GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the first and last race being the biggest, I would suggest only being able to drop one race between race 2 and 9, if you decide to allow a drop at all. You wouldn't want the points leader to be able to skip week 10 and still win the championship, unless he had more points in his best 8 weeks than anyone else could get in their 9 best results.

EDIT - If one result is allowed to be dropped, points would have to be counted two different ways until week 9. Total Points 1 would be all total points and Total Points 2 would be your current total points, if your worst race result is already counted as dropped. After week 9, Total Points 2 is what you've got going into the season finale.

Example:

Chqr: 20, 16, 8, 14 = 58 points (50 points, dropping 8)
Tom: 16, 18, 0, 20 = 54 points (54 points, dropping 0)
Carbon: 18, 20, 14, 12 = 64 points (52 points, dropping 12)

I get you, think that's a good compromise 👍

I forgot that Furi has TOCA starting up again after WSM. The only race he may be able to make is the one on the 28th (40 laps at Daytona).

If anyone is interested, I have a Truck Series test room open now. And TOCA is on after WSM.

I forgot that Furi has TOCA starting up again after WSM. The only race he may be able to make is the one on the 28th (40 laps at Daytona).

So I'll be doing all of them pretty much?

Also what's with the two week gap between rounds 5 & 6?

EDIT: Ah I see. It's supposed to be for the 'All Star Weekend' but Chqr has put it a week early; we should be skipping the 28th of April.

So I'll be doing all of them pretty much?

Also what's with the two week gap between rounds 5 & 6?

I think that's when the all star race takes place. (I'll check)

EDIT: Nope, all star race is on the 28th.

I think that's when the all star race takes place. (I'll check)

EDIT: Nope, all star race is on the 28th.

Exactly, I think Chqr has got mixed up as we start the regular season a week earlier here than the Sprint Cup. COPD 300 is next Saturday, but the 500 isn't for another fortnight.

We'll have to get him to change it so the 2 week break is between rounds 6 & 7 👍

Just so the full-time Nationwide drivers know, you guys are invited to run in the Sprint All-Star Open Qualifying Race. If you finish in the top 2 of the Open race, you'll advance to the Sprint All-Star Main Event. Win that, and you get a guaranteed starting spot in the All-Star Race for the next 5 seasons. The Sprint All-Star Race should definitely be on the Nationwide calendar.

Exactly, I think Chqr has got mixed up as we start the regular season a week earlier here than the Sprint Cup. COPD 300 is next Saturday, but the 500 isn't for another fortnight.

We'll have to get him to change it so the 2 week break is between rounds 6 & 7 👍

I was under the impression that the Nationwide's 10-race season would mirror that of the Sprint Cup regular season.

Just so the full-time Nationwide drivers know, you guys are invited to run in the Sprint All-Star Open Qualifying Race. If you finish in the top 2 of the Open race, you'll advance to the Sprint All-Star Main Event. Win that, and you get a guaranteed starting spot in the All-Star Race for the next 5 seasons. The Sprint All-Star Race should definitely be on the Nationwide calendar.

I was under the impression that the Nationwide's 10-race season would mirror that of the Sprint Cup regular season.

Is that for Nationwide drivers only?

Nope, since we don't have a chase we balanced out the schedule with more road courses. The first 6-7 races I think are the same, another Daytona was added as there's only one in the Cup regular season.

And as far as I know Carb it's open to all NW and Sprint drivers.

Is that for Nationwide drivers only?

The Open qualifying race is for all drivers that do not otherwise qualify to start in the Main Event race. The Open will be for all full-time Nationwide Drivers and Sprint Cup drivers that do not have a Sprint Cup points race win in season 2 or 3.

So far, the only drivers qualified to run in the Main Event race are:

RFLX_Niop, JoeOfTheFire, Homeslice47, Droptop2001gt, Knelly, M-Stall41, and ACDCROCKS123

There are still 5 Sprint Cup points races to be run in season 3 before the All-Star race, so there could be as many as 5 more drivers qualified before we get to the All-Star race. Everyone else is eligible to race in the open race, where the top 2 finishers will join the drivers listed above.

The 2 week gap would match up with the all star race if we started this 1 week later (at the same time as the sprint cup). Maybe we could throw in another pre-season race next week instead of starting a week earlier than sprint cup?

The 2 week gap would match up with the all star race if we started this 1 week later (at the same time as the sprint cup). Maybe we could throw in another pre-season race next week instead of starting a week earlier than sprint cup?

Sure, put it to Chqr when he's online.

Would give more time to get teams together. No one is going anywhere. And scheduling being married up makes great sense (my idea originally if I recall) :sly:

I'm in support of this.👍(Mainly cause I won't be around next week)

Folks, we shall postpone the start of the season till the 31st March and we shall have an All-Star Weekend where there will be no Nationwide races instead, the Sprint Cup All-Star Race.

Calendar amendments, graphics and final thread posts coming tomorrow before testing.

Folks, we shall postpone the start of the season till the 31st March and we shall have an All-Star Weekend where there will be no Nationwide races instead, the Sprint Cup All-Star Race.

Calendar amendments, graphics and final thread posts coming tomorrow before testing.

That works better for WSM a little as well 👍

Chqr

I thought Round 1 of the Cup was on the 24th?

DrifterJoe
Yep, pre-season is on the 17th and the first round is on the 24th.

So surely Round 1 of this should be the 24th Chqr? That way the gap week can still be between rounds 5 and 6.

So there are going to be changes in the calendar?

Winter Test still tomorrow?

Winter test is tomorrow. There will likely be another test race on March 17th, and the season will start with race #1 on March 24th.

Race day fellas, can't wait to get on track with all you guys 👍

Also, I'd say it's the team's responsibility to make sure you get your drivers to the race or sort out a stand in ASAP. Neither me or Chqr are going to be chasing anyone up aside from a last minute PSN message for example.

Indeed. A Race Preview and Announcement coming in around 30 minutes.

Updating graphics and the field.

Best of luck tonight, if ya can't make it to this there are seats in my World Sportscar Masters series at Daytona Road, running same time. Good luck 👍

Back