GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's race will be 1 pace lap + 60 laps, with a 2x rolling start to begin lap 2 of 61.

Pace lap speed will be 50mph, until you get to the last turn. Slow down to 35mph for the last turn, so the field can bunch up appropriately. Odd positions should be on the right side (inside turn 1), with even positions on the left side (outside turn 1) for the start. The pole sitter will start accelerating at the start/finish line, and the race begins at that time.

Any questions?

White would be a better color for races that brought no points. That's at least what Wikipedia and me always use in tables ;)

How about gray?

RlK1X.jpg

FYI, there's a slight chance I might not be able to run today, as my internet has been intermittent since yesterday evening after I got home from work. I called Time Warner Cable yesterday and thought the issue was fixed (I even got the speed upgrade to boot). I got online last night for quite a while with no issues.

However, this morning my internet is working intermittently again. Every time it goes out, I have to go upstairs, unplug my cable modem, and reset it to get it to start working again. It seems to be working again for now. But, Time Warner doesn't have any offices open on Saturdays that do defective equipment swaps. So, I can't get a new cable modem until Monday after work.

On the off-chance I disconnect before the race starts, RFLX becomes the primary race steward, and will be responsible for race review (as will all team owners) and counting laps led. In this case, I will ask to receive 2/3 points from GTP_Litchi's final results.

If I start the race and disconnect, RFLX will still have to count the laps, and I'll take whatever position I wind up getting.

If the router holds up, this will be the last weekend there is an issue. I'm going to switch out my modem on Monday at the TWC office, and I already have a service tech scheduled to be here Tuesday to check the cable coming into the house from the street box.

I have had this planned for a while but never got to put it into action. Every racing weekend until the end of the chase, I will select a finishing position before the race beings and who ever finishes there will receive a prize from me. Simple.
This week the lucky number is 6. The sixth placed car at the end of the race will receive a prize.(Prizes are awarded before penalties,if applicable) Good Luck.

Rooms full.

I said brb...

I thought you were running so I pmed Carb two minutes from the start as there were only 2 Hendricks in the field if he needed me. You were offline for the start of the race.

Nonetheless, great race. Major apologies to Drop. He was the unfortuante one who I had to be next to the in opening laps when I was not used to the dirty air and draft of these things.

Really impressive stuff from the Stewart-Ganassi guys.

Chqr
I thought you were running so I pmed Carb two minutes from the start as there were only 2 Hendricks in the field if he needed me. You were offline for the start of the race.

Nonetheless, great race. Major apologies to Drop. He was the unfortuante one who I had to be next to the in opening laps when I was not used to the dirty air and draft of these things.

Really impressive stuff from the Stewart-Ganassi guys.

Thanks, I was late. 👍

But I was kicked for my terrible actions.
(Acting like ICEYOU) :P

Jesus, give me Laguna Seca over that 1.39 mile strip of hell anyday :lol:

Suppose it could've been a lot worse, got a lot of work to do in these oval rounds though.

14-16-15 lap stints. Challenged for 2nd early on and had a hell of a scrap with Carb and Knelly. All in all, I'm driving better then I ever have at the moment :gtpflag:

All in all, I'm driving better then I ever have at the moment :gtpflag:

I totally agree. Not only is the FRL Golden Era coming back but the Furi Golden Era too.

Really superb stuff from Furinkazen.

Who would have thought at the last Suzuka Race, Furi would be in the top 5 at Suzuka.

I totally agree. Not only is the FRL Golden Era coming back but the Furi Golden Era too.

Really superb stuff from Furinkazen.

Who would have thought at the last Suzuka Race, Furi would be in the top 5 at Suzuka.

:lol: Overstatement a bit? I was 3rd last season I think but got penalised (rightfully so) for over exuberant cornering.

Very happy to finish 2nd. Beating all 3 of Joe, Carb and Litchi is definitely an accomplishment.

Other than some absolutely appalling driving from 1 person, everyone was clean (mostly), too. Good race :)

Last edited:
Great race at Suz-E, everyone. She seemed to be in a good mood today. SGR is happy with our 1-6 finish in this very strong field of drivers. Nice job Knelly. 👍

Joe, Litchi, Mule, and Carb, good run, but I was fully expecting us to be in a 5-way dog fight for the lead.

Litchi had a strong run after finding himself in last on lap 12, made it all the way up to 4th on lap 36. Impressive. :crazy:

Drop, it looked like you could have one-stopped this race. How were your tyres so good?

I looked at a bit of the replay and it looked like there was a lot of good clean racing out there. Of course there's some unintentional bumps here and there, but that's bound to happen. I also liked how clean the pace lap and first laps were. I recorded a little video from Chqr's view of the field that can be used as "Teaching Tape" for future races.

The reason for my horrible result was that the oversteer was beyond control, and I never really pulled off a 'proper' pass (without the other driver having gone off first, unless unlapping myself counts) because I had to go so slow everytime in that last corner.

That, and of course there's the incident between me and Matty, where I thought he'd surrender to a teammate with fairly new tires, only for me to realize it wasn't the case, but then it was too late :nervous:

I noticed a lot of guys struggling with oversteer off the last turn and in turn 1 under power...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back