GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you work where you have so much time on the computer, and how do I apply?

Cool stats, but I believe I was actually in the 2010 #14 for my S1 Indy Win, and not the #18. That was back in the day when we could drive any car we wanted.

Cool stats, but I believe I was actually in the 2010 #14 for my S1 Indy Win, and not the #18. That was back in the day when we could drive any car we wanted.

That's strange. I don't remember you ever driving anything but the #18 before this season. What are the odds that you (or anyone else) still have the replay available to verify that?

Link to the race results in question:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5737347#post5737347

EDIT - In your sponsor-thanking post at the end of the first season, you thanked M&Ms. That leads me to believe you were in the 18 car for the Chase in season one. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5876549#post5876549

Last edited:
Yep, watching it now. In S1 my Daytona races were in #18, Indy in #14 and roads in #20.

There you go Boss, I already have an SGR win for us, just in a different Season :D

EDIT: Damn we are soooo much better now than in Season 1. Me, Drop, Niop, AC and Crazy were all in that race and would never gave guessed it.

8 laps in and only a slither of tyre wear. Good old days hey.

Last edited:
Sounds awesome 👍

EDIT: Could be useful for IndyCar as well, let's hope.

I believe the road course was used for Indycar last season 👍

If it happens will Drop incorporate it into this Season?

Knelly

Yeah it was but they've dropped it this year, I'd be interested in running both the RC and superspeedway for Indy so I really hope it makes it into the game.

I think IndyCar was meant to use the oval as they had previously but there was something up with the track surface that meant they couldn't. I think it either needed repaving or was in the process of it.
EDIT:
Following the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan, it was announced that the 2011 event will be moved to the 2.98 mile road course due to damage to the oval
NASCAR ran an exhibition race there I believe, so I'm sure it'll be included in Sprint Cup if it is indeed coming to GT5. Probably not this season though.

Last edited:
With Twin Ring Motegi being apparently leaked in GT academy photos, we could have another oval to race at. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=252588 The east part of the road course is meant to be one of the tracks in round 8, so we'll have to wait until just over a month's time to find out for sure.

If this gets released before our race at Darlington, we should substitute the the Eifell Circuit with the Twin Motegi. The Twin Motegi is extremely similar to Darlington.

Here's for those who don't know how it will look like :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2hAL6D00eE

and this would be the road course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qeuxGYImGw

If this gets released before our race at Darlington, we should substitute the the Eifell Circuit with the Twin Motegi. The Twin Motegi is extremely similar to Darlington.

Here's for those who don't know how it will look like :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2hAL6D00eE

and this would be the road course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qeuxGYImGw

I watched the 1998 NASCAR exhibition race at Motegi earlier (buggy1boy has it up on youtube), and the commentators/announcers said that various officials and owners of the track went to America to look all the diferent kinds of ovals for inspiration. They liked Darlington the most, so they modelled their oval after it. NASCAR even used the same tyre compound for Motegi as they had for Darlington.

They didn't make the banking quite the same though, because at Motegi they ran the low line in the turns, unlike Darlington where you run up against the wall.

It's also a 1.5 mile track, while Darlington is shorter. One of the few mile and a half's that's actually decent.

MÜLE_9242;7063009
It's also a 1.5 mile track, while Darlington is shorter. One of the few mile and a half's that's actually decent.

That's just because it's not like the 7 tracks that are all shaped like Charlotte Motor Speedway that take up 12 spots on the schedule. I liked the old Atlanta (regular oval) and Homestead (mini-Indy) better. Oddly enough, they redesigned Homestead to shape it like the old Atlanta layout.

For those that don't yet know, my wife gave birth to our son Monday evening, and everything went well. Both of them are now home, and resting. As best I can tell, we are still on to race at Indy this Saturday in our normal 5pm EDT time slot. I'm glad it's a short race this weekend. :scared:

MustangRyan
For those that don't yet know, my wife gave birth to our son Monday evening, and everything went well. Both of them are now home, and resting. As best I can tell, we are still on to race at Indy this Saturday in our normal 5pm EDT time slot. I'm glad it's a short race this weekend. :scared:

Congratulations to both of you man :cheers:

Like I said last week, forget about helping us IndyCar if it's too much hassle for you at the moment 👍

Congrats and warm wishes to you and your family. Enjoy it man, it goes so quick.

Hope you stored up on your sleep :nervous:

I may have to announce that I won't be competing in the Sprint Cup this season, even if there are seats available, and possibly never again.

Reason? Me and the Americans just don't get together with the timezones. 👎

I'm officially withdrawing myself from the rest of this season owing to timings and also having a busier life now. Good luck to everyone else, especially Ford Racing.

Furinkazen
I'm officially withdrawing myself from the rest of this season owing to timings and also having a busier life now. Good luck to everyone else, especially Ford Racing.

If you need a replacement reserve driver look no further :dopey:

But seriously good luck Furi. 👍

Matty
If you need a replacement reserve driver look no further :dopey:

But seriously good luck Furi. 👍

Furi didn't have a 'drive' for a certain team as such anyway Matty, just drove as and when other teams needed him after the Ford team lost a car.

Suppose so, most teams already have Nationwide drivers to call on anyway though.

There's an open seat in the #24 this Saturday. I can't find any one to fill it. And I'm waiting to hear back from DriveTheGuard88 still. I keep you up to date on that. And please let me know if any would like to drive her this weekend. Thanks

kenkwilinski
MattyMc can drive the 2011 #24 tonite for HMS if he still wants to.

Yeah I should be good for it. Don't know if I'll be any good for you but I'll get some team points no matter how little they are. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back