GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
4v0aI.jpg

From the stats department:

RFLX disconnected right before the start of this past race, resulting in a DNS, and credit for 11th place. This was his first ever finish outside of the top 7 in any Sprint Cup race, with 27 previous starts all resulting in top 7 finishes.

RFLX won the pole again this week, for his career record-extending 16th career pole. You shouldn't be surprised by now. RFLX has won the pole every single week this season that has featured a traditional qualifying round, except for the two weeks he was out (week 2 and 3, at Monza and Indy). Joe won the pole for both of those races in RFLX's absence. For the two races at SSRX, where a 1-lap race is instead used to determine the pole, Droptop2001gt and Nater_Racing21 each claimed 1 bonus point this season. RFLX's 16 career poles double that of the second best qualifier in league history, JoeOfTheFire, who has won 8 pole positions.

Droptop2001gt claimed his 6th career victory, moving him in to a tie with JoeOfTheFire for 2nd on the all time win list. This was Drop's 3rd win of this season, with one win coming at each oval track (Indy, SSRX, Daytona).

This is the 4th different car Drop has put in victory lane in his career (#20 HD, #88, #11, and #20 GS), breaking the tie with RFLX (2010 #24, 2011 #24, #14) and Knelly (#14, #18, #42), who have both won in three different cars. Joe (2010 #43, #99), ACDC (#48, #18), and Homeslice (HD #20, 2011 #43) have won in two different cars in their career.

With his 66 laps led on Saturday, Droptop2001gt became the first driver ever to lead at least 150 laps in all three seasons (155, 168, 163) of the GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup series. In fact, no one else has led 100 laps in all three seasons so far. Knelly is the next closest to the feat, but led only 84 laps in season 2, despite leading for over 100 laps in seasons 1 and 3.

RFLX holds the all-time record for laps led in a single season, leading an incredible 241 laps in season 2.

Knelly's 5 laps led at Daytona put him ahead of Droptop2001gt for second place all-time in most laps led in a single season. Knelly's current total of 172 surpassed Drop's season two total of 168 laps led.

Droptop is now third on the list for most laps led in a single season, but might soon be passed by... himself. Drop's current season total of 163 laps led is only 5 behind his career best of 168 laps led, set last season.

MustangRyan
From the stats department:

RFLX disconnected right before the start of this past race, resulting in a DNS, and credit for 11th place. This was his first ever finish outside of the top 7 in any Sprint Cup race, with 27 previous starts all resulting in top 7 finishes.

RFLX won the pole again this week, for his career record-extending 16th career pole. You shouldn't be surprised by now. RFLX has won the pole every single week this season that has featured a traditional qualifying round, except for the two weeks he was out (week 2 and 3, at Monza and Indy). Joe won the pole for both of those races in RFLX's absence. For the two races at SSRX, where a 1-lap race is instead used to determine the pole, Droptop2001gt and Nater_Racing21 each claimed 1 bonus point this season. RFLX's 16 career poles double that of the second best qualifier in league history, JoeOfTheFire, who has won 8 pole positions.

Droptop2001gt claimed his 6th career victory, moving him in to a tie with JoeOfTheFire for 2nd on the all time win list. This was Drop's 3rd win of this season, with one win coming at each oval track (Indy, SSRX, Daytona).

This is the 4th different car Drop has put in victory lane in his career (#20 HD, #88, #11, and #20 GS), breaking the tie with RFLX (2010 #24, 2011 #24, #14) and Knelly (#14, #18, #42), who have both won in three different cars. Joe (2010 #43, #99), ACDC (#48, #18), and Homeslice (HD #20, 2011 #43) have won in two different cars in their career.

With his 66 laps led on Saturday, Droptop2001gt became the first driver ever to lead at least 150 laps in all three seasons (155, 168, 163) of the GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup series. In fact, no one else has led 100 laps in all three seasons so far. Knelly is the next closest to the feat, but led only 84 laps in season 2, despite leading for over 100 laps in seasons 1 and 3.

RFLX holds the all-time record for laps led in a single season, leading an incredible 241 laps in season 2.

