GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
And to add, you have homeslice giving Furi a tune, and now Furi thinks he's god.

I wish... I'm not carrying on this flame war anymore other than saying. I got sent a car, I have a tune, oh and who's tune have I used for NASCAR Trucks... yours....

And i'm looking at who's 1 place below me in the standings :rolleyes:

Now Monza this week correct?

I'm 100% serious when I say that everyone should save the race replay after every single race. If there's something worth discussing, I would like for someone to be able to bring it up rationally, have it reviewed, and see what needs to be addressed, and what doesn't. If anyone has something specific that is worth discussing from yesterday, please let us all know. Otherwise, let's all just move on from here.

I'm also going to say that going back and watching race replays is a great way to learn how other drivers approach the race, set up their cars (gearing, mostly), run their lines, set up passes (notice their spacing to the car in front, and where they start to accelerate to begin their draft up to pass), and how some guys manage to save tires/fuel so well. It's also a very useful tool for evaluating results and the effects of certain pit strategies.

Crazy, who finished 10th, didn't finish there because he was slow. Crazy (first stint) and RedPartyHat (second stint) both gambled by staying out on track alone for a few extra laps, each grabbing two laps led after everyone else had pitted. The bonus point probably seemed like something worth staying out to get, but running alone on track for the three to four extra laps with no drafting partner cost them a lot of time. They were about 3-5 seconds slower per lap, as they were alone on very old tires, while everyone else was bumpdrafting on new tires. By the time they finally stopped and got back out, the cars they were running with before their stops were way ahead. Not only did they lose time by staying out alone before they stopped, they lost the draft after they came back out, which proved very costly at the end of 60 laps.

In the future, I expect to see more teams short-pit, to try to make up track position around a pit stop. If you have a fast group, but are mired back in traffic unable to advance, stop 2-4 laps early, and get back out on track together with fresh tires before anyone else does, with nothing but open track ahead of you. Use that clear track to put down lightning fast times while everyone else is sliding around on their old tires for 2-4 more laps. If this is done correctly, it can absolutely put you several seconds ahead of slower cars that were right in front of you before you stopped. This obviously works a lot better at Indy than Daytona, but could probably work at Daytona if a large group pitted early to get away from a small group in front of them (RFLX and Knelly did a great job doing this with their first stop in the 500, buying them some track position and separation, though some of this gain was due to taking less fuel than the other group).

hi any chanes of you guys to let me race on satday ?

We're pretty much full. Check out the Nationwide and Truck Threads to see if you can catch a team owners attention.

Well, seems everyone has calmed down a bit, I've got one more pressing issue that needs to be handled:
Lots of kids listen to Pantera. Not a very good band at all, really.

I can't have you bad-mouthing Phil and the boys, Mule. You've been on my friend list longer then any of these guys, so I'll let that slide for now, but I'm watching you.:irked:

Mudd
Well, seems everyone has calmed down a bit, I've got one more pressing issue that needs to be handled:

I can't have you bad-mouthing Phil and the boys, Mule. You've been on my friend list longer then any of these guys, so I'll let that slide for now, but I'm watching you.:irked:

Haha. :)

Crazy, who finished 10th, didn't finish there because he was slow. Crazy (first stint) and RedPartyHat (second stint) both gambled by staying out on track alone for a few extra laps, each grabbing two laps led after everyone else had pitted.

Only reason I did that was because I gave up.
I went longer so I could have more fresh tires when I pitted, than go catch up with MULE who was still in the race and help him out. :)

Anyway what lap times are you guys getting at Monza? If willing to share o.O

Only reason I did that was because I gave up.
I went longer so I could have more fresh tires when I pitted, than go catch up with MULE who was still in the race and help him out. :)

Anyway what lap times are you guys getting at Monza? If willing to share o.O

I think Joe is probably going to grab the pole with something around a 1:40.xxx. If you can run anything below a 1:40.000, you're definitely going to be on the podium at the end of the day.

While we are still in the practice stages for this weekend's race at Monza, allow me to remind everyone of our rules against corner cutting, as copied from the very first post in the thread:

*While cornering, the two outside tires must remain completely on the tarmac/concrete/pavement at all times. Rumble strips are NOT considered part of the tarmac/concrete/pavement. Anyone that is caught cutting corners can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty, per occurrance, at the discretion of the league host.

You MUST keep the two outside tires completely on the black tarmac/asphault at all times while cornering. If any driver puts their outside tires as much as 1" inside the edge of the pavement of a corner, they will be penalized. If this is in any way unclear, please address this now, not after the race.

I will do my best to use common sense when judging if a driver was forced off of the track, or went off-course to prevent heavy contact with a car blocking the track.

Regarding on-track contact and incidents:

If any driver punts another driver off-course (intentional or not), they can be penalized up to 30 seconds, per occurance. The leading driver may not brake-check the trailing driver. Both drivers should be aware that there might be a difference in their braking points, and give each other the proper amount of space accordingly.

When racing side-by-side, remember to hold your line in the inside or outside lane. If going through chicanes or a series of S-turns, the outside car will become the inside car in the next corner, and vice versa. Both cars need to remember to leave a lane to their inside when they become the outside car. If you're not sure whether or not you are clear of the car beside you, please err on the side of caution and leave room, especially in the early laps when the pack will be very tight.

Penalty avoidance:

If you do accidentally cut a corner or punt another driver and do not want to risk receiving any post-race penalty at all, simply pull over and serve a stop-and-go penalty on yourself at some safe place on the next straightaway (preferably well out of the way, and off to the side, and NOT near another corner). A complete stop on the track that is made safely outside of the racing line and in no way impedes other racers will guarantee that no penalty is passed down for any minor corner cut or slight on-track altercation.

