GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drop, I think you confused the points of Ford and Red Bull for Indy... :dopey:

Crap, you're right. Thankfully, it doesn't change their order in the final standings. I'll get it updated tonight when I get home from work.

For all of you that raced Saturday at Indy, do you really want something changed so that the cars can't bumpdraft around the track together at Indy next season? I know there was some concern in the past. However, I thought Saturday's race showed that the entire field can be competitive, even with the current specs allowing bumpdrafting. I honestly believe that most of the concern over bumpdrafting before was because almost no one could keep up with RFLX/ACDC, and they ran off and won a lot of races together at Indy in Season 2. I think the field has gotten a lot better since then, in both their collective driving and tuning. I think the rise of the field negates most of the advantage that was enjoyed a season ago, and the racing is pretty much even again. What do you guys think?

Change it, we already have Daytona and SSRX, make it more of a drivers track rather then a setup track.:mischievous:

Perhaps a test session with whatever the change would be. I'm not voting for a change yet, but I wouldn't mind trying it just to find out if I like it better... and I'm bored stupid cooped up in this house...

Now that we gave the team owners in place is it a good time to ask if we can swap weeks 1 and 2 around please. As it stands I will miss the 500, and really don't want to.

Now that we gave the team owners in place is it a good time to ask if we can swap weeks 1 and 2 around please. As it stands I will miss the 500, and really don't want to.

Run something other than the Daytona 500 as the first race of the season? 👎 👎

You'll have a better chance getting everyone to vote to move the Bud Shootout and Daytona 500 forward one week, and just putting an off-week in place of the 500's current date. But, that messes up our three weeks on, one week off, as it would give us two races, a week off, one race, a week off, then three races.

I can't speak for anyone else, but being that it's still Summer, I have no complaints about having weeks off. Usually when we do take a week off, those of us that can still race end up putting something together anyways. Its an extremely long schedule regardless, one week either direction really doesn't seem to make much difference this early. Two cents!

Actually, this could be a good Idea, start a week early, do the 3 races. Week off, 3weeks on.

Get Nationwide (MÜLE), Trucks (Furinkazen), IndyCar (TomMcD) and Indy Lights (Joe and Matty) to have weeks off but so they never fall on the same week as SC and end all on the same weekend.

Simples :D

Whole premise of the Trucks now is they support NW and SC. Trucks end before the chase begins anyhow.

Also i'm probably going to have the 18th August (Sprint Cup and NW Season 4 opener IIRC) as a TOCA off week, it will double as a mid season TOCA break and ensure both NASCAR events can run best they can. Hell, if drop's regulars agreed, the 500 could be bought forward by a few minutes as well.

Furinkazen
Whole premise of the Trucks now is they support NW and SC. Trucks end before the chase begins anyhow.

Also i'm probably going to have the 18th August (Sprint Cup and NW Season 4 opener IIRC) as a TOCA off week, it will double as a mid season TOCA break and ensure both NASCAR events can run best they can. Hell, if drop's regulars agreed, the 500 could be bought forward by a few minutes as well.

Well that's not a problem either. What works works..

Actually, this could be a good Idea, start a week early, do the 3 races. Week off, 3weeks on.

Get Nationwide (MÜLE), Trucks (Furinkazen), IndyCar (TomMcD) and Indy Lights (Joe and Matty) to have weeks off but so they never fall on the same week as SC and end all on the same weekend.

Simples :D

We're already scheduled to do 3-on and 1-off until the end of the season with the way the schedule is set as of right now.

MustangRyan
Run something other than the Daytona 500 as the first race of the season? 👎 👎

You'll have a better chance getting everyone to vote to move the Bud Shootout and Daytona 500 forward one week, and just putting an off-week in place of the 500's current date. But, that messes up our three weeks on, one week off, as it would give us two races, a week off, one race, a week off, then three races.

I didn't want to interfere with the weeks off as they nicely suited the Americans here. That's why I asked for the swap. Really I am just asking for a way that the 500 can be a different weekend, so that I can run it.

Would like to think the guys here would try and be amicable towards me in this as I never complain about, or ask for, the schedule to change.

Any other race that weekend, and I just miss it

Drop put quite an effort into coming up with this schedule, it would be a shame to mess it up now. The 500 is an iconic season opener, for sure, but Knelly has also been somewhat iconic in our particular series. I could live with the swap.

1 dropped score? Week before is Shootout week and I know TomMcD and Chqr might be missing that...

I would be in favor of a swap or moving them forward a week, no complaints here.

In regards to Indy testing, I think throwing CS tyres on is worth a shot. Should give us the racing people are looking for.

Mudd
Drop put quite an effort into coming up with this schedule, it would be a shame to mess it up now. The 500 is an iconic season opener, for sure, but Knelly has also been somewhat iconic in our particular series. I could live with the swap.

Thanks mate 👍

Plus, I have been asking since the day the schedule came out, and was told to wait till the Owners were in place so it could be voted on at least.

CS tyres at Indy ? :scared:

And if Sprint Cup schedule gets moved forward one week i'll shift Trucks up one.

Let's set up a 30-or-so lap Indy on CS race. We should try to get at least 10 or so involved to really test the pack racing.

Why don't we run with more power? Only Daytona goes at 500BHP anyway, the rest are around 800BHP IRL....

A race swap is out of the question. Only the Daytona 500 will open the regular season.

We basically have 3 options with the scheduling of the Daytona 500:

1. Run the schedule as it's currently set.

2. Start the season a week early. Move all races up one week. This will put the Thanksgiving holiday off-week from the end of the regular season to after week 1 of the Chase. 👎

3. Start the season a week early. Move only the Bud Shootout and Daytona 500 up one week. Adds an extra off-week between the 500 and the rest of the season, with another off-week already scheduled after race #2. 👎

Out of those options, my preference would be option 1, option 3, then option 2, in that order.

I'm going to be completely honest here. I don't like shifting the schedule for only one driver, as it sets a precedent.

As much as I would like to help Knelly out, I don't want to have to do it for everyone else when they ask me to help them out for their favorite race/track. I understand that the 500 is a huge race, and everyone wants to run in it, and have a chance to win it. But, if we all agree to move the date of the 500 for only Knelly's benefit, we're going to be expected to start shifting dates and moving races around for everyone else when they have something come up but don't want to miss a race. If we do it for Knelly now, and don't do it for everyone else later, drivers are going to get angry and claim we all have favoritism toward Knelly or bias against them.

It would be different if this was a holiday weekend, or if several drivers had an issue with the same date, like we had with the last scheduled week for this season (this upcoming Saturday). I don't mind accomodating a group of drivers when possible (and I didn't really like the double-header "solution", as I know it put Carb and Furi out of the second race because of time constraints), but it's hard to justify altering the schedule for just a single driver, especially for a Non-Chase race. This is why we put one-time substitutions into the system.

Slightly off topic, but I noticed PD blurred out the Coors Light Symbol on the side of the 18.

6fbb7585.jpg

Guess it's too hardcore for E rating. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back