GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
When and where do I see which division I qualified for? I just submitted my replays for verification. ? I understand it will take a little bit.

Jared93 posted this question literally 2 minutes before I posted the latest round of qualifiers, including his submission (his timing on the submission was fortunate in that regard). Speedy was simply pointing to the thread where all new submissions are posted. (We don't send out PMs when the registration is processed, so we get this question a lot.)

So, lets conclude this discussion by simply saying:

Welcome to the Registry, Jared93! 👍

hello, I have many questions, and more importantly, I do try to participate in this section? that is the test of Nordschleife sectors? I'm just a little lost with this hehe

Hi there. Firstly, here's how you can join the WRS. Secondly, you can ask your questions in this thread if you like, or you can send a PM to one of the race admins. No matter what, I'm sure you'll get the answers you need 👍.

Good luck with your qualifier :gtpflag:!

Last edited:
I'm considering joining myself, and I've been reading over how to qualify. I've already made my GTP account and it'll take me no time at all to be at the requirement to do the qualifier. Alot of reading though so it's a little overwhelming because I get real paranoid and all, but otherwise, I hope sooner or later I'll be all ready to go to attempt a qualify later on today or tomorrow.

Take your time to read it all properly, no rush, and good luck on your Qualifier! :gtpflag:

I ordered a Ferrari F458 Wheel Add-On from http://www.shopblt.com/ for $114 and it is being sent out today. I should have it by Saturday!! They have 16 coming so anyone interested follow the link! Free shipping!!

I'm starting to work on my qualifier and is this a game of seconds or 1/10s of a second or smaller? Basily if I'm within 0.3 of what would be a perfect sector group for me can I just submit that and not worry about that being the difference of being placed too low (like more than 1 level)?

We can't really answer that directly, but I can say that missing 0.3 over the course of both sectors won't affect your placement much.

I'm starting to work on my qualifier and is this a game of seconds or 1/10s of a second or smaller? Basily if I'm within 0.3 of what would be a perfect sector group for me can I just submit that and not worry about that being the difference of being placed too low (like more than 1 level)?

You're not allowed to discuss your splits according to the page lol

We can't really answer that directly, but I can say that missing 0.3 over the course of both sectors won't affect your placement much.

I was just curious if 0.3 could could drop me from D2 Silver to say D3 Silver (hypothetically speaking). So is it worth hunting down that time. Going by your answer I'm guessing I don't have to.

You're not allowed to discuss your splits according to the page lol

I didn't list any split times?

Going by your answer I'm guessing I don't have to.

That's the point I was hoping you would get from my necessarily vague answer. 👍

Think about the qualifer as you would any of our normal weekly time trials. Routinely you will see guys saying that they left one, two, three tenths out on track, due to running out of time before the submission deadline on Monday nights. 3 tenths on a short (sub 1min) track like Tsukuba can mean quite a lot, but 3 tenths on a 3+min run is quite small.

That's the point I was hoping you would get from my necessarily vague answer. 👍

Think about the qualifer as you would any of our normal weekly time trials. Routinely you will see guys saying that they left one, two, three tenths out on track, due to running out of time before the submission deadline on Monday nights. 3 tenths on a short (sub 1min) track like Tsukuba can mean quite a lot, but 3 tenths on a 3+min run is quite small.

Yes, but if he was .2 seconds into Division 2 Bronze at his best, and he left .3 seconds on the track, he would put himself into Division 3 Gold would he not?

Best to try and not leave anything on the track in the qualifier, and submit your honest best effort me thinks.

Then again ... it doesn't really matter that much which exact division you're in. Except for the occasional race where for some practical reason the grid is set to handicap-order, it doesn't really matter, unless you're worried about your image. :D

Having seen what carracer can do, I don't think he's in danger of being classified as a noob. :sly:

Then again ... it doesn't really matter that much which exact division you're in.
May as well scrap the divisional rankings then eh, since it doesn't matter. :rolleyes: In that case, why even bother having a qualifier... scrap the lot and abandon 10 years of GTP tradition and organisation.

Then again ... it doesn't really matter that much which exact division you're in. Except for the occasional race where for some practical reason the grid is set to handicap-order, it doesn't really matter, unless you're worried about your image. :D

Having seen what carracer can do, I don't think he's in danger of being classified as a noob. :sly:

And that's the final good words 👍
but I was worried about my image in D3S though so I decided to run some TT to grow up in divisions :)

May as well scrap the divisional rankings then eh, since it doesn't matter. :rolleyes: In that case, why even bother having a qualifier... scrap the lot and abandon 10 years of GTP tradition and organisation.

You didn't get what I meant at all. Of course everyone should strive to submit a time that they feel represents best their level of driving. What I did mean was, that it's not worth spending hours on scraping the last 1/100th of a second off of your qualifying time, if you're not prepared to do that in every TT or in preparation for each event. (as it also says in other words in the registry qualifyer explanations)

Because all you get for it, is a division placement (most likely only one subdivision up or down, from the time improvements we're talking here), and if your goal is just to participate, it doesn't matter much which subdivision you're in.

I do agree with Litchi though, some "street cred" could play a part in wanting to put some more effort into the qualifyer. :sly:

Hi, can anyone help me here. I've sent a registration to WRS fetchbot, but I've made a mistake in the spelling of my psn ID. Do I just resend the registration to the fetchbot? Or just change my psn ID to read correctly in my replay submission?

Yes, please resend it, and we'll discard the one you sent earlier. 👍

Just submitted the replay files according to the instructions. Once it has been checked, will I get a reply by e-mail or by a private message here at GTPlanet?

Also, how long does it usually take?

Thanks.

Just submitted the replay files according to the instructions. Once it has been checked, will I get a reply by e-mail or by a private message here at GTPlanet?

Also, how long does it usually take?

Thanks.

Thanks to Speedy living up to his name, you've received your provisional division and can compete in online events immediately. Check out my sig for some of the current online series or the WRS-Online Forum for a list of all events.

However, you just missed the last batch of official processing by two days (here) which happens about once every 4 weeks. You will likely receive your official handicap, which is required to participate in offline time trials, in the first week in August. When that happens, you won't get a PM, but you'll see another post in the GTP_WRS : New Drivers and Promotions thread listing your official handicap and division placement. Subscribe to that thread for updates.

Good morning everyone from Indiana! Just sent my times to Fetchy and will submit my replays later today. Can't wait to start racing.

Back