GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the US its 11.95 for tracks under 1.5 miles and 14.95 for tracks 1.5 miles and longer.

Yeah, pricey but worth it.

I worked out that to run a schedule with Daytona, Pocono, Darlington, Bristol, Martinsville, Talladega, Indy, Charlotte and Homestead including the Cup car itself it would cost you $125 (£80) if you didn't own any of the content prior to the series. You could probably add Laguna in as a road course considering it's free also.

Yeah, pricey but worth it.

I worked out that to run a schedule with Daytona, Pocono, Darlington, Bristol, Martinsville, Talladega, Indy, Charlotte and Homestead including the Cup car itself it would cost you $125 (£80) if you didn't own any of the content prior to the series. You could probably add Laguna in as a road course considering it's free also.

The problem is I only have $300 dollars until I have no money at all.

The problem is I only have $300 dollars until I have no money at all.

Well it wouldn't get off the ground too well here, not due to the quality of the drivers, simply because not many guys have it. There's me, you, RFLX, Matty, gokartman, smuffy and that's about it to my knowledge. Oh, MStall spends his entire life on there as well judging by his stats :lol: Would be really epic though.

Anyway, bring on SSRX, Daytona and Indy after this weekend. Can't wait!

GTP NASCAR Power Rankings:

8. Furinkazen - Furi is heading to Suzuka East, where rumor has it Joe Gibbs is fitting the car with a GPS device, to help Furi identify the legal sections of the track for this season. :lol:
Trending UP

:lol: :lol:

Wondering if we can negotiate a later start time for tomorrow. Mother in law is over for the weekend and going to be very difficult to ask them both to leave the living room at 9:30 ish on a Saturday night.

Already get into grief every week with the start time as it is.

Wondering if we can negotiate a later start time for tomorrow. Mother in law is over for the weekend and going to be very difficult to ask them both to leave the living room at 9:30 ish on a Saturday night.

Already get into grief every week with the start time as it is.

What time is 'later'?

Is 15 minutes enough? Thirty minutes might be a bit hard to stretch, as Carb and Litchi are in time zones even earlier than yours.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking (with Carb and Litchi I mean). Let me test the water later and I'll come back to you all .... If I'm still alive :scared:

After taking note of Joe's 4 consecutive race podium streak listed above, I hired the stats department to do some digging. As it turns out, this is the first time ever in 36 Sprint Cup series races that any driver has finished four consecutive races with a podium finish. Three consecutive races with a podium finish has happened 5 times before:

Droptop2001gt - S1, Races 1-3
ACDCROCKS123 - S1, Race 15 - S2, Race 2
Homeslice47 - S2, Races 9-11 (the only All-Chase streak)
ACDCROCKS123 - S2, Race 12 - S3, Race 2
Droptop2001gt - S3, Races 7-9 (current streak)

If you loosen the requirement from consecutively scheduled races to just consecutive starts, ACDC runs away with the all-time record. ACDC scored a podium finish in 9 consecutive starts, a feat that is almost certainly never going to be matched. That streak started in the final race of season 1, extended through all six of his starts in season 2, and ended with the second race of this season. His results during the streak were as follows: 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, 2. You should notice that there is only one third place finish in the entire group, which makes it even more amazing.

Joe's current streak of 5 consecutive finishes with a top 5 is impressive, but far from the record. Homeslice47 went eleven consecutive races with a top-5 finish, stretching from races 2 through 12 of season number 2. The season-opening Daytona 500 was the only race in the entire 12-race season in which Homeslice failed to record a Top-5.

Other notable consecutive Top-5 streaks:
Droptop2001gt - 9 races: S1, races 1-9
Droptop2001gt - 7 races: S1, race 11 - S2, race 2 (these two streaks had only a sixth place finish at Indy between them, a combined 17 consecutive top-6 finishes)
JoeOfTheFire - 6 races: S2, races 7-12 (8-12 were all Chase Races for S2)
RFLX - 5 races: S1, races 11-15 (All Chase races for S1)

If you loosen the requirement here to just consecutive starts with a top 5 finish, these results get added:

RFLX - 13 starts: S1, race 1 - S2, race 4
ACDC - 10 starts: S1, race 15 - S3, race 4 (current streak)
Joe - 6 starts: S1, races 4-11
Homeslice - 6 starts: S1, races 7-15

Could've been a lot more different if Joe didn't have the major connection trouble back in S2.

Fun fact of the day:

I have led more laps than Furi, despite only having appeared in 2 races against Furi's 6. :sly:

Fun fact of the day:

Furi is currently 2nd in the GTP NASCAR Thunder Independents' Championship.

1725506979.png

I decided to spend an extra $9 a month on my internet connection to help increase the stability for our races, and I think it's going to be well worth it. :)

2049273217.png

Apparently my provider is set to double my speeds this month so IndyCar lounges should be more stable too. My ping is really low (I've come to understand that's good) but my dl/ul speeds are pretty average right now so i'll be glad for the boost :)

I know I have no involvement in this anymore but I still float in from time to time.
On the subject of internet speeds. My upload speed is 8 times faster than it was last week.
(Still only 1.70ish) :lol:

funkyDucks
I know I have no involvement in this anymore but I still float in from time to time.
On the subject of internet speeds. My upload speed is 8 times faster than it was last week.

Does this mean you're going to jump back into the NASCAR scene?

My upload speed is a whole 0.36, with an occasional 0.38 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back