviously end shortly after somebody has completed the allotted number of 'race' laps, in which case I'll record all times from that session and just start another. I'll then compile all the fastest laps and post them on the thread; hide your speed in pre-season or go for the fastest time regardless, it's your decision. Any questions on this are welcome, I understand it's a tricky concept to get your head around. Can't wait to see you all back on track 👍

Tom McDonald

IndyCar Race Director

Last edited:
Quite a lot of rounds aren't there Tom?

I don't think SSR5 without lights and such a tight track will work well...

Last edited:
I'm considering an earlier start time.....

I've PM'ed the guys who I think will be most affected by such an event, and the decision will hang on what they say because two of them are veterans of this series and have been here since day 1.

I'm considering an earlier start time.....

I've PM'ed the guys who I think will be most affected by such an event, and the decision will hang on what they say because two of them are veterans of this series and have been here since day 1.

I'm going to take a guess and say those two are Team Penske?

If I were to predict the results of there answers.

Joe:Yes
Knelly:No

I'm going to take a guess and say those two are Team Penske?

If I were to predict the results of there answers.

Joe:Yes
Knelly:No

Nope. Knelly and Cowboys, I'm sure Joe will make it.

Knelly can definitely make half an hour earlier so it's looking as though we may do that. I'm negotiating an even earlier time.

After consultation, all times have been knocked half an hour earlier 👍

Raceday Schedule
Friday Nights
Free Practice/Shakedown
22:00BST - 22:30BST (17:00 - 17:30 Eastern)
Qualifying 22:30BST - 23:00BST (17:30 - 18:00 Eastern)
Pace Lap & Race 23:00BST (18:00 Eastern)

Knelly
Sorry guys but that's already pushing it for me.

👎

I can live with a 11:30 start, and it seemed to suite most until now?

Keep them for the sake of team Penske.

👎

I can live with a 11:30 start, and it seemed to suite most until now?

Keep them for the sake of team Penske.

I think Knelly's apologising for not being able to go earlier. I discussed this with him and he said half an hour earlier was fine 👍

TomMcD
I think Knelly's apologising for not being able to go earlier. I discussed this with him and he said half an hour earlier was fine 👍

Oh right, thought he was pulling out. But as I said most were fine with a 11:30 start till now, why change something that's not broken? Fill me in please before I make a fool of myself again, if I haven't already :lol:

Oh right, thought he was pulling out. But as I said most were fine with a 11:30 start till now, why change something that's not broken? Fill me in please before I make a fool of myself again, if I haven't already :lol:

It's to make things slightly easier for guys in the UK as you may have noticed we only have a couple of guys from the US so we don't have to go so late really. Chqr will be able to make some races this season this way and some other guys I know might also 👍

Hey guys,
I'm interested in this series and am signing up for the pre-season test session at Spa, if all goes well then I will sign up for the new season 👍

PSN account: Pagey279
Team: Lotus HVM

Never tried driving the FGT on anything other than racing tyres though.....I could be in for a shock tomorrow morning when I try things out :D

Hey guys,
I'm interested in this series and am signing up for the pre-season test session at Spa, if all goes well then I will sign up for the new season 👍

PSN account: Pagey279
Team: Lotus HVM

Never tried driving the FGT on anything other than racing tyres though.....I could be in for a shock tomorrow morning when I try things out :D

Welcome mate, you'll be in for a pleasant surprise as it handles quite well :)

Oh great.. Somebody fast..

I think you'll find them alright.. Remember me in Berty's lobby on comfort tyres? They are surprisingly grippy ;)

10 guys signed up now. 4 more pending, Mudd, James, Karl and Tom (Other Tom).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back