GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news, relatively smooth lobby WSM lobby tonight with low room quality and low mic levels...

Here's an updated PDF of Driver Rankings, Team Rankings and Daytona Track Record. Indy 150 preview to come sometime this week.

Crazy, nice work on the stats.

I just realized I've never won a points race at Daytona, hopefully I can do something about that this season.

Just found out that I can't race this weekend, my chase hopes have taken a nosedive :(

I'll be back next week, I'm staying at a relatives this Saturday s'all.

I just realized I've never won a points race at Daytona, hopefully I can do something about that this season.

Thanks & hopefully you don't do something about that :lol:

Niop

Hahahahhahahahahahahahah this guy is too funny

Very good chance I wont be able to make this week's race. Drop I'll keep you updated as we get closer to race time.

I will be driving the #99 for Ford Racing for owner/team points this weekend at Indianapolis.

With Ford only having 2 drivers available across both series this week, I brought Furi in so we don't fall behind in the owner/team point standings. We will still be 1 driver short for Nationwide, as Furi has WSM at the time Nationwide races.

Just to be clear- Furi will be racing for the team, not as Tom's replacement. Tom will receive no points from Furi's performance in this race, as the 2/3 points should be saved for the chase.

I wouldn't think you should be too worried, Tom. With summer almost here, it's doubtfull that everyone here will have perfect attendance through regular season, I can just about guaranty that I won't.

Fully expecting Knelly or trynor to get the pole here. Ford won't be using any qualifying setups until the chase. (The Daytona qualifying setup I used for the 500 was actually just my original race setup and I wanted to see how it compared)

Fully expecting Knelly or trynor to get the pole here. Ford won't be using any qualifying setups until the chase. (The Daytona qualifying setup I used for the 500 was actually just my original race setup and I wanted to see how it compared)

Are you guaranteeing a victory sir? :cool:

If they use Knelly's qualifying setup, SGR will get the point for pole. JGR have ACDC, who is a very good pusher, so they stand a good chance of winning the race.

Ford on the other hand no longer has Homeslice. Tom isn't available to race this week, and I asked Furi to fill in for the team. Furi is well known for eating up his tyres (and going 5 wide on dynos...and talking...) which isn't very helpful at Indy, as tyre wear is very important.

Last season Ford had bad luck at Indy races with crashes/spins and had a very good chance of winning 2 of them otherwise. Hopefully we avoid incidents this time.

If they use Knelly's qualifying setup, SGR will get the point for pole. JGR have ACDC, who is a very good pusher, so they stand a good chance of winning the race.

Ford on the other hand no longer has Homeslice. Tom isn't available to race this week, and I asked Furi to fill in for the team. Furi is well known for eating up his tyres (and going 5 wide on dynos...and talking...) which isn't very helpful at Indy, as tyre wear is very important.

Last season Ford had bad luck at Indy races with crashes/spins and had a very good chance of winning 2 of them otherwise. Hopefully we avoid incidents this time.

And a point that I have Homeslices actual Indy set-up car...

Furinkazen
I will be driving the #99 for Ford Racing for owner/team points this weekend at Indianapolis.

You know you are still listed as a Sprint Cup driver since you didn't switch to Nationwide, right? If you could win this weekend, there's a chance you could grab the only wild card slot available in the Chase.

If that were to happen (part time Sprint Cup driver win wild card with no full time seat), I would allow Ford to field a third car in the Chase to accommodate this unique scenario.

MustangRyan
Will anyone be out there to help you? You run it alone, and you still lose to drafters.

Lol, didn't say I could do it without pitting.

Got my strategy all in order for tonight. Looking for maximum points.

You know you are still listed as a Sprint Cup driver since you didn't switch to Nationwide, right? If you could win this weekend, there's a chance you could grab the only wild card slot available in the Chase.

If that were to happen (part time Sprint Cup driver win wild card with no full time seat), I would allow Ford to field a third car in the Chase to accommodate this unique scenario.

Yeah i'm not doing Nationwide at all.

please hold by 15 min start.., WSM is running over...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back