GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone else can take on the thankless task of the SPRINTS this year. I've absolutely no inclination to do anything for anyone else in this series any more.

I may not be able to make the 500 either. What are the chances of getting the date changed if 2 drivers can't make it?

Furinkazen
Find the minimum PP of a 502hp car then? Though i see your point.

That would actually work, although we would have to see if it is the same for a unbroken in car and a broken in car.

EDIT: Personally I wanted it changed for Knelly, but now Niop's missing it I think with two very big names we should find a reschedule for it. Just drop a week, bring a race forward, (I know Daytona 500 starts the season but this isn't real)

MÜLE_9242;7385454
GT5 gives these cars much more downforce than in real life. That's a huge factor to being able to take Indy flat as well.

There's no way to enforce a downforce limit through lobby restrictions, so that's out as a viable enforceable option. If we enforce a PP limit, I would opt for less power and more downforce every time, and I couldn't be caught.

I honestly think the racing at Indy was as good and competitive as it's ever been, and that keeping it the way it is now should be considered. The packs were tight all race long. The race was very clean and competitive right down the last millisecond. RFLX and I exchanged the lead SEVEN times in the last 3 miles (starting at corner entry to turn 4 on lap 79). I think 11 out of 13 drivers led a lap, which is incredible for Indy. Of the two drivers that didn't lead a lap, smuffy probably could have, but was pushing other cars most of the race. Cowboys probably would have, had he not disconnected ~12 laps into the 80-lap race.

Something I don't understand:
We are trying to outlaw bumpdrafting at Indy but we are perfectly fine with bumpdrafting at Motegi :indiff:

And the drama has already begun... :rolleyes:

I refuse to say anything more about moving any race. I will vote no every time anyone asks to move a race, and do not expect anyone to move a race for me in the case that I cannot make one. This includes Joe and Drop.

Partyhat, it's not a case of bump drafting, it's a case of taking Indy flat out.

I secretly suspect that Niop is intentionally trying to trick me into frustration, therefore I would fail to achieve my previously announced 'goals' for the beginning of the season. Nice try, worthy adversary, but not this day. My aim is strait and true, look out. Muahahaaa!:mischievous:

For me I have to consider the organisation of running TWO other championships. TOCA was going to have an off week due to the NW / Sprint Daytona openers, and Trucks as well the day before. I can't keep moving things around.

MÜLE_9242;7385573
Partyhat, it's not a case of bump drafting, it's a case of taking Indy flat out.
Originally, it was deemed as a case of non-competitive racing because of bump-drafting.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6735192#post6735192

Now that most people have settled their setups to run in tandems and dirty air, the racing is back to being pretty competitive from the top of the field almost all the way to the bottom.

I may not be able to make the 500 either. What are the chances of getting the date changed if 2 drivers can't make it?

I'm afraid the timing of your question is going to cause most people to assume that you're just screwing with them, whether it's true or not. If you really can't make it to the 500, and would like to poll the other owners, you're quite welcome to do so.

Mudd
I secretly suspect that Niop is intentionally trying to trick me into frustration, therefore I would fail to achieve my previously announced 'goals' for the beginning of the season. Nice try, worthy adversary, but not this day. My aim is strait and true, look out. Muahahaaa!:mischievous:

:lol:

You're gonna be a blast to race against.

Also, I have a nurb gp/d room open. anyone's allowed in, though I left mics off

Niop. Remember, Sarcasm gets lost over the internet. Its why no-one understands I am the funniest man alive :)

Furinkazen
Niop. Remember, Sarcasm gets lost over the internet. Its why no-one understands I am the funniest man alive :)

Well, I laughed out loud at that. :lol:

:lol: you caught me.

In all seriousness, I wasn't planning on running in the 500 this season. It's just a long race, and I'm just not as excited for it as others. That and I need to let my broken thumb heal, so the more time off the better. But I was just trying to use this to help someone out that has a passion for this particular race.

Had the season already started, in no way would I expect a race to be rescheduled in any way for me or anyone else. This is the time to get any scheduling conflicts resolved.

Niop

In all seriousness, I wasn't planning on running in the 500 this season. It's just a long race, and I'm just not as excited for it as others. That and I need to let my broken thumb heal, so the more time off the better. But I was just trying to use this to help someone out that has a passion for this particular race.

Had the season already started, in no way would I expect a race to be rescheduled in any way for me or anyone else. This is the time to get any scheduling conflicts resolved.

I guessed that you were trying that and tried to play it.

I should apologise, just didn't want Knelly to miss what he would regard as his favourite and most enjoyable race.

Niop

Thanks Champ.

I would just like it known that I did not ask Niop at any point to get involved or try and sway decisions. This is all his own words. But they are all true.

New post on GTP America. Should be okay on computers but not showing any line breaks on my phone. Can't link properly either as you will only get the mobile link.

New post on GTP America. Should be okay on computers but not showing any line breaks on my phone. Can't link properly either as you will only get the mobile link.

Managed to read it fine on my phone 👍

Niop has confirmed I can provide the following information.

The 2011 #48 will driven by ACDC this year, on his return to the series
The 2011 #24 will be driven by myself
The 2010 #24 will therefore be driven by Tom

I was somewhat expecting that the wild card rule would be taken out BTW...

The wild card rule has been modified to require at least 6 starts out of the 10 regular season races if you're using a win to bypass the 8th place points position. Is that a reasonable enough amount of starts, or should it be 7 out of 10 starts to qualify if you have a win and less points than 8th place?

If no driver outside the top 7 has a win, and the 8th place person gets in because of having the highest point total, I don't think the number of starts is relevant. That driver would have started enough races to outscore everyone under them on points, and is definitely the most deserving wild card entry.

Thoughts?

I'd just like to see 8 people actively in the Chase, not 6.

The worst thing to happen is missing a Chase spot and then having a driver from ahead to not start in more than one or two races. That would be a complete waste.

I think since we've got more drivers this time around, expanding the chase spots by 1 or 2 could be a good idea?

I was somewhat expecting that the wild card rule would be taken out BTW...

With a wild card spot available to any driver that wins a race (and makes 6+ starts), that means that all full-time drivers will probably go into the last regular season race with a chance to still qualify for the Chase, if they can win the race. That should keep the races exciting for everyone, even the full-time driver that is 14th in points entering the final race of the regular season.

I think since we've got more drivers this time around, expanding the chase spots by 1 or 2 could be a good idea?

It should not be too easy to get into the Chase. Getting into the Chase should be an accomplishment in itself. If we put 10 out of 14 full-time drivers into the Chase, nearly everyone makes it (especially once a few drivers drop out, as seems to happen every season), and it's not as big of a deal for those that did make it. I'm hoping that by keeping the Chase field limited to 8 drivers, we get only our best and most active drivers in the Chase.

I think what happened this past season was a fluke. One driver quit at the end of the season. Nothing can prevent drivers from leaving at any time. One driver had connection issues. Nothing we can do can prevent that, either. One driver cleverly took advantage of a rule that allowed a wild-card spot to anyone that won a race. That can be prevented, and a new rule is in place to hopefully help prevent that.

I think a less-inclusive Chase field will encourage better competition, especially as the regular season starts to wind down and 7 drivers really start to fight for that last wild-card spot. It also keeps consistent attendance more important, as a driver will still need to show up to race every week to stay in the top 7, safely in the Chase field.

EDIT - I'm also thinking about putting the 9th place points position further up in the draft, so that the drivers outside the Chase have a good reason to keep racing hard in the 5 Chase races. Maybe have the "best of the rest" 9th place driver draft right after the NW champion, instead of after the top 3 in the NW series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back