GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
"...and was that a niner' I heard? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?"

Finally got within well, almost touching distance of the pole time. Going in the right direction anyway, progress seemed to stop when Cowboy's joined the room though..

Finally got within well, almost touching distance of the pole time. Going in the right direction anyway, progress seemed to stop when Cowboy's joined the room though..

Progress always stops when Cowboys is in the room.

'Matty. Matty. Matty. Matty. Matty. Matty. Matty. Matty. Matty.'

TomMcD

'Matty. Pop! Matty. Matty. Pop! Matty. Matty. Matty. Pop! Matty. Matty. Pop! Matty.'

ftfy :)

Anyway, when are we switching over onto the S4 thread?

Anyway, when are we switching over onto the S4 thread?

I was waiting for Knelly to do The Sprints for this season in this thread before we closed the thread. However, he's recently posted saying he's not going to do them.

Most of the nominations are already posted and sorted in the original post on page 1, though I expect we should wait a few more days for some last minute nominations to come in. I definitely plan on adding a few rivalry and race battle nominations from the doubleheader finale weekend.

So, we can wait and see if Knelly changes his mind and still wants to run them, or someone else can take them over and volunteer to receive and count the votes and post the results, or we can do away with them (a crappy option). I'll leave it up to you guys. Hopefully, Knelly will step back up to sort it out, or someone else will volunteer to do so in his place.

EDIT: If Knelly can't do them I will. For this season anyway.

Last edited:
TomMcD

'Matty. Matty. Matty. Matty. Matty. Matty. Matty. Matty. Matty.'

Pssshhh. I'm not that bad. Don't be silly.

It should say "Drop. Drop. Drop."

suHfq.png

Season 1 Trucks standings recovered, re counted, and now complete ;)

I was waiting for Knelly to do The Sprints for this season in this thread before we closed the thread. However, he's recently posted saying he's not going to do them.

Most of the nominations are already posted and sorted in the original post on page 1, though I expect we should wait a few more days for some last minute nominations to come in. I definitely plan on adding a few rivalry and race battle nominations from the doubleheader finale weekend.

So, we can wait and see if Knelly changes his mind and still wants to run them, or someone else can take them over and volunteer to receive and count the votes and post the results, or we can do away with them (a crappy option). I'll leave it up to you guys. Hopefully, Knelly will step back up to sort it out, or someone else will volunteer to do so in his place.

Still pissed about the lack of co-operation to try and amend a tentative schedule in plenty of time before the season actually started. It just blatantly comes across that I am not wanted in the 500, maybe because I have strong chance of performing well, maybe not. As Niop said earlier, if the season had already started then I wouldn't have ever posted the question, and thought the idea was to post a tentative schedule subject to change to try and accommodate everyone. Obviously not.

Anyway, when I have finished working on the Euro Racecar series (that has a test session this Friday), I will pick up the Sprints so you have until Midnight (EST) Friday to get any last minute nominations (not votes) in. Maybe worth a quick look through the S3 schedule to see if any more spring to mind and should be added.

Still pissed about the lack of co-operation to try and amend a tentative schedule in plenty of time before the season actually started. It just blatantly comes across that I am not wanted in the 500, maybe because I have strong chance of performing well, maybe not. As Niop said earlier, if the season had already started then I wouldn't have ever posted the question, and thought the idea was to post a tentative schedule subject to change to try and accommodate everyone. Obviously not.

Anyway, when I have finished working on the Euro Racecar series (that has a test session this Friday), I will pick up the Sprints so you have until Midnight (EST) Friday to get any last minute nominations (not votes) in. Maybe worth a quick look through the S3 schedule to see if any more spring to mind and should be added.

Knelly, you're still looking at this the wrong way. We're not doing this because we don't want to help you or because we don't want you in the 500. It's quite the opposite. We don't want to have to do this for everyone else if we do it for just you this time. If we do it once for only one out of 14 registered drivers, it's going to seriously piss someone else off when we don't do it the next time for just them.

All we would hear is how "You did this for Knelly so he could make the 500, and you now won't do it for me. This isn't fair. It's just because you don't like me." Have we ever had people say stuff like this before? :scared:

This isn't about you. It was never about whether or not to help you. It was about whether or not we want to feel obligated to change the schedule every time one single driver is going to miss a race. It's not reasonable.

