GTP Online Racing Bureau (GTP ORB) Now Hiring!

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 1,489 comments
An ORB photography service would be cool, if that's what you mean.
The person who wants photos uploads the replay data to mediafire, or a similar site and gives the ORB a brief description of what they'd like.

Have you guys seen the GTRA's rally thread?
The OP made me go :embarrassed:.
How do you do that?

Last edited:
The GTRA thread certainly is nice, but I prefer the simplicity of the FMSC thread.

Very clean and easy to replicate.

I'll make the OP's for both Photo threads in the next coming days and I'll link them here. Make sure you have nice fat car collections!

So Jordan got back to me on the standard avatars and it looks like the new forum software we're going to be moving to (in an unspecified time) wont support them at all, so that project is being scrapped.

The group-photo request thread will be up soon though!

Eddie, ED, EeeDee... have you started work on an OP? If you haven't, I can start work on one as well. I'm ready to just go off of nothing, blindly shoot in the dark and then we can revise it and add in stuff as we see fit.

All we really need it a "frame" for it posted in here so we can all edit and revise it until we all agree its what we're looking for

I guess this idea's gone down the drain?
Theres a Inter-league shootout on the 3rd Dec and Im thinking if ORB can do the stewarding? just an idea

Yeah, I think the idea really just died. A shame really, I wanted this to pull through.

I don't think any stewarding could "officially" be done by ORB until we have constructed everything we need to begin with.

EliteDreamer
Yeah, I think the idea really just died. A shame really, I wanted this to pull through.

I don't think any stewarding could "officially" be done by ORB until we have constructed everything we need to begin with.

Now that I think about it, this could be the perfect "test."

You mean the stewarding? To see if it actually works? Obvious answers to my questions? Everyone needs to reassemble to start the discussion again, you may be on to something.

Sorry lads, received confirmation that Only members of the 3D3 and/or WRS are stewards...back to the drawing boards I guess...

I had a similar idea: have drivers enter the organization as kart drivers, then once they earn enough points or time in a kart they can move up to, say, touring Mazda Roadsters, then keep moving up the ranks until they drive what they wanna drive, like NASCAR, Formula GT, Le Mans, DTM, IndyCar, etc. It would be a cool concept if it stuck.

Drum404
I had a similar idea: have drivers enter the organization as kart drivers, then once they earn enough points or time in a kart they can move up to, say, touring Mazda Roadsters, then keep moving up the ranks until they drive what they wanna drive, like NASCAR, Formula GT, Le Mans, DTM, IndyCar, etc. It would be a cool concept if it stuck.

I don't think most people would like that. They'd want to drive what they want to without needing to work for it.

1. Rules.

ORB uses the same rules as GTPlanet, the reasoning is simple: Those rules are fair, effective and proven. There's no need to make a whole new set of rules for our members to remember, when the differences are so slight that there really isn't any difference. This could change in the future but only if we see enough conflictions with the GTPlanet rules. At the same time, we could make a case to GTPlanet to change their rules accordingly, but that's just wishful thinking (unless there are some serious flaws that we discover and they agree with, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.)

2. Purpose.

ORB Exists to help market, rationalize and shape your series into a fine machine. ORB members will help in a series formation process by testing a multitude of cars, tunes and other variables to ensure everything is fun and competitive. However, all of our aide is not required and if the series organizer neglects to use certain aspects of our recommendations then we shouldn't cry foul.

3. Marketing.

You may enlist ORB to help you create promotional images and OP's to make your series look exciting and attractive.

I've had a hard time working on stuff because I've kind of pulled back and re-thought how we should approach this. What if instead of being the FIA, we act more like an independent company of sorts that you can bring on to make your series fair, competitive and attractive using our assets and experience, with our only return request being that you cite our work using "Powered by ORB" or "Governed by ORB" monikers and related images in your OP.

It's obvious that we're all trying to bite off WAY more than we can chew here, and I think we're overwhelming ourselves with more work than we can handle or are willing to handle at least. Going by two of the criteria above we combine work with play because one of those criteria involves driving and testing and the other involves photo mode! So we can play the game and do the things we love, while still running ORB.

I think we start with this, get the ORB name out there by helping people moderate their series, govern their cars and make their OP's look good and then later we add more if we want to or have the time. Keep this short, simple and really sweet.

I'm assuming that's a bit you have drafted for the OP? I like it, and I also like what you were saying after the draft area. Although, your Rules section makes me feel like there's some form of discussion going on with another person, maybe even an argument. It doesn't seem to share the same view as the other two. I don't know, that's just how I feel about that one. :lol:

I'm assuming that's a bit you have drafted for the OP? I like it, and I also like what you were saying after the draft area. Although, your Rules section makes me feel like there's some form of discussion going on with another person, maybe even an argument. It doesn't seem to share the same view as the other two. I don't know, that's just how I feel about that one. :lol:

I've not been discussing anything with anyone, unless you count myself :sly:

I really think that making all new rules is silly, or if anything, it should be up to the racing series creator. If someone wants to make their own rules, let them (stewards would have to remember and acknowledge them, however). If you wanna use ORB rules, look to GTPlanets OLR rule set since that works.

We are here to moderate your series and make sure it's competitive. We are here to help develop your series through testing (cars and point structure) to make sure it's fair and interesting. We are here to provide you with a simple, clean and eye catching OP format to make your series attractive and we're here to stage photographs and create promotional images to convey the image of your series to others right off the bat.

Photo Request thread!

So I made that thread I said I was going to do awhile back. No ORB branding on it but I can add it later. If any of you guys would like to participate then feel free to volunteer!

Back