Major incidents that cause serious damage to another vehicle might still be subject to a penalty even with a stop-and-go served, but you would have to be blatantly trying to earn this kind of penalty, which I don't think applies to anyone that is going to be racing in our league. This would be a case where someone just ignored braking all together in an effort to push another car completely off-track or into a wall. Anyone found guilty of this kind of flagrant and blatant kind of incident could be disqualified from the event, receiving 0 points for themself and their owner, and could even be removed from the league. Like I said, I don't anticipate this being a problem at all.

Incident/Cutting Reporting:

If you feel that someone is deserving of a penalty for cutting corners or causing an incident on track, please SAVE THE RACE REPLAY. Review the replay yourself first, to see if what you thought happened is what actually happened. If you still feel that a penalty is warranted after watching the replay, please send a PM to me on GTPlanet so that I can investigate. Please provide me with as much detail as possible (lap number, time elapsed, corner, what happened, etc), so that I can quickly find the incident and attempt to determine an appropriate response.

Please do not start blaming a driver during the race before you have seen the race replay. Do not retaliate and cause another crash. Do not make inflammatory posts in the thread calling out someone. Please, handle this like respectful adults, and it will all go much smoother for everyone involved.

Was I 5th at Monza last season?

There is a link to the previous seasons at the bottom of the first post in this thread. You should be able to go back and verify all past race results using those links. 👍

There is a link to the previous seasons at the bottom of the first post in this thread. You should be able to go back and verify all past race results using those links. 👍

I got 7th... room for improvement I think...

Looking to defend my win from last season at Monza. I've gotten faster since the last race there ;)

will be hard to win

This is a great opportunity for the Nationwide drivers to really make a big impression on the Sprint Cup owners. Think of it like this:

Chances for a NW driver to advance out of the first race: 6/15 = 40%
Chances for a driver to advance out of the Open Qualifying race: 4/13 = 30.77%
Chances for a driver to win the All-Star race = 1/11 = 9.09%

The odds that a Nationwide driver transfers twice and wins the All-Star race?
That's [(6/15) * (4/13) * (1/11)], a 1.12% longshot. :scared:

The odds that a Nationwide driver even starts the All-Star race from one of the four transfer spots from the Open race is just 12.31%.

This should be a very fun group of races to watch. :mischievous:

This is a great opportunity for the Nationwide drivers to really make a big impression on the Sprint Cup owners. Think of it like this:

The odds that a Nationwide driver even starts the All-Star race from one of the four transfer spots from the Open race is just 12.31%.

Let's just hope PD pull their weight for the weekend's extravaganza. I hope racing is clean too. The fact that the Nationwide guys must use the Sprint Cup Rules and Regulations might play into the hands of ex-Sprint Cup drivers but we shall see as after all anything can happen at Daytona.

My tip is for smuffy to win. He's been strong all-season long in the Nationwide on the ovals. 2 runners-up spots at Daytona and Indy and a win at SSRX. He's got Sprint Cup experience so he'll be very familiar with their setups.

I expect Nater, Dave, smuffy, Carbonox, Trynor and fastfox to all qualify for the Sprint Cup Preliminary Event.

Last edited:

You should put it live on the form.

To bad im going to win that race :sly:

I've been getting disconnected a lot lately. It started with some disconnects before the truck race, then one before the Nationwide race, and then a couple in someone's lounge. Yesterday I got disconnected from my lounge 3 times, each within 5 minutes of joining it, and once in Tom's room for the WRC.

This is the first Oval Race I can say no one will put teams first buddy. So your odds are actually as bad as everyone that gets to race this event. Every man or boy for themselves here!!!
You keep bringing up age, i dont think it matters does it? Does gt5 give men 5 gears and boys only 4? do men get bigger gas tanks? I don think they do 💡

I've been getting disconnected a lot lately. It started with some disconnects before the truck race, then one before the Nationwide race, and then a couple in someone's lounge. Yesterday I got disconnected from my lounge 3 times, each within 5 minutes of joining it, and once in Tom's room for the WRC.

Hope springs eternal at Monza for everyone.

This is the first Oval Race I can say no one will put teams first buddy. So your odds are actually as bad as everyone that gets to race this event. Every man or boy for themselves here!!!

This could actually be a really fun group of races to watch now that you bring up the team aspect. We know how many team cars will be in each race, as of right now.

All-Star Race:
JGR - 3
SGR - 2
Ford - 2 (counting Homeslice)
(to be determined) - 4

Open Qualifying Race:
HMS - 3
RBR - 2
Ford - 2
(to be determined) - 6

Nationwide Race:
HMS - 3
JGR - 3
Ford - 3
RBR - 3
SGR - 3

Now, think about these scenarios...

Hendrick Motorsports could have SIX cars in the Open race, should all three NW team cars finish in the top 6 of the Nationwide race. They could easily put 4 cars in the All-Star race, without having a single guaranteed starting spot when the day started.

JGR could get all three cars from NW to transfer twice, and field SIX out of eleven cars in the All-Star race. It's not likely, but it's possible.

What if all 3 SGR cars move up twice, forming a 5-car SGR team in the All-Star race? That would make the only original 2-car Sprint Cup team the largest team in the All-Star main event race. It could happen.

Red Bull, like HMS, currently has 0 spots in the All-Star race. Depending on the results of the first two races, they could field the largest team in the All-Star race, with 4 cars from all four transfer spots. Or, they could be shut out, and not get a single car in at all.

Ford has 2 guys in the race, but we don't know if Homeslice is going to show up or not. Ford could transfer up to four guys in, and have up to 6 drivers with Joe and Homeslice, or they could have just Joe.

This should be fun to watch. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back