GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not as if I asked during the season. If it were then I would have to lump it, no questions asked.

I've asked weeks before the season is actually to start, and initially the day the 'proposed schedule', and then after the Owners were agreed as was suggested to by Drop.

Called 'proposed schedule' for a reason I thought.

Anyway, I've put my pre season request in.

EDIT : it actually states 'tentative' in the S4 thread!

Last edited:
I'd really rarther you didn't do everything a week earlier to be honest. I get back from a 9 hour car ride currently a couple of hours before the 500 in that case.

It's not as if I asked during the season. If it were then I would have to lump it, no questions asked.

I've asked weeks before the season is actually to start, and initially the day the 'proposed schedule', and then after the Owners were agreed as was suggested to by Drop.

Called 'proposed schedule' for a reason I thought.

Anyway, I've put my pre season request in.

EDIT : it actually states 'tentative' in the S4 thread!

It is a tentative schedule, and you are allowed to request a change to it. I don't have a problem with that at all.

I'm just letting you know that if everyone approves this change for you alone, everyone else is going to expect the same to be done for them when something comes up for them that keeps only them from making it to a scheduled race. At some point, it's going to become a problem, and someone is going to be pissed off. Or, we'll just keep delaying races, and the season will take an extra 4-5 weeks to get completed.

This is a further option that might work?

This is the current schedule up to the All Star Weekend (which still has two off weeks before the Chase starts):

08-11-12: Preseason Exhibition: - Bud Shootout @ Daytona International Speedway (50 laps)

08-18-12: 01: Daytona 500 @ Daytona International Speedway (200 laps) - Grand Slam race 1
08-25-12: 02: FedEx 150 @ SS Route X (8 laps)**
09-01-12: (OFF WEEK - NO RACE) (Labor Day weekend)
09-08-12: 03: Red Bull 175km @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza - No Chicanes (30 laps)
09-15-12: 04: Southern 300 @ Motegi Superspeedway (200 laps)** - Grand Slam race 2
09-22-12: 05: Lowes 175 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (70 Laps)
09-29-12: (OFF WEEK - NO RACE)
10-06-12: 06: Office Depot 135km @ Suzuka East (60 laps)

10-13-12: GTP Sprint All-Star Weekend @ Daytona International Speedway
(40-lap NW qualifier, 40-lap Open Cup qualifier, 30-lap Main Event, 10-lap Finale)

This is what I propose:

08-18-12: Preseason Exhibition: - Bud Shootout @ Daytona International Speedway (50 laps)

08-25-12: 01: Daytona 500 @ Daytona International Speedway (200 laps) - Grand Slam race 1
09-01-12: (OFF WEEK - NO RACE) (Labor Day weekend)
09-08-12: 02: FedEx 150 @ SS Route X (8 laps)**
09-15-12: 03: Red Bull 175km @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza - No Chicanes (30 laps)
09-22-12: 04: Southern 300 @ Motegi Superspeedway (200 laps)** - Grand Slam race 2
09-29-12: 05: Lowes 175 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (70 Laps)
10-06-12: 06: Office Depot 135km @ Suzuka East (60 laps)

10-13-12: GTP Sprint All-Star Weekend @ Daytona International Speedway
(40-lap NW qualifier, 40-lap Open Cup qualifier, 30-lap Main Event, 10-lap Finale)

This gives everyone an extra week before it all starts, allowing those Europeans coming back of holidays with most then able to make the Bud Shootout (which I would miss).

It still keeps in the Labor Day Holiday Weekend as a break.

It takes out an off week that had no public holidays which gives us a 5 week race stretch before the All Star race (which some will not qualify for and would consider a break), and we are back on track with the rest of the schedule very quickly.

Seems sensible I think?

I wasn't around when Niop and Acdc were spanking everyone, (my first ever Indy start was this season) so that has nothing to do with it. I just don't think we should be able to take Indy flat out the entire time. I'll still race if it's changed or not, but yeah.

Akmuq's right, just Talladega and Daytona.

I would be in favor of a swap or moving them forward a week, no complaints here.
I've PM'ed the other 4 team owners to see what they think about rearranging the schedule so Knelly can participate in the 500. As soon as we have a majority vote, I'll let you know.

EDIT - nevermind, will post results separate since lots of posts were made since I refreshed.

Last edited:
Okay, I have to ask:

Is it really needed to make a post in a thread telling someone you've pm'd them? The forums already let you know when you get a PM.

MÜLE_9242;7385254
Okay, I have to ask:

Is it really needed to make a post in a thread telling someone you've pm'd them? The forums already let you know when you get a PM.

