GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm way more excited about the draft due to the fact I'm out of the running now.

I''m convinced I am out a ride.

You don't think you're one of the top 14 drivers? You're crazy.

You just put a second place finish up at Daytona, in the Chase, no less. Then, you followed that up with a 5th place on a road course behind only the top 4 road course drivers in both leagues, RFLX, Mule, Joe, and Litchi. You've got nothing to worry about. You're probably not going to own a team, but you're definitely going to have a car to drive next season if you really want one.

Well I do know should I get a seat next season I can do all races in full except the Grand Slam events.

This is my prediction for the S4 Sprint Cup Ownership Draft:

Joe Gibbs - Joe/TomMcD
who brings in: TomMcD/Joe, Matty and Nater.

Hendrick - RFLX
who brings in: Drop, RedPartyHat and TRYNOR.

Ford - MULE
who brings in: Litchi and Basist/ACDC.

SGR - Knelly
who brings in: Akmuq/Furi

Red Bull - Carbonox
who brings in: smuffy

Last edited:
This is my prediction for the S4 Sprint Cup Ownership Draft:

Joe Gibbs - Joe
who brings in: TomMcD, Matty and Nater.

Hendrick - RFLX
who brings in: Drop, RedPartyHat and TRYNOR.

Ford - MULE
who brings in: Litchi and Basist/ACDC.

SGR - Knelly
who brings in: Akmuq/Furi

Red Bull - Carbonox
who brings in: smuffy

Gibbs for me? So I'm back in the #20 like I originally was before I went for the Fords? >_> Don't forget I've said a few times in this thread that I don't want to own a team next season.

I can tell you I know that one most of them is are incorrect for sure ;)
Fixed.

Gibbs for me? So I'm back in the #20 like I originally was before I went for the Fords? >_> Don't forget I've said a few times in this thread that I don't want to own a team next season.

I'm just hypothesising.

I thought it was quite fitting to have 'Joe' for Joe Gibbs haha.

Hmmm, if you don't want ownership. Its even more likely that Furinkazen or someone outside of the Chase could grab it.

I'm just hypothesising.

I thought it was quite fitting to have 'Joe' for Joe Gibbs haha.

Hmmm, if you don't want ownership. Its even more likely that Furinkazen or someone outside of the Chase could grab it.

That was my thinking when I originally drove the #20 Joey Logano car. :)

I honestly don't have a clue what I'll do, all depends on the offers I get really to whether I take a small team.

If last seasons draft is anything to go by, there will be a lot if surprises and incorrect guesses.

MÜLE_9242;7370920
Me hiring AC?

lol

I predict you to hire Litchi and OwensRacing(if he can do the Cup) due to PURE connections.:D

Also considering stepping down in TOCA if I get an offer to do the Cup.

If last seasons draft is anything to go by, there will be a lot if surprises and incorrect guesses.

Such as the planned S3 Ford team of me, Homeslice, and you. We decided on Tom after Homeslice couldn't continue full time, and then you went off to join Niop and I picked Furi....

Write it down...

RFLX will take ownership of a team. He's a natural leader, and really enjoys helping other drivers to improve. He can pick almost any driver he wants to drive for him, as his driving and tuning ability would be enticing to basically everyone.

Joe will not take ownership of a team. He races in a lot of different series, and needs more time to focus on practice and tuning, and less time lining up drivers for his cars. As a free agent driver, Joe could sign with any owner he wanted, as no owner would reasonably turn him away.

Knelly will more than likely take ownership of a team, as I think he really misses that leadership role. He should, it suits him well. The only way Knelly turns down being a team owner is if it's because he's driving for RFLX or Joe. I think you can already eliminate one of those two possibilities if you read the paragraph above this one.

Mule will almost certainly take ownership of a team. He enjoys running his own team. If he can grab one of the top 3 teams (HMS/JGR/FR), he can get a third team car to partner with, which should have him even more excited about his chances for next season. I fully expect that his teams will be very strong on road courses, as I think he will lean towards hiring stronger road course drivers (Litchi/Carb/Tom/Matty).

With Tom, I have no idea. He could own a 2-car team if he wants to, but I have no idea if he would rather be the #1 driver on a small team, or drive for one of the top drivers from this season. He really is the wild card in all of this. If he takes a team, the draft will be over by pick 10 at the absolute latest. If he passes, it could go as far as 12, where I think RedPartyHat will definitely end the draft.

Don't forget, Droptop2001gt, ACDCROCKS123, and dowhat13 are all automatically passing on their turns.

I'm going to go ahead and venture some (probably crazy) guesses.

Joe passes.
RFLX takes JGR, to use his new GameStop Toyota, and to guarantee ownership of the only 4-car team.
Knelly takes Ford Racing, as he knows Joe likes the Fords.
I pass.
Mule takes HMS, as it's the only 3-car team left. He doesn't want a 2-car team again.
Tom takes SGR, monopolozing all of the Target/Ganassi cars in both NASCAR and IndyCar.
ACDC passes.
Dowhat passes.
Trynor passes and immediately signs with RFLX.
Carb takes RBR, ending the draft.

Owners go crazy trying to sign the best driver available.
Drivers go crazy clamoring for Sprint Cup seats for S4.

Tom signs Matty, hoping to reproduce their Target/Ganassi Indy Car success.
Carb signs smuffy, as the two of them topped the charts early in NW last season.
Knelly signs Joe, as Joe will want to drive a Ford for the fourth consecutive season.
Mule signs fellow PURE member Litchi, and takes his time hand-picking his final team mate.

Thoughts?

I don't get signed? :(

You do, I just have no idea where. RFLX would still have two seats, Knelly would have one, and Mule would have one.

There's still you, me, Furi, Mudd, and Cowboys965 looking for those last 4 seats.

Wow, this is getting fun. I can actually see Drop ending up in various different camps, but whoever picks him is going to have a dangerous team. :scared:

Although in the end, Niop wins the Chase anyway, so whatever. :sly:

Please bear in mind, all of that was purely hypothetical, and is very likely to be completely wrong after just one pick. :lol:

Wow, this is getting fun. I can actually see Drop ending up in various different camps, but whoever picks him is going to have a dangerous team. :scared:

Although in the end, Niop wins the Chase anyway, so whatever. :sly:

I'll send him my old router to use for the finale. :sly:

And sign him up to my internet provider for the weekend :lol:

Or maybe just my normal internet speed
2074862718.png

The download speed I had in our previous house was 1.98mb/s.

EDIT: The server used for my speedtest is only 2 to 3 miles away.

EDIT2: These speeds are why I prefer to not add many more cars to next season. I start lagging for others once we get to about 12 or 13 cars on track, with my mic not being heard by anyone once we pass 11 cars.

Or maybe just my normal internet speed
2074862718.png

The download speed I had in our previous house was 1.98mb/s.

EDIT: The server used for my speedtest is only 2 to 3 miles away.

2mb is about what I get on one of those epic slowdown Saturdays. Generally it's 10mb but that should increase 6 fold when our new package is installed.

You do, I just have no idea where. RFLX would still have two seats, Knelly would have one, and Mule would have one.

There's still you, me, Furi, Mudd, and Cowboys965 looking for those last 4 seats.
I meant, like with Furi, that I might not get a seat.
Couple guys from Nationwide are going to come up and I am like an average racer here :crazy:

Sucks is that I do best at Daytona and the two races we had there, I had a DC and power flash.
Cept the preseason race where I nearly won :sly:
But we will see tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back