Knelly's 5 laps led at Daytona put him ahead of Droptop2001gt for second place all-time in most laps led in a single season. Knelly's current total of 172 surpassed Drop's season two total of 168 laps led.

Droptop is now third on the list for most laps led in a single season, but might soon be passed by... himself. Drop's current season total of 163 laps led is only 5 behind his career best of 168 laps led, set last season.

Great read Drop. Can't see me surpassing RFLX in laps led this week though.

The 60 laps I'll lead on Saturday will put me right behind homeslice, though. ;)

MÜLE_9242;7306750
Actually, I am worried about you. I'm worried that you'll punt me off the track when I try to lap you.

And I'm worried about you two crashing right in front of me when I'm coming to lap you.

I promise, I'll stay out of the way when I'm being lapped by everyone. :lol:

Furinkazen
Drop you get my PM?

Yeah, you and litchi are going to have to bring home the top two scores for team points this week.

I'm working on something to answer the question you asked. Look for it tomorrow morning posted in this thread.

Yeah, you and litchi are going to have to bring home the top two scores for team points this week.

I'm working on something to answer the question you asked. Look for it tomorrow morning posted in this thread.

Gotcha, i'll be next online tomorrow evening 👍

I hope you don't mind if I post a link to my GTP NASCAR series.

GTP NASCAR Japan Series

Enjoy racing with the NASCAR stock cars on a tour of Japan's greatest racetracks. Nothing can beat 552 HP thunder on the streets of Tokyo and on the legendary Suzuka Circuit. Whether you are the average NASCAR fan or a familiar GTP NASCAR veteran, this is a great series for everyone:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=257805

Here's Drop showing what's allowed on the track, and where to enter the pits.
And if you run a lap faster than 53.990, you'll be given a 10 second penalty.

And here's a little Motegi fun:

Tires are pretty much gone by 20 laps. 3-stopping might actually be faster....

Oh lord, some points are necessary here to make up for last week but we're at the worst possible track for doing so. Top 5 is looking extremely ambitious but that's what I need.

:scared:

Oh dear, Drop... :sly:

I really wish I had been on the inside of the back row for that. I think I could have gotten all of them at once. :mischievous:

On a more serious note, the racing at Motegi is going to be great. With six cars on the track, we were three-wide and two-deep almost instantly. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like with 14 cars on track at once next season. :scared:

Good job with SuzE corner cutting demonstration.

Purchased Montegi but have only put down 5 non serious laps so far. Loads if work to do but plenty of time.

Slightly OT but I was just thinking earlier today how awesome it would be if we had our own GTP league on iRacing with all the tracks, custom paint schemes, teams etc. from the real Cup. Wishful thinking but man, wish I had the time to set all of that up.

Slightly OT but I was just thinking earlier today how awesome it would be if we had our own GTP league on iRacing with all the tracks, custom paint schemes, teams etc. from the real Cup. Wishful thinking but man, wish I had the time to set all of that up.

Sounds cool if only I could only afford to buy all the tracks with a job to refund the money I spent.

nate11x
Sounds cool if only I could only afford to buy all the tracks with a job to refund the money I spent.

If I ran something like that with a small group of racers like this, I'd probably only use the iconic, classic tracks such as Dega', Daytona, The Lady in Black, Bristol for example. Maybe Indy, Dover, Martinsville could get in too along with a couple of your generic intermediates.

That's only, what, a hundred dollars? :P

In the US its 11.95 for tracks under 1.5 miles and 14.95 for tracks 1.5 miles and longer.

GTP NASCAR Power Rankings:

1. Droptop2001gt - Ryan opened up the Chase with a bang, leading 66 out of 100 laps and driving to victory lane at Daytona to grab the early points lead. This was his third race win of the season, tops in the league. This week, the series heads to Suzuka East, where he will no doubt just be trying to secure a finish in the top 10, so he can get back to the ovals still in close proximity to the points lead.
Trending UP

2. JoeOfTheFire - Joe is Mr. Consistency, notching his fourth consecutive podium finish, and fifth straight top-5 finish. Joe has 6 podium finishes this season, tied with Droptop2001gt for the most in the league. Joe is certainly looking forward to this weekend's race, where he is the defending race winner, and the favorite to emerge as the points leader.
Trending STEADY

