GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
Good morning everyone from Indiana! Just sent my times to Fetchy and will submit my replays later today. Can't wait to start racing.

Welcome and see you on track soon.!

So I finally decided to check out what WRS is all about, and I just submitted my qualifiying times today. Really looking forward to participating soon!

I just noticed the weekly time trial is on the 'Ring, which I love, so I'll probably have to get a fresh Italia and try it out.

One noob question... I was looking at the "WRS Leaderboard" and it doesn't seem to show the total times, just split times. Is there a reason for this? How do you know who's in first if the total time isn't there? Even though I'm not official yet I was going to give it a run and see where I stack up

Thanks in advance for the info!

Hey and welcome!
One noob question... I was looking at the "WRS Leaderboard" and it doesn't seem to show the total times, just split times. Is there a reason for this? How do you know who's in first if the total time isn't there?
That's where the mystery of a week's TT'ing comes in. The last sector time will always be kept secret untill the deadline has passed and the total laptimes (which you submit to Fetchy during the week) become public.

And you'll notice this tidbit in the event details which not only means the leaderboard won't show the final split(s) or total lap time, but you aren't allowed to reveal them in the thread until the event closes and results are official:

EDK
Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
The following information can be discussed in this thread :
  • T1 through T9 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Does someone have any tips for quickly increasing experience level in B-Spec mode? I would like to run endurance races to break in new cars but I've never touched B-Spec so I'm currently at zero. I know that you can use seasonal events to increase A-Spec experience points but am not aware if you can do the same for B-spec.

Thanks.

There are 5 sets of 3 seasonal events for B-spec mode, and this is probably the fastest way to level up your drivers. Endurance events grant even more experience once you get to that point. Note that drivers will struggle with high powered cars until level 10 or so, but it doesn't take long to level up your characters to that point.

Does someone have any tips for quickly increasing experience level in B-Spec mode? I would like to run endurance races to break in new cars but I've never touched B-Spec so I'm currently at zero. I know that you can use seasonal events to increase A-Spec experience points but am not aware if you can do the same for B-spec.

Thanks.

I think that this little trick still works as well. This way you don't have to sit around your B-spec driver, waiting for him to finish and start a new race.

hey all,
i just submitted my times and replays, and was wondering how long it generally takes because I am keen as to get some splits up and enter a time in the WRS time trial !! i know it says up to four weeks in main post but hoping it will be faster nowadays..

I am concerned maybe I did something wrong with my app, will the admins let me know if something isnt right?

You're likely to be waiting two weeks to be able to compete in TTs. You need a handicap first, so just run them for fun and to see which division you may be going in.

If you did anything wrong with your submission you would have received a message from Fetchy straight away (yeah, I did :lol:), so you'll only have problems with your replay, if anything. Just relax and wait, it'll fly by. :)👍

OK awesome cool thanks for reply, I will just do them for fun and see where abouts i would have ended up handicap aside and give it a couple of weeks :)

OK awesome cool thanks for reply, I will just do them for fun and see where abouts i would have ended up handicap aside and give it a couple of weeks :)
Feel free to get involved in the time trial threads, and if you like, you can also post what splits you are getting (of the splits that you are permitted to post, as per the OP). Your times won't go up onto the board until you get your division placement, but as I said, get involved right away if you like!

Unfortunately guys my ps3 got its 3rd YLOD of the 2 days ago. I have now got a new ps3 my new name is GTP_Dano89 please take GTP_Dano20 of you freinds list thanks

Do you guys think this is going to put a hamper on things for awhile? :boggled: "In Gran Turismo 6, replay data, ghost data, photo data, course data etc. are stored in your game data"

Looks like you got that from the GT6 manual that was posted today?: http://us.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/manual/#!/save_load/autosave

I don't think it's any different from GT5, and similarly, replay/ghost data that you explicitly export to the XMB should be safe.

We have been lapping up the leaked GT6 info over the past week, and we're hoping to make a post within the
next 12hrs that will be targeted toward GT6 WRS particpants. 👍

I can confirm that we might have a problem. I own the game for 2 days now.

Yes you can save fasted lap like GT5
Yes there is live timing button just like GT5 but there is no info in the live timing window it is blanc. No splits and no info about witch tires where used :grumpy:
Yes you can export the replay to the HDD like GT5
Let's hope the live timing will be fixed with the patch next friday

If i'll save the replay from let's say a sunday cup race. The live timing is also available and fully filled in with splits and with tires where used. But there is a but again. it only shows the tenths but not the hundreds and thousands.

