• Thread starter Peter.
  • 11 comments
Jamaica
Kingston, Jamaica
pj-gm
PJwasHere876
The Japanese Grand Prix

_49440949_petrovout.jpg

Presented by the GTPlanet Online Racing Bureau (ORB)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5720438#post5720438
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5720438#post5720438

Race Overview:

fireshot-capture-2-the-official-formula-1-website-www_formula1_com_races_in_detail_japan_820_circuit_diagram_html-555x342.png

The GTPlanet Online Racing Bureau is proud to present to you, the Japanese Grand Prix! This race will take place on the weekend of the Japanese Grand Prix, and will take place at the legendary Suzuka Circuit! Your skill and ability will be pushed to the maximum as you manovre your car through the 18 corners this figure-of-eight race track has to offer. Some of racing's greatest legends have battled it out and been crowned winners here, and perhaps you could now join the ranks amongst the legends.

The race will take part on the weekend of the Japanese Grand Prix. The final race time is set for 2pm Est pending availability of the registrants. The lobby will be opened at 12:30pm, and the track will be reset at 1:30 for qualifying. The weather will not be fixed therefore is subject to change during the event.

There will be test/practice sessions before the race weekend to balance the cars and set and handicaps necessary to make them even in performance.

Hosts are to be decided.

APTsugufumi-Matsumoto4.jpg
z7cqooqtvx.jpg

Onboard Lap

[YOUTUBEHD]N5Q1xQde0-k[/YOUTUBEHD]

The Cars:

37053303.jpg

Rules and Regulations:

Number of Laps - 53

Circuit Length - 5.807km

Race Distance - 307.471km

Please ensure that you have read and understand the GTPlanet OLR Rules and Guidelines. Anyone found breaking these rules in the race will be penalized.

Driving Assists: TBD​

Mechanical Damage: Heavy

Grip Reduction: Real

Mics will be turned off for the lobby

Entry List:

1. Magzire (Magzire22) - Team? (F2007)
2. posimosh (posiloan, GTP_posimosh) - Team? (F2007)
3. Peter (pj-gm) - Team? (F2007)
4. akmuq (GTP_akmuq) - Team? (F10)
To register, fill out the form below:

GTPlanet Username:
Playstation Network ID:
Region:
Car:
Preferred day and time for the race:

Last edited:
oh yeah

GTPlanet Username: Magzire
Playstation Network ID: Magzire22
Region: Ireland
Car: F1 2007

Just to be clear, This would be sunday at 3pm est correct? If so, I suppose I would be up for it....
PSN:Posiloan (or) GTP_posimosh
Car: F2007
Team: No preference ( I do know Maguire^^ so if he isn't opposed to it, we could be teamates. Unless he objects or gets on my nerves) JK mags!

This should go into the spot-race section Peter.

Good combo, the awesome draft should be warned against though, people won't be very patient in turn one when everyone feels like they have a run on each other all at the same time.

Hey guys, Sorry, rather busy yesterday.

Teams, i'm perfectly fine with doing teams, so do find yourself a partner to race with.

As for why it's not in the spot races forum, that forum is really if you want someone to join your online lobby for spec racing or whatnot, not for a big race such as this. That, and The Monaco Grand Prix was in the Racing Series forum and stayed there. This forum is fairly more active than that one as well, which may help us get some more attention.

Peter.
As for why it's not in the spot races forum, that forum is really if you want someone to join your online lobby for spec racing or whatnot, not for a big race such as this. That, and The Monaco Grand Prix was in the Racing Series forum and stayed there. This forum is fairly more active than that one as well, which may help us get some more attention.

The Spot Races sub-forum is for any one-off race, whether it be spur of the moment or planned in advance, that isn't associated with a Championship Series that runs a regular schedule and keeps track of points. When the Spot Races sub-forum was created the Mods moved the Monaco Grand Prix thread there, and it's still there. So I'd say this one should probably be there. 👍

I suppose so, i'll sort that out in a bit.

Everyone, tonight will be our very first test session! So please do show up, everyone who is interested. I'll have the lobby number posted right here, and we will commence testing.

:cheers:

Signed you up.

I won't be able to make this weekend, and considering the low numbers, i've been busy in the week, i'm afraid i'll have to delay this to next weekend.

Bump for justice.

The Spec II Update must have sparked back some interest in this in some persons. I haven't been doing the job of promoting very well though.

Just got my hands on an F10.
Im in whenever this is, though I still think this needs to be in the spot races thread (and perhaps with a post giving a link to the spot race in the interest thread)

Back