GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello everyone. How can I join a team, if there is still one available?

PM 'DrifterJoe' if you want to join Ford

OR

'SUfan21' if you want to join JGR.

I recommend the former ;) Best of luck applying.

PM 'DrifterJoe' if you want to join Ford

OR

'SUfan21' if you want to join JGR.

I recommend the former ;) Best of luck applying.

As far as I know the third seat at JGR is going to be Split up between the Sprint cup guys... All I know is that my #11 Fedex JGR Toyota is ready to roll.

JR Motorsports will be fielding a 3rd car and run two #14 cars. Expect a press release from Knelly in the not-to-distant future regarding the driver of that car.

JR Motorsports will be fielding a 3rd car and run two #14 cars. Expect a press release from Knelly in the not-to-distant future regarding the driver of that car.

Do you mean just a third driver (reserve/parttime/backup?) Or an actual 3rd car? And why?? I thought there was no changing rules and format once we decided on owning a team as it came with certain expectations.

And not to mention that rick ware, and JGR need to fill their seats and you are going to add a car to your team. I thought you picked a limited team specifically against these reasons?

Last edited:
I understand that this was agreed with Drop and Tom before any decision was made. However, I will get them (with Niop) to confirm this before I reveal our third Full Time NNS Driver. 👍

PS: Don't shoot the messenger :nervous:

Ownership System

Every driver will be part of a team for the whole season. There are five team owners, determined by the GTP Sprint Cup Series last season's points standings. The five team owners are:

Richard Childress Racing: (CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83)
Joe Gibbs Racing: (M-Stall41)
Rick Ware Racing: (JoeOfTheFire)
Red Bull Racing: (FunkyDucks)
JR Motorsports: (RFLX_Niop)

It is the responsibility of the team owners to fill the seats on their team with full-time drivers, in order to compete for the season-long Team Owner's Championship. The available cars for each team are:

Richard Childress Racing - #24, #48, #88
Joe Gibbs Racing - #11, #18, #20
Rick Ware Racing - #43, #99
Red Bull Racing - #83, #83
JR Motorsports - #14, #42

That gives us 12 cars to choose from five different teams for this season. Dependent on lag and turnouts, we may allow for Red Bull Racing, Rick Ware Racing and JR Motorsports to run a 3rd car.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6749187#post6749187

EDIT - JGR is full, despite only having 2 full-time NW drivers. We are rotating Sprint Cup drivers through our #20 Nationwide car, just like the real Joe Gibbs Racing team. Expect to see Hamlin, Busch, and Logano splitting time in that car.

Last edited:
As stated, if adding this car creates more lag then the deal won't be done.

As stated, if adding this car creates more lag then the deal won't be done.

We'll (Me and Chqr) decide after the pre season on Saturday whether another car is OK for Ford and JGR, chances are it will be. So it's imperative you all show up this weekend 👍

Just to clear things up, the 3rd JGR car will be have a rotating cast of drivers. Myself, Drop, ACDC, and Dexter will all split that 3rd car. We are, however, looking at some options at giving a Truck Series or non-NASCAR driver an opportunity to run a race or two in the 18 via the still-in-development JGR Talent Search Program.

As COO of Nationwide Stewart-Ganassi Racing, I am proud to announce the arrival of Trynor88 to the team.

Trynor88 will be driving the 2010 #14, alongside team-mates Chqr and D4lvy_ as part of the new programme to progress into The Sprint Cup.

However, Trynor88 does not come without pedigree, as the inaugral champion of NATG, the NASCAR league hosted by Niop. Therefore, SGR expect greatness to shine throughout the road courses especially, as well as solid teamwork through the three seats that are now filled.

We welcome Trynor88 and look forward to seeing what he is capable of with Nationwide specs in his #14.

Welcome aboard 👍

As COO of Nationwide Stewart-Ganassi Racing, I am proud to announce the arrival of Trynor88 to the team.

Trynor88 will be driving the 2010 #14, alongside team-mates Chqr and D4lvy_ as part of the new programme to progress into The Sprint Cup.

