GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Checkers or wreckers = good laugh but a FAIL! :crazy:

d18852ef7bc4f20eb338df074c88ee57.jpg

My first ever Sprint Cup podium, very hopeful for the season. Great work pushing in the '300' and the Shootout Joe 👍

EDIT: And I've rediscovered my old save which was hidden on my iPod, been a good evening!

TomMcD
My first ever Sprint Cup podium, very hopeful for the season. Great work pushing in the '300' and the Shootout Joe 👍

Well done. 👍

Kept getting DC'd so I just gave up..

If it continues I will have to depart..

Just saw a part of the replay and saw some truly classless driving by one of the Gibbs cars, costing my teammate a chance to win.

I know this doesn't count for Anything, but I'd like for it to be looked at.

Got screwed up by the #24 and my own misjudgement with #11. Still got some good data and car felt exceptional.

The 24 (DriveTheGaurd) has limited access to the site, I'm gonna relay his statement from after the race. When the 24 was off pace and up high in the turn he fully intended on staying there to let everyone through. At the moment you all passed him, the severe damage he had suddenly repaired and that's what shot him down the track into everyone. he had absolutely no intention of blocking anyone, I assure you.

The incident involving DoWhat: I was on his inside and slowing down to give him room to drop down. He had a car on his outside that gave him a tiny tap to the left and into my right front fender.

I'll also add that I probably should have set Ford up to run the race without pitting at all. With 20 45 aero I could have made just over 35 laps (37 at most) judging by my tyre wear entering the pitstop, so with higher aero we could have probably pulled it off.

Sorry for backing out very unlike me but I'd rather be at a south side Chicago bar on St. Patrick's Day.

I'll be rewatching the race tomorrow. If you have something you would like for me to review, please send your team owner a private message with details. I'll review all complaints received via PM from team owners only. This will be the standard procedure going forward, to reduce the bombardment of PMs I got after today's race.

Haven't watched anything yet but if I have anything to say I presume your cool with direct from me mate.

However, what will happen with them? Not giving penalties, surely, in an exhibition race. Are you just gathering for future fuel?

Haven't watched anything yet but if I have anything to say I presume your cool with direct from me mate.

However, what will happen with them? Not giving penalties, surely, in an exhibition race. Are you just gathering for future fuel?

I should imagine it's just to issue general warnings so people know what they have to do differently in the regular season.

Sorry for backing out very unlike me but I'd rather be at a south side Chicago bar on St. Patrick's Day.

Right on dude! 👍 The accident you got into caused problems with everyone of course. I guess sometimes people forget theirs damage and we are driving 3 inches to 0 inches off each others bumper at 190mph. And crap happens unfortunately. Man everyone seems so eager to single our team out. First you, then drivetheguard and not to mention Dave in NW.

Now first off DoWhat got wrecked and if he hit you that's means you got caught up in it, very unfortunate. DriveTheGuard had damage and it turned off in the corner as he was letting you all pass, very unfortunater. Dave.....idk what to say about that. I wasn't there, didn't see the replay and never raced him before. And he quit, so what's the big deal? So quit throwing my team under the bus. Or this will get nasty very quick. And I don't want this to end like that. So let's keep having fun and racing hard. Because that's what we do in here.

Right on dude! 👍 The accident you got into caused problems with everyone of course. I guess sometimes people forget theirs damage and we are driving 3 inches to 0 inches off each others bumper at 190mph. And crap happens unfortunately. Man everyone seems so eager to single our team out. First you, then drivetheguard and not to mention Dave in NW.

Now first off DoWhat got wrecked and if he hit you that's means you got caught up in it, very unfortunate. DriveTheGuard had damage and it turned off in the corner as he was letting you all pass, very unfortunater. Dave.....idk what to say about that. I wasn't there, didn't see the replay and never raced him before. And he quit, so what's the big deal? So quit throwing my team under the bus. Or this will get nasty very quick. And I don't want this to end like that. So let's keep having fun and racing hard. Because that's what we do in here.

I don't really have anything to say about dowhat or DriveTheGuard as I was nowhere near either of them during the race, but I don't see how you can argue with us singling out Dave in NNS.

Were you watching that race man? He wrecked pretty much every damn car on the track at some point.

When an accident happens in a race, of course people are going to be upset. Maybe they shouldn't be, but it's a natural reaction.

I got collected in the first wreck where Joe and dowhat got together. It happens.

I got collected by drivetheguard when his damage unloaded right in front of me. That was more frustrating, as it just destroyed the hope that I still had a chance to win. But, there was nothing that could have prevented it though, so it's nothing worth me being upset about, especially in hindsight. I shouldn't have been so quick to judge him at that moment. In my anger and disappointment, I forgot to think first, before speaking. My apologies, drivetheguard.

With 16 cars on track, accidents are going to happen. They just are. It would be the most beneficial to everyone if we would all calm down a little before saying something stupid or posting something stupid. Take a minute to think about it, then take another minute. Then wait and see what the other person has to say first. We don't need unnecessary hostility. We're all a lot better than that.

Now now. Handbags boys. Nobody is singling you out Crazy. Nobody who knows you believes you give orders like that. Your definately a team v team competitor and that's awesome. Just different sets of tactics getting together, and with in-race misunderstandings and difference of opinions.

To others, please no goading of others. Please put your own views forward and challenge others, but there's no need to question other drivers ethics.

I'm just gonna break the momentum here and brag a little bit, since I have zero complaints about today's race. 4th place in a 50 lap race against the best NASCAR drivers on GTPlanet, plus it was a non-points so nobody had anything to lose! Very aggressive race and I'm pleased with my personal performance. Formed a couple extremely fast 'draft alliences' that will surely come into play at a later date. The #88 is primed and ready this season, watch out guys! :cool::gtpflag:

Now now. Handbags boys. Nobody is singling you out Crazy. Nobody who knows you believes you give orders like that. Your definately a team v team competitor and that's awesome. Just different sets of tactics getting together, and with in-race misunderstandings and difference of opinions.

To others, please no goading of others. Please put your own views forward and challenge others, but there's no need to question other drivers ethics.

I don't think anyone suspected that Crazy had ordered Dave to do those things (Chqr did put something slightly suggestive in the NNS thread though), and I certainly don't think Crazy would stoop that low. Dave's numerous wrecks were down to recklessness and lack of patience/awareness on his part, nobody elses.

Yeah, although I finished last, it was pretty much my own decision. After getting caught up in the dowhat wreck, I dropped back and let the leaders lap me so I could help RedPartyHat. I was doing okay at that until I lost it completely by myself. After that, I just rode around pushing whoever was infront of me. Really amazed at how RPH was able to go so far on his tires, using a DS3 especially.

Thanks ^

Also lets not forget I had a situation in the race too. I was in position to win however an incident occured. This caused me to go from 1st to 3rd. But the main thing is, it was CLEARLY INTENTIONAL (watch lap 48) This really needs to be looked at.

Thanks for the vote of cofidence guys and sticking up for me.And to mudd, I personally thought todays race was a great test session for us. We will need to practice our 40 lap pace for the 500. If we take it easy a few laps, 40 laps will be no problem. 4 stop vs 5 stop was the means of this race for me tonite. And plus it was nice having me n mudd in the lead a lot. Us two actually battled ACDC and took the lead from him cleanly and held it for quite awhile. Was awesomeness!

:lol: I actually enjoyed battling/drafting with AC/DC today, as apposed to last season when it just ticked me off watching him fly past us while he was glued to Niop's bumper. :D I'm sure Niop and AC with work together when given a chance, but I know I'm not the only one that's relieved with having our two fastest drivers on separate teams this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back