GT7 Apparently September 2024 Update Prediction

• Thread starter Dbwasson
  • 464 comments
https://blog.playstation.com/2024/09/25/first-look-report-ps5-pro-games/
From the article:"GT7 is targeting a November release for a new patch that will add several new PS5 Pro-focused rendering modes, including a Raytrace Priority mode that adds eye-catching new car reflections."
Can't wait for everyone to get hyped (including me) just to recieve a regular update without anything special besides those aforementioned PS5 Pro-focused enhancements, which most of the players won't be experiencing.

Though I'm pretty sure there will be a noticable amount of cars, probably around 7-9.

From the article:"GT7 is targeting a November release for a new patch that will add several new PS5 Pro-focused rendering modes, including a Raytrace Priority mode that adds eye-catching new car reflections."
Time to unpack that:
  • November release (part 1) - Guess the November update is going to be PS5Pro-specific to make up for not having a day-one update, with little to offer for those of us who aren't going to pony up high-triple/low-four figures for a console refresh.
  • November release (part 2) - I would not rule out a decent content drop in October because (and this might be the hopium talking) I just don't see PD going 5 months between content updates for the masses.
  • Several new PS5 Pro-focused rendering modes - We know of only two (both mentioned in the PS post), so there's hope that one of those will be an improved PSVR2 experience (not that I would know as I am a poor candidate for VR in more ways than one).

There it is, it sounds like 5 months to wait for 3 cars, 5 events, a free demo and features for an expensive console that just a few people will be able to afford...

Or bad redaction and is only specific for Pro patch but we should get at least another patch in October with regular content

The fact that it mentions "A new patch" as opposed to "The New Patch" doesn't necessarily scream to me immediately that November is when we get the next update. Still just waiting around, especially with a busy time at Tokyo in General between TGS AND the GTWC.

The fact that it mentions "A new patch" as opposed to "The New Patch" doesn't necessarily scream to me immediately that November is when we get the next update. Still just waiting around, especially with a busy time at Tokyo in General between TGS AND the GTWC.
I’m glad you have said this cause I wondered myself.

By the wording, technically it doesn’t necessarily mean we won’t get an update in October - it’s rather that for when it comes to November specifically, it’s related to PS5 Pro as described.

So perhaps we shouldn’t count our chickens just yet…

Also no october update apparently
Again, "A new patch" does not automatically mean there won't be an October Update. It just specifies that November is when a PS5 Pro focused update is scheduled.

Last edited:
This could end up being similar to the Spec II update with 8 cars and lots of other goodies 😊 It would be exactly a year in November. If that's the case, I really don't mind waiting a bit longer.

With how comically closed-off PD is about, well, anything, I'm surprised they even managed to get that November release date out of them. Usually it's just "Soon..."

Again, "A new patch" does not automatically mean there won't be an October Update. It just specifies that November is when a PS5 Pro focused update is scheduled.
The PS5 Pro launch is November 7th.

If there's an October update that is not the Pro update, it'd mean either we get two updates in about two weeks (not happening) or PD are missing the Pro's launch window for their support for it (not impossible, but it'd be a pretty bad look for them).

It's far more likely IMO that it's a July/August 2023 scenario, where the "October" update comes a week into November.

Latest Posts

Back