GTP Vintage NASCAR S2 | Niop takes the title!

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 271 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom.

Premium
England
Sheffield
Tom_97_COD
VintageNASCAR-1.png

This is a short three race festival to be held on Sunday evenings in July; the room will open at 19:00BST, qualifying will be a 15 minute free run from 19:15BST until green flag at 19:30BST. This is designed to be a bit of fun and a laugh and has been squeezed into a gap between the end of the WSC and the beginning of the summer holidays here in Britain. Please note you'll need to purchase the Motegi DLC to compete in the final round.

S2 Car - Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70 (Fully upgraded with racing hard tyres)

Race 1: The Firecracker 200 - 80 laps of Daytona International Speedway (8th July)

Race 2: The Brickyard 200 - 80 laps of Indianapolis Motor Speedway (15th July)

Race 3: The Rebel 200 - 130 laps of Motegi Oval (22nd July)

Driver List

TomMcD / Tom_97_COD #3
Carbonox / Carbonox #29
Knelly / Knelly #18
Niop / RFLX_Niop #48
Furinkazen / Furinkazen #54
Matty / MattyMc1996 #17
Litchi / GTP_Litchi #30
akmuq / GTP_akmuq #15
gorsad / gorsad #14
Chqr / Chqr #11
haitch40 / haitch40 #1
Its Vanilla / itsvanilla #6
neljack / neljack #66
rustyMercedes / FrasierCrane #22
kenkwilinski / CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 #83
Cowboys965 / Cowboys965 #43
FlyingFox / FlyingFox_85 #85
MÜLE_9242 / MULE_9242 #93
nate11x / Nater_Racing21 #21
Duck149 / Duck149 #90

33J0b.png

Last edited:
Got you down gents, really hope we get Motegi as 200 miles would be great fun in these cars.

Awesome, got you both down.

These cars on ovals with so much power are a lot of fun Litchi, should be awesome. We used RM Camaros last season and they were fairly stable but with 750bhp+ on tap these should be quite a bit harder to pack race in.

Also bigger and squarer as well. Should make drafting interesting.

I'm in! #15 as usual :)

Is there any chance you can reduce tyre compound though? I reckon Sport Hards on this car can be very fun, while still easily race-able and safer as well. It would be nice for a change as all these Nascar series are the exact same IMO. Test with me;)

I'm in! #15 as usual :)

Is there any chance you can reduce tyre compound though? I reckon Sport Hards on this car can be very fun, while still easily race-able and safer as well. It would be nice for a change as all these Nascar series are the exact same IMO. Test with me;)

All the same? We're using a 42 year old car mate! ;)

I'll test with you at some point but I'm not too convinced due to the stability you need whilst 2/3 wide.

All the same? We're using a 42 year old car mate! ;)

I'll test with you at some point but I'm not too convinced due to the stability you need whilst 2/3 wide.

Well IndyCar and Nascar Trucks are both a lot different, but the Camaro's, ZR1's, Sprint Cup and Nationwide are very similar apart from what the car looks like.

Anyway, feel free to dismiss my opinion for stupidity, but for one, it would be closer to what they were racing on in 1970, also, NASCAR on Comfort Soft is unbelievably good fun, still easy-ish to manage but you can wreck by yourself, the racing is a lot more driver-input as well, and there's less bump-drafting and less 3 wide.

Note that I'm only saying these points for the benefit of everyone, not just for myself, but I think it could be a hell of a lot of fun. We'll have to try it out pre-season.👍

Not a lot of talk...

Matty
Not a lot of talk...

Well we don't kick off for a few weeks to be fair. I'll most likely have a room up on the 1st July for those who aren't in Furi's WSC finale.

Gotcha Haitch.

Definitely interested here. I wouldn't be able to make the first race, but I'm good for the last two.

#6 please.

Its Vanilla
Definitely interested here. I wouldn't be able to make the first race, but I'm good for the last two.

#6 please.

Of course, you'll need to add Tom_97_COD on PSN by the way. Welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back