There is an other thing. When you start up the game it ask for your name first name and family name. Just like the previous Academy. But during the Academy your PSN was displayed in the game. This time i saw my real name displayed in the game. So i assume it will be displayed during online racing also. I don't want the whole world to know my real name. If you fill in your first name John and family name Doe. It will be displayed as J.Doe (read the point) So i deleted my game data and started the game again. This time filled in first name . (read point) and family name GTP_DTM and is now display ..GTP_DTM. During loading a replay you can see the PSN btw. Let's say i filled in John Doe and my PSN is GTP_DTM. The following is displayed while loading a replay J.Doe / GTP_DTM. So that part is verifiable to check replay's if you decided to use an other name than your PSN

image.jpeg

That's good information Dennis. I know the Netherlands had an early release due to a public holiday, but for the majority that compete in the WRS, the game is released tomorrow. I certainly don't want to have to go down the path of creating a profile only to have to delete it some time later once we understand the naming convention that we'll have to use. The licence tests are fun, but I don't want to have to clear them twice...:sly:

We have been lapping up the leaked GT6 info over the past week, and we're hoping to make a post within the next 12hrs that will be targeted toward GT6 WRS particpants. 👍

Looking forward to it Lucas 👍

That's good information Dennis. I know the Netherlands had an early release due to a public holiday, but for the majority that compete in the WRS, the game is released tomorrow. I certainly don't want to have to go down the path of creating a profile only to have to delete it some time later once we understand the naming convention that we'll have to use. The licence tests are fun, but I don't want to have to clear them twice...:sly:

Looking forward to it Lucas 👍

Like i said. I doesn't matter what name you fill in. In the replay your PSN is displayed while loading the replay.

UPDATE:

The server is online and i downloaded the 1.2GB patch. Went into a lobby and the name you fill in at the start of the game will be displayed in the online lobby as i expected, glad i changed it right from the start. You will recognize me as shown above in a online lobby. In the seasonal rankings your PSN is displayed. I found this very confusing, be cause i'm a sucker with names. But that's how it is.

Replay of seasonal still don't show splits times. I assume the replay we need for WRS also still not shows the splits after the patch. Will try that later

UPDATE.
Spilts stil not displayed. Think and hope that it will be fixed with a patch sometime.
Tyres and laptime are.

UPDATE
Just found out you can change your name at anytime. I mean the name you have to fill in at the start of the game. That's good

Last edited:
Thanks for all of that Dennis! :eek:

How do you change the in-game name? That could be both good and bad.

Your welcome Lucas

About changing your name can be done by pressing the start button on the controller and on the top right there appears a roll down window can't tell exactly what the following step was but there aren't many to choose from you will figure that out

It could be good and bad indeed. But your not changing your PSN so no worries for WRS. Aslong your signed in with your GTP_ account you won't be able to change that name. I was talking about that name you have to fill in at the start of the game. In my example above i used John Doe. That name will be showed in the online lobby and that is what you can change. Your GTP_ is veriable at anytime for WRS and is not changeable.

I haven't raced online much in GT5 but am planning to do so in GT6 since your series dovetails very well with my availability (assuming you keep races on Wed nights of course), I don't have much experience with PSN IDs etc. (just always ever logged in as my own and that's about it) so I am wondering what it means to have a separate GTP_ ID, is it something you do on the playstation before going into GT or something inside GT?

Is it also correct that the progress/cars would be different between IDs? In that case should I make a GTP ID for GT6 right away (whether on the PS or inside GT) and only play that basically?

(oops, just saw I posted this in the TT area while I really meant to post in the weekly race series area, but I think it's probably the same from an ID perspective so I'll leave it here)

I haven't raced online much in GT5 but am planning to do so in GT6 since your series dovetails very well with my availability (assuming you keep races on Wed nights of course), I don't have much experience with PSN IDs etc. (just always ever logged in as my own and that's about it) so I am wondering what it means to have a separate GTP_ ID, is it something you do on the playstation before going into GT or something inside GT?

Is it also correct that the progress/cars would be different between IDs? In that case should I make a GTP ID for GT6 right away (whether on the PS or inside GT) and only play that basically?

(oops, just saw I posted this in the TT area while I really meant to post in the weekly race series area, but I think it's probably the same from an ID perspective so I'll leave it here)
We've historically required a separate PSN ID, with a GTP_ prefix.

We're still sifting through everything and making the determination for what will be required on GT6. For those who already have a tag, we suggest you use it. For those who don't, feel free to make one, if you would like. But just know that we have not yet made a final determination or ruling on the direction we will go.

Watch this forum for updates, you are in the right place.

Saw this on the GT website under the Replay section, so can't believe that replays aren't showing spits:

i1v8qFH4yT9RJ.jpg

Believe me they don't double triple quadruple checked it. Not in arcade and practice mode

Only three name changes? Too bad about the RA menu though. Seems it's only the DFGT that have it now then... :indiff:

Also full custom transmission setting has changed. You don't see your speed change when you changing final gearing.

Back