GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
XWCp9.jpg

The Budweiser Shootout Trophy

Presented to the winner of the preseason Budweiser Shootout each season.

S1 winner - RFLX_Niop
S2 winner - ACDCROCKS123
S3 winner - ACDCROCKS123

Last edited:
jGsTR.png

The Sprint All-Star Race Trophy

Presented to the winner of the mid-season Sprint All-Star Race each season.

S3 winner - RFLX_Niop

Last edited:
tenvp.png

The Harley J. Earl Trophy

Presented to the winner of the season-opening Daytona 500 each season.

S2 winner - Droptop2001gt
S3 winner - ACDCROCKS123

Last edited:
IyMaA.jpg

The Coca Cola 600 Trophy

Presented to the winner of the Memorial Day classic, The Coca Cola 600, each season.

S3 winner - Droptop2001gt

Last edited:
1myr9.jpg

The NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship Trophy

Presented to the winner of NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase for the Championship each season.

S1 winner - RFLX_Niop
S2 winner - RFLX_Niop
S3 winner - RFLX_Niop

Last edited:
This year, we're going to add a new trophy to the collection.

FPE1r.png

The Southern 300 Trophy

Presented to the winner of The Southern 300 each season.

S4 winner - ?

Last edited:
Trophies! :)

Going back to the final race of this season... My race 2 lag dropped me from the lead group, gave me engine damage and damage on 3 corners of the car, and meant I could barely crawl round the turn 3 service road at 60mph without spinning (and 2 laps before the next stop). The gap to the leader was massive when I pitted 2 laps later (it was originally 20 seconds immediately after the damage had fixed and I was still getting back up to speed, and even more after that from being alone), and from working with Mule and other drivers we picked up along the way we managed to get that gap down to just a couple of seconds by the last lap or two of the race. All that prevented us from catching the pack and passing a car or two was some more lag from me that gave me engine damage, and also my front right tyre giving up throughout the final lap having pushed Mule continually.

A further adjustment to the Homeslice/Ford Indy setup should provide another tiny increase in tyre life, which will also allow pushing for slightly longer. The adjustment I ran for the final race would have been sent to Tom (and presumably passed on to HMS along with all other S3 Ford setups (All S3 setups were actually just from S1 and S2 ;)) for this season) if he was able to run in it. Instead the only non-current Ford driver that knows this setup is Matty since he filled in for the double-header.

For S4 I will hopefully finally have access to a better road course setup (mine hasn't changed since the game came out, and was made with the help of others for full BHP at HSR with no thought about tyre wear), and what I'm hoping to be a better Daytona setup. I'm happy with my current Indy and SSRX setups, as the Indy race setup is fast with great tyre life (The race setup started 1 & 2 on the front row at Indy, and the Q setup got me the pole point), and the SSRX setup is fast but stable. It may not quite be the fastest setup (it originally was, but I didn't like how it handled), but we've not had a spin in an SSRX race yet other than ones caused by severe lag.

Bring on S4. Hopefully I won't have an excuse for not winning the chase this time around. (S1 and S2 can be blamed on the router, and S3 can be blamed on my lag in the final race)

Bring on S4. Hopefully I won't have an excuse for not winning the chase this time around. (S1 and S2 can be blamed on the router, and S3 can be blamed on my lag in the final race)
Sorry Joe, but at some point you have to stop using your router as an excuse.

S1 - Your router prevented you from competing in 4 of the Chase races. I get that, but you make it sound like you were leading the races and lagged out just before the end. After the first race you had a 3 point lead, and you were the favorite to win at that point. But the races weren't just going to be handed to you if your router decided to work.

S2 - You began the Chase with the most points tied with MStall, and didn't lag out of any races.

S3 - You had a lag incident, but were still able to finish 5th. While I on the other hand, missed an entire Chase race due to my internet and was forced to have last place points.

Winning a championship isn't about coming up with excuses when it goes wrong, it's about overcoming adversity and rising to the occasion.
I'm sorry if I sound rude in all of this, but I had to voice my thoughts.

Joe, when you win the Cup, I will not make excuses, and I will be the first person to congratulate you. I wish you good luck this season. 👍

Drop, I like the trophies. :)

Winning a championship isn't about coming up with excuses when it goes wrong, it's about overcoming adversity and rising to the occasion.
I'm sorry if I sound rude in all of this, but I had to voice my thoughts.

Joe, when you win the Cup, I will not make excuses, and I will be the first person to congratulate you. I wish you good luck this season. 👍

that sound rude a bit yea. But this is the truth.
But hey, we are human, we will always try to find an excuse for every things we do wrong.
Find excuse is a human reaction. So we don't need to be rude with someone who is trying to find some excuse. We just have to think: "Glad to see you're not a robot" ;)

Drop, in respect if those awesome Bio's you put together. How about adding a line for The SPRINTS?

Should look good! 👍

Ohhh... another good idea. 👍 Some bios are going to start to need their own thread. :scared:

Attachments

• Career_SC.pdf
    315.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Career_Road_SC.pdf
    183.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Career_Oval_SC.pdf
    184.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Career_NASCAR_Oval.pdf
    220 KB · Views: 10
  • Career_NASCAR_Road.pdf
    203.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Career_NASCAR_Total_1.pdf
    291.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Career_NASCAR_Total_2.pdf
    314.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Here's something that consumed most of my day here at work... a track record book.

I've only got Daytona done so far, but here it is. All data was input, then sorted.

The very top of the board is all race winners, sorted by most wins. Ties are broken with most podium finishes. After all winners comes drivers with most podium finishes. Ties for podiums are broken with most top 5 finishes. This continues until drivers are sorted by most top 10 finishes, where ties are broken by total laps led.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• GTP NASCAR Track Record Book.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 15
Placeholder!

~I just wanted to play too, but the new thread looked to clean to screw it up yet~

:D

FINAL STANDINGS PAYOUT:

1st place: RFLX_Niop - Receive any 5 items** from my trading thread + 1 year :gtplanet: Premium Membership

2nd place: JoeOfTheFire - Receive any 3 items from my trading thread

3rd place: Knelly - Receive any 1 item from my trading thread

1st Place: RFLX_Niop - Sent 2x NASCAR, Level 21, Level 23, Level 24, and ordered 1 year premium membership

2nd place: JoeOfTheFire - no items requested yet.

3rd place: Knelly - Sent 3x Silver Chrome, 2x Gold Chrome

Thanks Drop, will check tonight when I get on.

Two Things, SPRINT nominations in by midnight tonight please (EST), as I will start work on the Categories over the weekend.

And to remind you all that there is a pre-season test session tonight in the Euro Racecar, Pre Season Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back