However, Trynor88 does not come without pedigree, as the inaugral champion of NATG, the NASCAR league hosted by Niop. Therefore, SGR expect greatness to shine throughout the road courses especially, as well as solid teamwork through the three seats that are now filled.

We welcome Trynor88 and look forward to seeing what he is capable of with Nationwide specs in his #14.

Welcome aboard 👍
Great acquisition, guys! 👍

Sorry for the delay in the past few days. Achilles tendonitis and other issues have put me out of reach with the outside world. Updating OP.

Rick Ware and JR, presume you guys will be running a 3rd car for the season as SGR has already snapped up their 3rd car seat. Of course, irl, your teams are indeed 3 Car Teams. Simple math will tell me that 5 teams of 3 cars gives us 15 racers in a 16 driver max. lobby.

We shall see whether or not lag, bug and turnouts will mean the field will have to be restricted. I will endeavour to keep mics on and have a 12 race car lag free lobby but as of recently a 16 race car lag free lobby is looking better.

Last edited:
Chqr, Rick Ware Racing will be doing the same as JGR with our second car and rotating it between sprint cup drivers, though Furi will be unable to run nearly all of the races due to his WSM championship.

Chqr, Rick Ware Racing will be doing the same as JGR with our second car and rotating it between sprint cup drivers, though Furi will be unable to run nearly all of the races due to his WSM championship.

No problem, sorry for lack of punctuation and grammar but I also got a broken finger lol. :grumpy:

No problem, sorry for lack of punctuation and grammar but I also got a broken finger lol. :grumpy:

Will you actually be able to race Saturday? :lol:

I assume you're hosting the room man 👍

A few drivers are signed up for Furi's WSM as well as this, and they run at the same time. So they'll have to decide which series they want to race in.

A few drivers are signed up for Furi's WSM as well as this, and they run at the same time. So they'll have to decide which series they want to race in.

If any spare drivers from Nationwide want to race in WSM they can, as I know a few of you have alternating seats.

If any spare drivers from Nationwide want to race in WSM they can, as I know a few of you have alternating seats.

I decided against it in the end as I'm having enough trouble keeping up with everything in all my current series that are on the go.

Once I've gotten most of my testing for them out of the way, I may have time. Right now I still have 2 or 3 NASCAR trucks setups to do, all the IROC setups (I don't even know the tracks for that other than Indy and Daytona), and I have to redo my sprint cup setups as well as adjusting them for nationwide. I also just found something I need to test for the IndyCar race at Daytona. (My teammate does all the testing for Mercedes in 90's DTM before sending us the setups in the week before the races, so I'm doing no work there other than a couple of laps to get used to the car, track and setups)

I'm on Drop's team, when is the first race?

From the OP:

10th March 2012 - Daytona Winter Testing (50 laps at Daytona Superspeedway)

1) 17th March 2012 - DRIVE4COPD 300 (120 laps at Daytona Superspeedway)
2) 24th March 2012 - Indy 100 (40 laps at Indy Superspeedway)
3) 31st March 2012 - NASCAR Italia (20 laps at Monza No Chicane)
4) 7th April 2012 - Subway Jalapeno 250 (14 laps at SSRX)
5) 14th April 2012 - NASCAR Espana (50 laps at Madrid Mini)
6) 28th April 2012 - Daytona 100 (40 laps at Daytona Superspeedway)
7) 5th May 2012 - Southern 200 (** laps at Toscana Oval)
8) 12th May 2012 - NASCAR Japan (50 laps at Suzuka East)
9) 19th May 2012 - 40 at the Valley (40 laps at Grand Valley East/Reverse)
10) 26th May 2012 - Brickyard 200 (80 laps at Indianapolis Superspeedway)

Fear not, my Nationwide team! The Daytona setup will be finished today. I was unable to make my own due to being busy and not being too good at tuning for Daytona anyway, so I got my Sprint Cup season 2 teammate (homeslice47) to send me his Daytona setup to use and adjust. (he'd sent it previously for one of our S2 races but I didn't have time to test it how I wanted, so I didn't use it and ended up deleting it)

I'm hoping to get it done and sent out before our IndyCar race tonight.