It is when your not sure if they have it... or as a reminder.

And before anyone jumps on a bandwagon, nothing to do with the Daytona 500 matter.

The votes came back rather quickly.

By a vote of 4 (JGR/FR/RBR/SGR) to 1 (HMS), the decision is to run the schedule as currently planned, maintaining the scheduled breaks every three weeks. I'll keep what was specifically said private, unless any certain owner wants to publicly post their own opinion. But, the majority of the owners agreed that altering the schedule for just one out of 14 drivers wasn't a reasonable request.

MÜLE_9242;7384456
I wasn't around when Niop and Acdc were spanking everyone, (my first ever Indy start was this season) so that has nothing to do with it. I just don't think we should be able to take Indy flat out the entire time. I'll still race if it's changed or not, but yeah.

I think our current specs feel pretty realistic...except at Indy Speedway. I'm usually against having different regs for individual tracks, but there's no way we should be able to push each other around those corners. Niop's old Thursday league had some much more realistic regulations specifically for Indy racing. I think it would be worth a trial run.

Edit: keep in mind, making a change would likely make accidents more common at Indy, there are drawbacks to the realism

Last edited:
Edit: keep in mind, making a change would likely make accidents more common at Indy, there are drawbacks to the realism

I doubt it, if we were on, as Mule suggested, Sport Hards and 700BHP there's a good chance the field will spread out.

Yep, exactly as I suspected. It was obviously worded very well Drop. Well done on the continuous influencing of others.

It was not an unreasonable request and backed by a reasonable solution as well.

Thanks guys.

And its called democracy. We were given the chance to vote and we responded, I bet you would complain if it was just up to drop as the field would not have been consulted...

And the PM's were worded rather fairly as well fyi :)

Yep, exactly as I suspected. It was obviously worded very well Drop. Well done on the continuous influencing of others.

It was not an unreasonable request and backed by a reasonable solution as well.

Thanks guys.

I spent a lot of time making that schedule, trying to implement suggestions that a lot of people had made previously. I laid the dates out as carefully as I possibly could to avoid major holidays, and to give us a break once every four weekends, so people would stop getting burned out from the long, continuous season.

I'm sorry the first date doesn't work for you, but the rest of the owners were all in complete agreement that one driver isn't enough reason to change the schedule. I seem to recall that several drivers had the same attitude towards me (that I should take the 2/3 substitution) when I asked to postpone the first Chase race of this season (even as the league host that tried to work around everyone else's issues as they came up, with example 1 and example 2 linked).

Last edited:
Chin up Knelly, yea it's the 500, but being the very first points race, you should have no problem making up the points through the season. Life takes precedence over the game, and our sad fact is, this is just a game that we all just happen to love . :D

It was never about the points. It was about the 500. It was about through three full seasons adhering to every request and schedule change to the point of grief at home. It was about thinking I had little respect here and with offering a reasonable solution would get me a little sway and backing.

Last edited:
To be fair, the only difference between the 500 and an 80/100 lap race is it takes longer, I don't care if I'm getting flamed for this but I'm just saying it how it is.

Problem is if we adhered to that request (which you had every right to make) then it could be seen (at least imo) as favouritism towards a driver. So if I suddenly couldn't make a race, I could think I have a right to get a race cancelled, as does everyone else. It's nothing personal.

I doubt it, if we were on, as Mule suggested, Sport Hards and 700BHP there's a good chance the field will spread out.

It spreads the field out, but the cars would be harder to control, which could very well lead to increased single-car spins. It's a trade-off, but we're big boys and should be able to handle it.

I already requested we test it, but I'm fine either way, whether it's changed or not.

GT5 gives these cars much more downforce than in real life. That's a huge factor to being able to take Indy flat as well.

Agreed, and our points have been made. Drops plate is pretty full with this series, if there is to be a test for Indy then I'm in, but if Drop doesn't want to complicate things anymore then they are then I'm fine as we are.

Furinkazen
Mandate minimum aero for Indy on all cars? 💡

Then we have the side effect of tire wear being even more brutal. If we do that, you'd have to also go on sports tires or else we would have to pit every 15 laps.

Also, it's impossible to enforce both a hp limit and a pp limit.

MÜLE_9242;7385509
Then we have the side effect of tire wear being even more brutal. If we do that, you'd have to also go on sports tires or else we would have to pit every 15 laps.

Also, it's impossible to enforce both a hp limit and a pp limit.

Find the minimum PP of a 502hp car then? Though i see your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back