3. TRYNOR88 - TRYNOR went to Indy for the Nationwide season finale three weeks ago with a lot of confidence, having dominated the previous two races. At Indy, he ran into a little trouble early on. But, he persevered, and clawed his way back to a hard-earned podium finish, winning the very first Nationwide Series Championship by three points. Trynor will definitely have a Sprint Cup seat waiting for him next season if he wants it.
Trending STEADY

4. RFLX_Niop - Niop had the worst weekend ever in his Sprint Cup career, disconnecting due to a power outage with about 20 seconds left on the race start countdown timer. He was credited with a career-worst 11th place finish at the worst possible time. On the brighter side, Niop notched a bonus point by outpacing the field in qualifying. And, he is heading to a road course this weekend, where a podium finish and a big rebound in points is a highly likely scenario. Don't count out the two-time defending Sprint Cup champion, and reigning All-Star race winner, just yet.
Trending DOWN

5. Carbonox - Carb went to Indy three weeks ago for the Nationwide finale with his sights set on winning the championship. He led the most laps, finished ahead of Trynor but behind Nate, and wound up 3 points shy of the championship trophy at the end of the day. Since the end of the Nationwide season, Carb has been handed control of Hendrick Motorsports, where he's hoping to gain valuable experience for his potential move to the Sprint Cup for next season. Carb was running well in the pack at Daytona before being involved in an incident that put him a lap behind the rest of the field, essentially ruining his day.
Trending STEADY

6. Knelly - Officially, I'm going to list Knelly in sixth place, but I consider this ranking every bit as good as a 5th place ranking. 👍
On the bright side, he didn't hit a jet dryer! ;)
Trending STEADY

7. MULE_9242 - Mule had a rough day at Daytona, both as a driver and as a team owner. However, as a road-course ace, I'm sure he's very excited to get to Suzuka East this weekend, no matter how much more he loves Laguna Seca. :sly:
Trending DOWN

8. Furinkazen - Furi showed up at Daytona, unsure of whether he would even finish the race or not, due to the long scheduled distance. At the end of the day, he was glad he didn't park it, as he registered his career best Sprint Cup finish with a runner-up effort. Furi and his FedEx team delivered in a big way, capping a 1-2 finish for JGR. Furi is heading to Suzuka East, where rumor has it Joe Gibbs is fitting the car with a GPS device, to help Furi identify the legal sections of the track for this season. :lol:
Trending UP

9. Nater_Racing21 - Nate won his first race in his final start in season 1 of the Nationwide Series, edging out Carbonox for the win at the historic Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Nate put together a solid season, securing third place overall in the final Nationwide point standings. In the meantime, Nate has also been pulling duty as the interim car owner for Joe Gibbs Racing, following M-Stall's leave of absence at the beginning of the season. In the Sprint Cup, Nate's put up a third and fifth place finish in the last two races at Indy. Here's a driver that you might want to watch out for next season in the Sprint Cup, especially when the schedule brings the series back to the Brickyard.
Trending UP

10. GTP_Litchi - Litchi had a great season in Nationwide, despite the late start. Even though he missed the first five races, and could only drop two of those 5 results, Litchi finished 5th in the final Nationwide standings. He might have finished 4th overall, if not for being late to the start, and missing the final race. He received credit for last place in that race, but he definitely felt like he had a great chance to compete for a top spot in the race, which could have secured 4th overall. In his two Sprint Cup starts this season, Litchi has shown good pace. He finished 3rd at HSR, and 4th at Daytona. Litchi is still a little new to oval racing, but I think he could be a real threat for next season, especially with his already established road-racing prowess.
Trending STEADY

Also considered: TomMcD, MattyMc1996, Chqr, D4LVY_, ACDCROCKS123

Please note, this is the last week that Nationwide Series drivers will be listed based on their Nationwide accomplishments. The final few Power Rankings for this season will be the top ten drivers based only on their recent or projected Sprint Cup performances only.

Woo I actually got considered this time :D

If there's less then 10 at the next race I might get something written about me :D

God I'm easily pleased..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back