EDIT: Furi's WSM has its final race on the 21st of April, so he will be able to drive in Nationwide for the second half of the season.

Me and Tom will probably share the car in the first half of the season (5 points races and the pre-season tomorrow) and then I'll try and work it out so all 3 drivers get close to the same amount of races.

Of course if nobody else wants to join our team, we may have 2 sprint cup drivers in each race, taking up the second and third cars.

I'll try and sort out how we'll share the 2 cars in the second half of the season, but right now I think me and Tom will be in two of the cars for the first half of the season.

EDIT: This shows who will probably run at each race. (8 races each for me and Tom, and 5 for Furi)

10th March - Pre-season (50 laps at Daytona Superspeedway) - F_Filipe, JoeOfTheFire, Tom_97_COD
17th March - (120 laps at Daytona Superspeedway) - F_Filipe, JoeOfTheFire, Tom_97_COD
24th March - (40 laps at Indy Superspeedway) - F_Filipe, JoeOfTheFire, Tom_97_COD
31st March - (20 laps at Monza No Chicane) - F_Filipe, JoeOfTheFire, EMPTY (Tom will be in Madrid)
7th April - (14 laps at SSRX) - F_Filipe, JoeOfTheFire, Tom_97_COD
14th April - (50 laps at Madrid Mini) - F_Filipe, JoeOfTheFire, Tom_97_COD
28th April - (40 laps at Daytona Superspeedway) - F_Filipe, Furinkazen, Tom_97_COD
5th May - Southern 200 (120 laps at created Darlington) - F_Filipe, Furinkazen, Tom_97_COD
12th May - NASCAR Japan (50 laps at Suzuka East) - F_Filipe, Furinkazen, JoeOfTheFire
19th May - 40 at the Valley (40 laps at Grand Valley East/Reverse) - F_Filipe, Furinkazen, JoeOfTheFire
26th May - Brickyard 200 (80 laps at Indianapolis Superspeedway) - F_Filipe, Furinkazen, Tom_97_COD

Chqr- I worked out that 200 miles at the created Darlington track will be 120 laps. (200/1.67=119.76 Round it up and you get 120 laps)

Last edited:
Not got anybody lined up at the moment to take the other seat Joe? I think remaining drivers are thin on the ground now.

I don't know anyone else who is interested, sadly.

Me neither. Well we don't have any issues with 2 Sprint Cup drivers making every race (aside from Monza), so we're good 👍

Me neither. Well we don't have any issues with 2 Sprint Cup drivers making every race (aside from Monza), so we're good 👍

We'll have to wait until Furi gets online to see if he can actually run the last 5 races or not (he may or may not have other plans). If he can't, then I guess I'll be running the full schedule and you'll race everything apart from the monza race.

I think we should drop the lowest race result in the drivers championship as it's quite a long season and the absence of a chase means every race will count; real life can get in the way occasionally. Thoughts?

Obviously not necessary for the team championship.

I think we should drop the lowest race result in the drivers championship as it's quite a long season and the absence of a chase means every race will count; real life can get in the way occasionally. Thoughts?

Obviously not necessary for the team championship.

With the first and last race being the biggest, I would suggest only being able to drop one race between race 2 and 9, if you decide to allow a drop at all. You wouldn't want the points leader to be able to skip week 10 and still win the championship, unless he had more points in his best 8 weeks than anyone else could get in their 9 best results.

EDIT - If one result is allowed to be dropped, points would have to be counted two different ways until week 9. Total Points 1 would be all total points and Total Points 2 would be your current total points, if your worst race result is already counted as dropped. After week 9, Total Points 2 is what you've got going into the season finale.

Example:

Chqr: 20, 16, 8, 14 = 58 points (50 points, dropping 8)
Tom: 16, 18, 0, 20 = 54 points (54 points, dropping 0)
Carbon: 18, 20, 14, 12 = 64 points (52 points, dropping 12)

Last edited:
Back