Let me quote a PM I received, that asked to remain anonymous.

"As I was reading your post, it occurred to me that if it wasn't Knelly asking, then I would in fact be against a swap. I'm not a team owner, but if I had a vote, it would be to leave the schedule be. I'm choosing not to discuss this matter in the thread, due to potential arguments."

The other drivers want to help you. They do. But, they think it's more important to be fair to everyone all the time, than to make this exception this time. And honestly, I think they are right. If four or more drivers all had a real problem with a certain weekend, I would try my best to fix it so that they didn't have to miss, if it's reasonably possible. If it's not, that's why we have the substitute rule, just in case a driver can't make it.

This past season, RFLX skipped 2 out of 8 regular season races, and just kept right on going, cruising into the Chase. If you go back and look at S2, RFLX and Joe both missed the Daytona 500. Check out how RFLX handled missing out on the Daytona 500.

In fact, in S2, RFLX finished 2nd in regular season points despite starting only 6 of 7 races. ACDC skipped 3 out of 7 races, and was only 4 points out of 4th place in points. M-Stall skipped 2 out of 7 races, and still got 7th in the regular season, just 3 points behind ACDC. Joe missed 2 races, disconnected out of 2 more, so he really only had 3 true starts in 7 races. He finished 8th in regular season points, and still accumulated more points than 3 drivers that started all 7 regular season races. So far, you're only missing 1 out of 10 regular season races. You'll have plenty of time to make up ground, with way more races left than RFLX/ACDC/Joe/MStall had to make up points in S2, and a substitution to fall back on that they didn't even have as an option back then.

Missing races is going to happen. It's not the end of the world. Just show back up the next week and get back to it.

Take yourself out of the equation for a minute and seriously ask yourself this question. If Mule had asked to have a road-course race postponed where he was the only guy out of 14 that had a problem with showing up, would you want to alter the schedule just for him? I wouldn't.

MustangRyan
Take yourself out of the equation for a minute and seriously ask yourself this question. If Mule had asked to have a road-course race postponed where he was the only guy out of 14 that had a problem with showing up, would you want to alter the schedule just for him? I wouldn't.

If it were before the season started and with enough time before we got too close to the start, then absolutely I would help any way I could to agree amending the schedule so that a driver could race in his favourite event on the calendar.

If the season had started, then no, for myself or anyone else. It's being put that I was asking mid season. I would never expect that. I asked the best part of a month before we even got rolling again.

If it were my league then I would absolutely do my utmost to accommodate a driver request, jiggling a race or two around.

And I reiterate again, it was never about the points. Any other race I wouldn't be bothered, or have asked.

Bored now.

I think you guys need to kiss and make up before the start of the season, we've already had two of these arguments in the past month or so.

I have to say, I missed the chase race at Daytona and that was my best chance at grabbing some points and being competitive for the title along with the fact that those races are generally my favourites owing to their unpredictability yet it wasn't postponed and I didn't expect it to be.

Sorry Knell, Drop's right.

Yes, in respect of a mid season race which you find out you cannot make, then absolutely that's right. Completely disagree with it between seasons, but anyway.

Seriously though guys, believe it or not, I am not a moany person. Please don't think that I always 'pull a CrazyBassist' like this, it's not how I generally roll.

And there will be no kissing.

I must say I thought some would change it for him..

But ah well.

Please don't think that I always 'pull a CrazyBassist' like this, it's not how I generally roll.

Idk what u r talking about? Let's see I have complained about: A.) Being caught into someone elses wreck nearly every race; B.) Mule going down approx. 7min on last 2 laps at SSRX to ruin my race that my team should have won or how about when this so-called clean driver took out DoWhat like a Laser Guided Missile at Daytona PreSeason Race; C.) Rules are for everyone, not excluding a select few (2/3pts for Droptop)

I can keep going on.....I don't see how I have pulled anything other than stating my concerns and disbeliefs. I reckon the only problem I ever caused was with Niop, who I am currently driving for, so hmmmmm.....

Just quite Knelly, quite digging a hole and don't use me as an escape goat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back